Help with Lori deadbolt

Wayne's Locks

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Remove the latch faceplate (2 screws ). Looking at the bolt, you will
notice that their is a crescent shaped opening beside the bolt going in.
You insert a ( I think ) 5/64" maybe 1/16" allen wrench ( long arm ) into
this cavity. You will find a set screw in the cavity. Turn it
counter-clockwise to loosen the cylinder retaining setscrew. Loosen it
enough to turn the cylinder, using a partially inserted key to act as a
turning device. The thumbturn side is the same, you just can't use a key to
turn it. Wayne Wayne's Locks and Etc Oh by the way, If the Lori was
installed correctly, you will have to enlarge the cross bored hole from
1-7/8" to 2-1/8". Wayne
Flyonetwo wrote in message <19981122203851...@ng115.aol.com>...
>Please help!!!!!!
>
>I recently bought a decorative brass Schlage lockset to replace the old set
on
>my front door. It consists of a deadbolt and a separate non-locking latch.
>had the Schlage deadbolt re-keyed to fit my existing keys. I got around to
>actually replacing the old lock today, and began with the latch set which
went
>very well, but when I tried to remove the Lori deadbolt I ran into a
problem. I
>can't get the Lori deadbolt out to install the new one.
>
>The Lori bolt has a thumbturn on the inside and a key hole on the outside,
but
>no apparent means of removing it. I can't find any screws or anything that
may
>need to be removed. Am I missing something? The deadbolt has a brass trim
ring
>around it, inside and out. The ring will spin, but doesn't unthread. I am
at a
>loss as to what to try next.
>
>Any advice on how to remove the old Lori Lock would be welcome.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike
>flyo...@aol.com

Ethan Cohen

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
mike,
very easy task to accomplish...first take the 2 screws that hold
the latch on the door. look down the sides and you will see i believe 2
----5/32 alan head screws . remove those a couple of turnes.. next stick
your key in the lock half way and loosen the lock out of the fixture.
and do the same with the thumb turn but with your hand. ..very
simple!!! E.T.

JS

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Does the Lori deadbolt use standard mortise cylinders?

Flyonetwo

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Bob De Weese

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Yes, with an adams rite cam. Usually though, on the single cyl, the
thumb turn is attached with screws like most other deadbolts.
Apparently in ths case, someone converted a double cyl to a single cyl
by replaceing the inside cyl woth a mortise thumb turn (quite common).

To the original poster; You'll need an extra long allen wrench to reach
the set screw(s). Most standard ones that size are too short. This is
why all the deadbolts come with one in the box. I've got a shitload of
them laying around.

If you need one email me with your address and I'll be happy to mail you
one.

Bobby

--
Bob De Weese
Certified Professional Locksmith

* "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
* how to say it, and whom to say it to." *