Cosmo Safe Opening

Equalizer

Feb 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/12/99
HELP
A customer brought in a Cosmo Safe Model# TB 3E
Its Brand New never been opened
Still has paper in the door and jamb
Problem is the batteries have died and there located on the inside of the
safe and we really don't want to drill it
I've re-moved the plate below the key pad and found a round
slotted one side thingie It tuns both ways freely but don't really
do anything in any position ether way

ANY Suggestion's
Greatly Appreciated
Sh...@Advancedlock.com
My e-address should be enough to prove my credibility

Jim West

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

Equalizer wrote in message ...
I'm no safe man, but have worked on these "Home Depot" type safes. I tried
a search with excite and came up blank. I would ask the customer where the
bought the safe, contact the store for info on the maker, and then contact
them. Once you provide proof of being a locksmith they are generally
helpful. Otherwise you could try to determine the power leads to the
keypad, and connect power to them and see if that works. The customers
combo probably won't work so try defaults such as 1-2-3 etc, you know the
drill. But try the manufacture first, these cheap safes generally have a
key override, or some other simple by-pass method, as with everything we do
its just a matter of knowing the trick. You may also want to ask SAVTA.

Jay Hennigan

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:06:07 -0800, Equalizer <sha...@pis-net.com> wrote:
:HELP

:A customer brought in a Cosmo Safe Model# TB 3E
:Its Brand New never been opened
:Still has paper in the door and jamb
:Problem is the batteries have died and there located on the inside of the
:safe and we really don't want to drill it
:I've re-moved the plate below the key pad and found a round
:slotted one side thingie It tuns both ways freely but don't really
:do anything in any position ether way

I don't know if it's the specific one you have, but on many of these
imported el-cheapo "safes" you can poke a hooked wire through a hole
behind that access plate and snag the locking solenoid plunger.

The right shape of tool can be easily fashioned if you have a similar
unit to inspect.

--
-- Jay Hennigan j...@west.net 805-884-6323 --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.

{TRUE_USER_NAME}

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
why did you take in a job you were not qualified to do? you should have
refered it to a professional safe man.

Equalizer wrote:

> HELP
> A customer brought in a Cosmo Safe Model# TB 3E
> Its Brand New never been opened
> Still has paper in the door and jamb
> Problem is the batteries have died and there located on the inside of the
> safe and we really don't want to drill it
> I've re-moved the plate below the key pad and found a round
> slotted one side thingie It tuns both ways freely but don't really
> do anything in any position ether way

bunnyran...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2012, 9:01:49 PM8/1/12

bunnyran...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2012, 9:04:10 PM8/1/12
your gonna have to use that hole in the safe put the dial in the hole and put the code in then it will open even if the batteries are dead thats what i need is the dail

bunnyran...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2012, 9:03:29 PM8/1/12
On Sunday, February 14, 1999 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jim West wrote:
> Equalizer wrote in message ...
> >HELP
> >A customer brought in a Cosmo Safe Model# TB 3E
> >Its Brand New never been opened
> >Still has paper in the door and jamb
> >Problem is the batteries have died and there located on the inside of the
> >safe and we really don't want to drill it
> >I've re-moved the plate below the key pad and found a round
> >slotted one side thingie It tuns both ways freely but don't really
> >do anything in any position ether way
> >
> >ANY Suggestion's
> >Greatly Appreciated
> >Sh...@Advancedlock.com
> >My e-address should be enough to prove my credibility
> >

> I'm no safe man, but have worked on these "Home Depot" type safes. I tried
> a search with excite and came up blank. I would ask the customer where the
> bought the safe, contact the store for info on the maker, and then contact
> them. Once you provide proof of being a locksmith they are generally
> helpful. Otherwise you could try to determine the power leads to the
> keypad, and connect power to them and see if that works. The customers
> combo probably won't work so try defaults such as 1-2-3 etc, you know the
> drill. But try the manufacture first, these cheap safes generally have a
> key override, or some other simple by-pass method, as with everything we do
> its just a matter of knowing the trick. You may also want to ask SAVTA.

your gonna have to use that hole in the safe put the dial in the hole and put the code in then it will open even if the batteries are dead thats what i need is the dial

