Xbox talk

mees

Jan 20, 2003, 10:19:55 PM1/20/03
Whats can be done with an xbox, I want to know if it is worth getting into

Keith

Jan 20, 2003, 10:23:27 PM1/20/03
http://www.xbox-scene.com

nuf said.

"mees" <tho...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Matthew Kruger

Jan 20, 2003, 11:33:00 PM1/20/03
I have personally seen the XBOX do the following.

Play DVD any region with macro off
Play any XBOX game AUS or overseas, original or ripped on CDRW or DVDR
Play any DIVX movie including XVid codec.
Play Mp3's
Play games online via Optus cable internet
(not using Microsoft XBlive either)
Play MAME ROM's with ease and more faithful to original speeds ect than my
P4 2.0Ghz. Sound more reliable too.
Stream movies from PC HDD to XBOX on fly so that XBOX can play them. eg
access HDD files from XBOX over LAN and play them thru XBOX without having
to transfer to XBOX first.
FTP from PC to XBOX at 5 MBytes/sec average.
MAME Emulator
Amiga emulator
SNES emulator
MegaDrive emulator
Linux on XBOX
Ability to make a game run in NTSC or PAL (handy for online play such as
HALO where standard play will only alloy multiplay with other PAL machines)
A few other things that I can't remember

"Keith" <kjpa...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

Francis Taylor

Jan 20, 2003, 11:59:34 PM1/20/03
You can upgrade the Hard drive to 120GB

"Matthew Kruger" <nospam@sircable@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

Ness

Jan 21, 2003, 1:04:14 AM1/21/03
like mine :)

I also transfer at speeds up to 10Mb

I have a 30cm x-over cable - which is perfect for connecting 1 xbox to
another, and leeching everything they got in 30 mins :)

Also N64 has Emulation

"Francis Taylor" <francis...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Francis Taylor

Jan 21, 2003, 2:34:38 AM1/21/03
n64 emulation?

ripper

"Ness" <skank...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

Keith

Jan 21, 2003, 2:44:31 AM1/21/03
How do you ftp xbox to xbox? what program do you use?

Keith

David Sauer

Jan 21, 2003, 2:51:05 AM1/21/03
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:44:31 GMT, "Keith" <kjpa...@zip.com.au> wrote:

>How do you ftp xbox to xbox? what program do you use?

FlashFXP is what most of the tuts show, easy enough to use.
Easy enough to find a regd version.

---
Remove 'panties' to email.

nos...@hotmail.com

Jan 21, 2003, 3:15:06 AM1/21/03
Does anyone know if you can play mame games or run xbox apps that are
stored on the PC HDD?

Francis Taylor

Jan 21, 2003, 4:05:56 AM1/21/03
I dont think so but then why would you want to?

Copy your favourite games only instead of all 3000....

<nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ranga

Jan 21, 2003, 4:33:06 AM1/21/03
xbox ftp
http://www.xtreme-xbox.net/index.php

--
Regards,
Ranga

"Keith" <kjpa...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

Ranga

Jan 21, 2003, 4:33:41 AM1/21/03
yep, but no sound as yet :(

--
Regards,
Ranga

"Francis Taylor" <francis...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

David Sauer

Jan 21, 2003, 6:49:50 AM1/21/03
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:15:06 +1100, nos...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Does anyone know if you can play mame games or run xbox apps that are
>stored on the PC HDD?

Have you got 6 gig of mame games or something?

Bubble Bobble does me for hours.

David Sauer

Jan 21, 2003, 6:53:48 AM1/21/03
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:44:31 GMT, "Keith" <kjpa...@zip.com.au> wrote:

>How do you ftp xbox to xbox? what program do you use?

Shit, should also add that you need to set the xbox up to connect to
the PC. I've got a router with a DHCP server so I just connect the
xbox to the router and it's assigned an IP address an I just connect
to that address.

If you don't have one it gets fiddly as you're going to need a second
network card [assuming you have one for the cable modem] and a cross
over cable to ftp to the box.

router is dead easy, only problem is that I can no longer keep track
of how much data I'm sending / receeiving as it's all going out/in on
the one network card.

Francis Taylor

Jan 21, 2003, 7:20:00 AM1/21/03
> Have you got 6 gig of mame games or something?
>
> Bubble Bobble does me for hours.

Its something like that for the full set

nos...@hotmail.com

Jan 21, 2003, 7:21:29 AM1/21/03
approx 5 gig of mame games

Francis Taylor

Jan 21, 2003, 7:23:06 AM1/21/03
Vet the good ones on your pc; or install one CD at a time.....

<nos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Keith

Jan 21, 2003, 7:02:30 PM1/21/03
Nah, that's what I use when I'm ftp'ing from my xbox to my pc and vice
versa, the other person was saying that he connected a crossover cable
between the two xboxes and did it directly. Was wondering how he did it.

Keith
"David Sauer" <davidsauer> wrote in message

balog

Jan 22, 2003, 2:43:36 AM1/22/03
As you are probably aware, the evox dash has a built in ftp server.
Currently there are two different ftp clients written for xbox, xb-ftp and
xtoolbox. if you run one of these products on one xbox, you can connect to
the ftp server running inside evox on the another xbox.

"Keith" <kjpa...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

Neale

Jan 22, 2003, 3:08:18 AM1/22/03
> As you are probably aware, the evox dash has a built in ftp server.
> Currently there are two different ftp clients written for xbox, xb-ftp and
> xtoolbox. if you run one of these products on one xbox, you can connect to
> the ftp server running inside evox on the another xbox.

Well I'll be. So that's what those apps are for.

Anybody want to get together for an x-lan party? ;-)

balog

Jan 22, 2003, 4:36:00 AM1/22/03
lol
"Neale" <have@you> wrote in message

Mat...@linkcube.co.uk

Apr 14, 2013, 2:15:35 AM4/14/13
NICE! I just Microsoft points for free from this site! :D freemspointsforever com