Sen. Bill Cassidy trashes [dem idiot...] Pelosi's new $3T spending proposal: It 'doesn't pass the laugh test'

Leroy N. Soetoro

May 18, 2020, 4:21:13 PM5/18/20
https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-bill-cassidy-trashes-pelosis-new-
spending-proposal-doesnt-pass-the-laugh-test

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's new $3 trillion coronavirus
spending proposal is politically motivated "garbage" that "doesn't pass
the laugh test," Sen. Bill Cassidy argued Wednesday.

Appearing on "America's Newsroom" with host Ed Henry, Cassidy, R-La., said
Pelosi tried to get away with more liberal additions to the bill once
again, but this time it's hidden in the fine print.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

"Clearly she went to her committee chairs and she said give me that which
you think maybe we can get in here – a starting point for negotiations so
we’ll look reasonable when we retreat from it," he explained. "On the
other hand, it is socking it to the American people, cynically saying
we’re here to help you but rather instead trying to fulfill a leftwing
agenda."

The new proposal -- deemed the HEROES Act -- includes billions for
metropolitan cities, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
unemployment, businesses, schools, and national COVID-19 testing. However,
the now biggest and most expensive aid package also mentions cannabis 68
times and gives the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) $25 billion. The
legislation would also expand direct payment eligibility to some
undocumented immigrants.

While the House is set to pass the package on Friday, the additional
provisions have led Republican senators to announce the bill is "as dead
as fried chicken" to them.

The USPS reportedly has found itself in dire straits during the pandemic,
with over a thousand employees having tested positive for the virus and
more than 40 postal workers dead.

However, in addition, the USPS has announced that without financial aid,
they may not make it past September. They've recently asked Congress for
$89 billion.

"Yeah, that's all about an unfunded accrued liability in their pension
fund [and] other things," Cassidy said, in reference to the USPS stipend.

"There needs to be structural reform to the postal service. My fear is
that if you just give them the $25 billion without pushing for the reform,
you know five years from now we’re going to have a similar problem," he
told Henry.

Cassidy pointed out that although the longer the pandemic lasts the more
likely government aid is going to be needed, the end doesn't justify all
of these means.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

"Now clearly some aid is going to be needing [to go] further. The longer
the crisis lasts, the more likely aid is going to be needed.," he noted.
"That said, we shouldn't kind of mash it together again with the wish
list. That discredits the true need as people are attempting to sneak in
an agenda cynically saying this is about me but really it's about an
agenda."

"We need to stick with the need," Cassidy concluded.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."