Jeffrey Rubard, writing noms des plumes 1/31/2023

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 31, 2023, 7:22:42 PM1/31/23
Writing pseudonyms used by Jeffrey Rubard, US, during a period from the 1990s to the 2020s:

(Some names were shared with another individual, or a group of people)

Fiction:

Jacques Roubaud (unknown as concrete individual to country of France)

Paul Auster (less *Country of Last Things*, by other hand previously)

Jeffrey Eugenides

John Wray

Jeffrey Lent

Jeff Noon

Andy Weir

Cixin Liu (visibly not Asian in ethnicity)

Tom Rob Smith

Pascal Mercier

Jamie Ford

Martin Solares

David Leavitt

Adam Rapp (shared)

John A. Heldt

Adam Levin

Russell Rowland

Edward Rutherfurd (shared)

Abdelrahman Munif (backdated to Intifada times)

Laszlo Krasznahorkai

Simon Sebag Montefiore

Richard Russo (less *Mohawk*)

Richard Flanagan

Joshua Cohen

Nick Hornby

Jonathan Littell

Mark Z. Danielewski

Arturo Perez-Reverte

Paulo Coelho?

Brendan Mathews

Yann Martel

Roddy Doyle (less first three novels)

Douglas Stuart

W.G. Sebald (backdated)

Stieg Larsson (concrete individual unknown to country of Sweden)

Anthony Doerr

Tom Drury

Keith Waldrop

M.T. Anderson

Garth Greenwell

Antonio Scurati (English texts original to me, Italian translations by Italian national)

Domenico Starnone

Mark Helprin

Cormac McCarthy (“general Western life”)

Michel Houellebecq

Rohinton Minstry?

Eugene Vodolazkin

Russell Banks

History:

Gordon S. Wood

Alan Taylor

John Ferling (shared, 70s-80s books under that name by another hand)

Jon Meacham

Ted Widmer

Scott Reynolds Nelson

David W. Blight

David Priestland

Leslie Holmes

Ian Bell

Michael Dobbs (not *House of Cards* and related series, by a Canadian national)

Robert W. Merry

Richard White

James Sullivan

RJ Smith

Stephen Greenblatt (not the literary criticism)

Matthew Stewart

RJ Smith

Michael Azerrad

Nelson Lichtenstein

Timothy Egan

Tracy Daugherty

Greg Grandin

Bryan Burrough

Peter Hall

Louis Menand (imitations of William Shawn’s knowledge-base, etc.)

Simon Sebag Montefiore

Arthur Kempton

Robert Fisk

Sociology:

Craig Calhoun (county of Rubard's birth in MI)

William Rasch

Randall Collins (hybrid, earlier works by another hand)

Göran Therborn

John Roberts (not John Roberts, US; fact presumably known to Justice Roberts)

Don Ross

Derrick Jensen

Gerd Baumann

Enzo Traverso

John Bellamy Foster

Richard A. Lanham (shared)

Joseph Carroll

Gerd Baumann

Jens Rubart

Hans-Georg Moeller

Michael Bentley

William H. Sewell Jr.

Jeffrey Alexander (less *Theoretical Logic in Sociology*, by another hand or hands)

John Roemer

Mark Fisher

Jan-Werner Müller

Oliver Zunz

Ulrich Beck

Michael Burawoy

Taylor Branch

Robert Brenner

Philosophy:

Philip Pettit (John Locke Lectures by telelink only, Mr. Rubard never in UK)

Tim van Gelder

Peter Carruthers

Jeff Malpas

Manuel Delanda

Kojin Karatani (group)

R.J. Lipton

Patrick J. Hurley

Peter Godfrey-Smith

Huw Price

Evan Thompson

Kevin Lynch

Domenico Losurdo

Alexander Stern

Leonard Mlodinow

Ian Hacking

Ted Sider (similar to "Philip Pettit")

Axel Honneth

Detlev Claussen

Gilles Dowek

Jean-Luc Nancy

Jean-Pierre Dupuy

Joseph LeDoux

Eric Baum

Murray Clarke

Joshua Cohen

Paul Guyer

Tyler Burge ("Individualism and the Mental" backdated to time of its concepts' novelty)

Matthew Stewart

Philip Kitcher

Jonathan Lear

Jeffrey Rubard (*The Torso of Humanity: A Reading of Heidegger’s Being and Time*, 2019, etext)

Jeffrey Rubard

Feb 1, 2023, 7:59:01 PM2/1/23
"Any takers for these hypotheses?"

Jeffrey Rubard

Feb 3, 2023, 2:24:02 PM2/3/23
"I think attributing the work of, say, Rohinton Minstry to him would be 'a far cry' but he substantially looks like a lot of the author photographs, yes."

Jeffrey Rubard

Feb 5, 2023, 7:08:14 PM2/5/23
"I don't think he does."
"It's not really the substantially critical issue, though."

Jeffrey Rubard

Jul 7, 2023, 11:36:05 AM7/7/23
"Actually, I lied. Those photographs are 'perfect likenesses' of Mr. Rubard, but if you thought that's how that works, well..."
"It's a part of how it works, honestly."
"I don't do 'honestly'."
"I guess."

Jeffrey Rubard

Jul 22, 2023, 11:42:47 AM7/22/23
"It's not like you're the most important writer in the world."
"Oh, good."

Jeffrey Rubard

Jul 22, 2023, 5:37:47 PM7/22/23
What if I were, though?

Jeffrey Rubard

Jul 23, 2023, 12:36:14 PM7/23/23
"I don't see how you could be."
Critical estimation and sheer popularity, averaged over noms des plumes?

Jeffrey Rubard

Jul 24, 2023, 3:36:39 PM7/24/23
"Then that wouldn't be a very worthwhile thing to be."
So there's an actual "irony", as opposed to a made-up one? That sounds possible.

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 6, 2023, 11:49:53 AM8/6/23
Update: I guess it's time to lay off the noms des plumes issue again.
"This happens to you periodically?"
Define your terms, if you would?

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 6, 2023, 6:31:59 PM8/6/23
"Like, again and again? The question arises, and then you fruitlessly try to solve it in the wrong way?"
I guess. It's called the "wheel of dharma", right?

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 7, 2023, 11:27:35 AM8/7/23
"Maybe it is. I'm not Hindu, you know."
About 'expert knowledge', really, seriously...

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 7, 2023, 11:28:08 AM8/7/23
It's actually what 'fatuous hoaxing' is really, importantly allergic to.

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 14, 2023, 4:10:32 PM8/14/23
"Oh, I'm pretty sure Rohinton Minstry would be opposed to that. (Cough cough, people, I'm going somewhere with this.)"

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 14, 2023, 4:35:24 PM8/14/23
"Like... maybe?"