Mh...@comporium.net

Sep 13, 2015, 1:10:26 AM9/13/15
On Friday, February 12, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Equalizer wrote:
> HELP
> A customer brought in a Cosmo Safe Model# TB 3E
> Its Brand New never been opened
> Still has paper in the door and jamb
> Problem is the batteries have died and there located on the inside of the
> safe and we really don't want to drill it
> I've re-moved the plate below the key pad and found a round
> slotted one side thingie It tuns both ways freely but don't really
> do anything in any position ether way
>
> ANY Suggestion's
> Greatly Appreciated
> Sh...@Advancedlock.com
> My e-address should be enough to prove my credibility
I just recently found a cosmo TB-3e safe and the batteries are dead. I pealed the sticker from around the touch pad and they were 5or6 screws under it. take only the 4 outside screws (the 4 corner ones) loose and remove the key pad. there is a ribbon plug with several brown wires, unplug it from the key pad and set it aside. take a stiff wire and bend a hook in it. insert it into the hole that the brown wires are in and try to pull out the two red wires, be careful not to break the wires. strip the wires and put a longer lead on each wire. (DO NOT cut the wires in two.)after you get the leads on plug the key pad back in and then take a 9volt battery and attach it to the leads. if the red LED light doesn't light up when you push the (C) button switch the contacts on the battery. the default code is (C123456#(pound sign). you will have 4 seconds to turn the knob to open the safe. the safe resets itself after 4 seconds opened or closed. Hope this helps anyone

erba...@physics.ucdavis.edu

Aug 23, 2017, 7:21:04 PM8/23/17
=> We tried this method. Got to the point where we tried to pull the red and brown (not two red) leads out but could not get them out far enough because they were loops and neither ends would budge. Finally one of the wires gave and broke. So I have the end of one of them which I can barely access and a loop on the other one. So we don't understand what you mean by "pull the two red wires out". :(

I think we will have to take it to a lock and safe company, then. Sigh.

cable...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 10:20:01 PM9/7/17
Hi I am in the same predicament, my batteries died and I cannot open the safe. I have this same exact model and was wondering if you ever found a way to get into your safe? Any info would be much appreciated. I also got to the point of only finding a red and brown wire and decided to stop after reading your post.

odnealbill...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2018, 9:02:54 PM10/12/18
I have cosmo safe tb 3e door is open need to know how to reset combination

robertb...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2019, 6:04:11 PM2/3/19
I'M TRYING TO REPLACE THE BATTERY IN MY COSMO SAFE MODEL #TB-3E SER.#6110 -24223 it has a touch pad, ,any help would be appreciated

ronad...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2019, 4:29:59 PM3/22/19
I did exactly what you said to do and it worked like a charm! I opened my safe and was able to get to all my titles and insurance papers, your kind advice saved the day, thank you so much!

lhber...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2019, 8:00:57 PM7/5/19
On Friday, February 12, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Equalizer wrote:
> HELP
> A customer brought in a Cosmo Safe Model# TB 3E
> Its Brand New never been opened
> Still has paper in the door and jamb
> Problem is the batteries have died and there located on the inside of the
> safe and we really don't want to drill it
> I've re-moved the plate below the key pad and found a round
> slotted one side thingie It tuns both ways freely but don't really
> do anything in any position ether way
>
> ANY Suggestion's
> Greatly Appreciated
> Sh...@Advancedlock.com
> My e-address should be enough to prove my credibility

I just encountered the dead battery problem with my Cosmo TB-3E safe. In fact, the person in these posts, who provided the suggestion to pull off the key pad and gently pull up the two red wires, attach a 9v battery and enter the code he referenced (C123456#) was a huge help and he was pretty much 100% correct. With my safe there was a slight variance I'd like to share. First of all, there weren't two red wires. Instead, there was one red wire and one brown wire (separate from all the brown wires going to the key pad). These two wires go between the solenoid lock system and the battery pack. The best way to gain access to these two wires is to find the plastic wire tie that binds all the wires together. Carefully cut or break the wire tie (I used a pair of needle nose pliers and twisted the lock section of the wire tie until it broke). Then very carefully scrape the insulation off the red and brown wires I've referenced. Do not get too aggressive and cut these wires. Just get a bit of the insulation off so you start to see the metal wire inside the insulation. Then take two alligator clips and attach extension wires to them and then clip the alligator clips onto the safe's brown and red battery wires, where the insulation has been removed. Attach the other end of the wire from the alligator clips to a 9v battery. You will hear the solenoid start to make a clicking sound. Enter the code and turn the safe's lock knob. The safe will open.

reubanh...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 11:43:29 AM6/29/20
Is the door open

John Hines

Jan 2, 2022, 11:33:05 AM1/2/22

William mulhern

Sep 22, 2022, 8:41:39 PM9/22/22
On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 9:02:54 PM UTC-4, odnealbill...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have cosmo safe tb 3e door is open need to know how to reset combination
Look on the inside of the door should be 6 numbered wheels set them