question about Harry Blackstone Jr.

rincewind

May 22, 2011, 5:26:19 AM5/22/11
I read in several articles about Harry Blackstone Jr. that he went
into theater production (producing among other things the Smothers
Brothers television show and a production of "Hair") because he wasn't
certain he wanted to run the gauntlet of being compared to his father
as a magician. Then he decided at one point to hang the comparisons
and just go full out.

But wasn't there a period that he was performing with a pick pocket
act? I have a memory of watching a magician offer to do the "Fastest
Card Trick In The World" which he never gets to because his volunteer
assistant keeps losing his watch (among other things). I thought that
was Harry, but nobody ever mentions it.

Ray Haddad

May 25, 2011, 6:30:19 PM5/25/11

Ed,

Gay Blackstone, his widow, frequents the Genii forums and would
probably answer questions about Harry Jr. If anyone knows, she does.
She's also on Facebook.
--
Ray

rincewind

May 26, 2011, 4:30:48 AM5/26/11
On May 25, 6:30 pm, Ray Haddad <r...@perthmagic.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 02:26:19 -0700 (PDT), rincewind

Thank you.