weight of Mosler safe

leon fairbanks

Feb 1, 2002, 5:25:44 PM2/1/02
I have to move an old Mosler safe and I need to know how much it weighs.
Mosler used to have charts at their web site but since they went
bankrupt that information is no longer available. Does any one have a
copy of that weight information? The safe in question had a number above
the door : 225193 and a number below the door: 10235-23. I don't know
which number is the serial number. It's a class T-20 burglary with 4
hour fire classification. It is about 29 inches square by 5 feet tall.
Any info would be appreciated.

Leon

*.@*.com

Feb 1, 2002, 7:03:14 PM2/1/02
Are you trying to move it or freight it some where?
unless you're parking it on a wood floor computer elevated floor.
Weight doesn't matter much unless it get to 4000 lbs,
Last night we moved 6000 lbs TRTL30 X6
for a customers last day in business closeout.
May have a safe trailer for sale soon with slightly bowed axles.
upgrading to a Freightliner flatbed liftgate,
so anything under 2500 lb should be easy to move
for the experience locksmith.

leon fairbanks

Feb 1, 2002, 9:53:51 PM2/1/02
I'm trying to figure out if a wood floor in a domestic residence will
support it.

**...@*.com

Feb 1, 2002, 10:40:36 PM2/1/02
2000 lbs safe with 4 wheels contact surface 1"sq per wheel
Equal 500 lbs per Sq inch on a wood floor is not a good ideal,
2000 lbs flat contact surface 600' sq inches supported by
two possibly three floor beams still not a good ideal,
get your customer to sign a "Release of liability" form
what little profit you'll make on the safe move may
come back to bite you in the billfold later on,
Being that you're a professional in the eyes of a
civil court trial jurors and should know what you're doing...

**...@*.com

Feb 1, 2002, 11:06:30 PM2/1/02
>It's a class T-20 burglary with 4
>hour fire classification. It is about 29 inches square by 5 feet tall.

Sold one just like it combo dailed RLRL with front drive
cam and key change wheel pack,
and its interior was setup as a bookkeepers file
cabinets and drawers and outside front and back
was rimmed with angle iron...

cloakin...@smammenot.mil

Feb 6, 2002, 7:30:09 PM2/6/02
Sure will. Just place it on top of two pieces of 3/4 ply centered on
joists and put some jack posts under neath in basement.

Just hope it doesn't punch thru on the way there.

Lrkr

toms...@gmail.com

May 13, 2017, 4:17:06 PM5/13/17
179967 mosler anyone know how old

grandpami...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2018, 12:24:18 AM12/24/18
Late 1965

pun...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2019, 5:41:59 PM2/17/19
Would you know the weight or date of manufacture of mosler 26660?

don legino

Mar 23, 2021, 8:18:51 PM3/23/21
I have amosler safe that is 5 feet tall and 26 x 26 inches on 4 wheels. Same style. A549655 or A735944 are the two numbers on the metalic sticker label. Anyone know the weight? Please help me if you can. Need to relocate.

don legino

Mar 24, 2021, 12:25:47 PM3/24/21
My model number is #13 and serial number is 25471-7.