The fucking SUSE 10.1 killed my computer

Komin                                                                                                                                                                                              "veakrin*gmail.com X-Complaints-To:" groups-abuse@google.com

Jan 6, 2007, 10:48:27 PM1/6/07
Yeah so robust that it can't fix itself, after trying to repair 3 times, and
2 times of trying to reinstall.

I kept seeing this error:

Scrub loading Stage1.5

Error 22

So much for the noisy bells and whistles, Yeah The ROBUST WENT DEAD, Thanks
to XP to rescue my system. God damn-it, don't blame on the user if you are
truly Robust you got to withstand more than 3 days.

I will never try it again, What a shitty OS/Linux !!

"You get what you paid for?" Sure, for free there is nothing promising.

chris...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2007, 10:55:43 PM1/6/07
Don't hate linux because of SUSE. Get yourself some slackware.
slackware.com.
did you install the bootloader to the superblock or the master boot
record?

Komin

veakrin*gmail.com

Charles

Jan 7, 2007, 1:35:20 AM1/7/07
Come on!! try a TRUE linux distro like Gentoo!!.. some distro just suc*ing

flupp

Jan 7, 2007, 5:12:45 AM1/7/07
Despite your lousy language, see if this may help you.

At a certain stage of SuSE installation, it will reboot your system. If
I remember correctly, that is happening after installation of most of
the #1 CD-ROM packages. If you take out your SuSE CD-ROM #1 at that
point (what in itself is a rather logical thing to do, and yes, the
SuSE installer doesn't even THINK of warning you from this), then the
error you get very much resembles what you are showing as your error.
So at that point, leave in your CD-ROM. Because *grub's installation*
happens AFTER that reboot. See if this helps you. And if it doesn't,
you still have your "safe haven", as you still have XP to "rescue"
yourself.

But then again, remember that also Windows is not without sins either.
Because after a Windows installation, all the rest (i.e. all
non-Windows previously installed OS's) are hidden. Somehow, Windows
kind of thinks it's the only OS worthwhile being shown. Maybe it's
because you pay for it ? I didn't figure this out (yet). Maybe you in
all your enthousiasm for Windows can help me figure this out ?

Morale: every installer has it's own tricks. Not paying for the free
one is the only guarantee you're not fooled.

Kind regards

Michael Heiming

Jan 7, 2007, 6:19:54 AM1/7/07
In alt.os.linux "Kominveakrin*gmail.com X-Complaints-To:\" groups...@google.com" <vea...@gmail.com>:

> Yeah so robust that it can't fix itself, after trying to repair 3 times, and
> 2 times of trying to reinstall.

Man was that a cheap troll attempt. Hint, do not use the M$ Linux
version...

[..]

mail: echo zvp...@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 122: because Bill Gates is a Jehovah's witness
and so nothing can work on St. Swithin's day.

Beowulf

Jan 7, 2007, 9:09:45 AM1/7/07
> I will never try it again, What a shitty OS/Linux !!

SUSE is not OS/Linux, SUSE is a distro (distribution)-- SUSE Linux is the
linux operating system (kernel) packaged with software Novell decided to
include, along with Novel's way of installing it. I tried SUSE once and
was not impressed, I also encountered issues with SUSE.

Perhaps try a different distro. Ubuntu is the #1 downloaded distro
(distrowatch.com), I use Ubuntu 6.10 i386 and am very much liking it. I am
actually going to be removing MS-Windows off my dual boot system very
soon, that is how much I have need of MS-Windows.

Ask for help here *prior* to your install, to know what you are to do, not
to do, etc. You are likely just not used to linux, it is no harder to
install than Windows, just a bit different.

Richard Asbridge

Jan 7, 2007, 10:27:11 AM1/7/07
Komin "veakrin*gmail.com
X-Complaints-To:" groups...@google.com wrote:
So you deleted your SuSE partition (probably in windows) an that's the
distro's fault? You muppet, put the computer back in the box, take it
back to the nice man in the shop and tell him you're too stupid to use it.

whistlerspa

Jan 7, 2007, 2:40:05 PM1/7/07
I like Mint Bea even better - it has all of Ububntu's 10.1 advantages
plus multimedia support out of the box.
WP

Beowulf

Jan 7, 2007, 3:41:23 PM1/7/07
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 08:40:05 +1300, whistlerspa wrote:

> I like Mint Bea even better - it has all of Ububntu's 10.1 advantages
> plus multimedia support out of the box.

How is USB support in Mint Bea (I have never heard of that distro)? Ubuntu
USB support just plain works which is why I have switched over to it from
Mandriva.

Snap Whipcrack..............

Jan 7, 2007, 9:52:28 PM1/7/07
Komin "veakrin*gmail.com
X-Complaints-To:" groups...@google.com wrote:
YOu could probably fuck up a paper clip.

Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE

Jan 13, 2007, 2:25:56 PM1/13/07
Komin wrote:
> Yeah so robust that it can't fix itself, after trying to repair
> 3 times, and
> 2 times of trying to reinstall.
>
> I kept seeing this error:

> Scrub loading Stage1.5

> Error 22
>
> So much for the noisy bells and whistles, Yeah The ROBUST WENT DEAD,
> Thanks
> to XP to rescue my system. God damn-it, don't blame on the user if
> you are
> truly Robust you got to withstand more than 3 days.
>
> I will never try it again, What a shitty OS/Linux !!

Yep, you're right. Never try it again!

> "You get what you paid for?" Sure, for free there is nothing
> promising.

Yep, getting gang-chained has to be paid for to be really promising.

I congratulate you for hating Linux because of SuSE. For Linux to be
ready for the desktop obviously it has to be hated just as hard as
MS-Windows.
Ever tried to install XP with your "Documents and Settings" on another
partition than C: or even on a network drive? That's quite some bit of
work. Linux installers always give you the choice to put /home wherever
you want - no hassle. But you promised never to try it again.

Now everybody: "Linux sux! Linux sux! Linux sux! Linux sux! Linux sux!"

Kind regards, Eike

--
"The adventures may be mad, but the adventurer must be sane."
- G. K. Chesterton (1908)

Handover Phist

Feb 5, 2007, 11:22:26 AM2/5/07

http://komin.justgotowned.com/