Any decent apps for an old iSight camera over FireWire?

Tim Murray

Aug 18, 2020, 12:36:14 AM8/18/20

For years I used miXscope, which offered many controls, the two most
important being a manual zoom and manual focus, but it was retired at 32 bit.

If you are wondering why I’d like to use an old iSight, even though it was
only 640x480, I took -- and would like to again -- close-ups of things that
are very small, such as my ex-wife’s brain. Kidding aside, I’m talking
things a half-inch across. I don’t need megapixels for that, and I made
(and sold!) a custom mount for a tripod. When combined with miXscope, the
good ol’ iSight worked well.

The apps I have will use iSight over FireWire, but, at least for those I have
tried, they have no manual controls. Anyone know of anything out there? I
care only about manual zoom and manual focus.

Thanks.