Here it is!!! (was: Re: HEY!! Where's the partry?!)

Arden Scentaur

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
Arden Scentaur trilled:

Here it is!!!

Spiritual Furry Lifestyle Survey - The Thervey

[Greek: therio, animal form: anthropus, of man]
Therianthropic+Survey= "Thervey"

The purpose behind the Thervey is to allow a self examination of the
spiritual and/or animalistic side of furries in all aspects of their
lifestyle. Most furries identify with an animal whose characteristics we
feel reflect our own, in a physical, mental and/or spiritual way. Many
furs feel those animal qualities very strongly.

The Thervey deals with spiritual furriness and can be used by those just
discovering furry and delurked furs who have previously taken other
furry and/or were tests and scorecards. All questions are optional and
open-ended - so write as much (or as little) as you like.

The Thervey has approximately 125 questions in four categories. It
approaches the human-animal relation in a fursonal way and is meant as a
tool for:

(I) Self discovery. Furs that have completed the test have often
enabled them to explore ideas in new ways and discover personal aspects
that had previously been unnoticed. The Thervey is a reflection of the
questions and views primarily found on the newsgroup Alt.Fan.Furry.

(II) Delurking. The Thervey can be used as an introduction by newcomers
to alt.lifestyle.furry in the same fashion as a werecard or the Furvey.
For those already delurked, it is an effective way way introduce the
more spiritually-oriented lifestyle qualities to other furries on the
newsgroup or just furson to furson.

(III) Tracking. Some furs have found that their furry views and
perceptions change over time as they become familiar with other furs
and discuss ideas and concepts. The Thervey can be used as a personal
reference for those who want to examine how their beliefs have changed
over a period of time.

Credits:

Arden Scentaur: Concept
Doran, Sun-stone, Plonq, Pheonix, Xyberwolf: Suggestions, Polishing
A.L.F 全teaders: Original thoughts ;), Feedback
--

(\-/)_ ArdenScentaur
< . . `; -. Ar...@hotmail.comspam

Arden Scentaur

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
Thervey Questions:

Lifestyle Furriness

1. Do you own any animals? Describe.
2. Are they treated as equals?
3. Do you feel a close, personal connection with them? Describe.
4. What animals would you like to eventually have?
5. Can you read an animals body language or emotions easily?
6. Would you become an animal of your choice/totem assuming it was
permanent? Temporary?
7. Would you would become any animal assuming it was permanent?
8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
animals?

9. What is your most acute sense?
10. Is it stronger or more developed than average?
11. Does it fit the characteristics of your totem or Furry species?
(i.e. sharp reflexes or hearing)
12. Do your physical qualities fit your personal Furry or totem animal?
Which ones?
13. Do you think your mental qualities fit your personal Furry or totem?

14. Do you read magazines/books on Furry or totem animals/therianthropy?
15. Do you express your Furriness creatively through art, writing,
music?
16. Do you wear clothes that have a Furry theme?
17. Do you like to walk around in your living space without clothes?
18. Are you a barefoot lifestylist?
19. Do you often find yourself sitting/lying in unusual positions?
20. Do you sleep like an animal in a little ball or fetal position?
21. Do you prefer not to wear any kind of artificial scent, perfume?

22. Do you own or plan to own a fursuit?
23. Would you sleep in your fursuit?
24. Are there any tasks or sequences in wearing a fursuit that you
especially like? Dislike?
25. Do you consider any of them to be ritualistic in any way? If so,
describe?
26. Do you feel compelled to fursuit on a regular basis? How many times
per month?
27. What qualities in a fursuit do you find most attractive?
28. Would you wear a tail or fursuit always if given the chance
(work/school) to do so?

29. How would you react if your friends and family shunned you after
telling them of your furriness?
30. Is furriness an important quality to you in a human mate?
31. Do you think both partners need to be Furry for a (human)
relationship to work?
32. If you have/want children, is being Furry something you would
encourage in them?

Totem Animals:

33. Do you have a totem animal?
34. If not, are you currently searching for your totem?
35. What benefits do you believe a totem gives you?
36. How did you first become aware of your totem?
37. Describe the events that lead up to the discovery?
38. What role does your totem play in your furriness?
39. Were you aware of your totem before you realized you were Furry?
40. Did your totem give you it’s name, did it came to you naturally, or
did you choose one?
41. Do you know the species of your totem, or is it hidden?
42. Is your totem the same phenotype as your Furry self?
43. Is your totem a mythological animal?
44. Does your mythological totem have characteristics unique to it?
45. Do you think that your behaviors and feelings mirror that of your
totem animal?
46. Is your totem nocturnal? Diurnal?
47. Are these times of day compatible with you?
48. How often are you aware of your totem?
49. Has your totem ever left you for an extended period?
50. If so, how did you feel?
51. Did you have any fears of it’s disappearance?
52. Do you have any statues/figures that symbolize your totem animal?
53. Do you collect books/articles/videos on your totem?
54. What rituals do you practice when thinking of/with your totem? (i.e.
quiet times)
55. Do you have any fetishes associated with your totem?
56. During what times/situations do you become most aware of your totem?
57. Do you recognize items related to your totem wherever you go?
58. When influenced by your totem, do you feel the need to create/make
things (art/sculpture etc.)?
59. Do you have special places where you search for/be with your totem?
60. Are these primarily in nature settings? Away from non-furries?
61. Does the presence of animals help bring out your totem?
62. What emotions do you experience when your totem is present
(fear/happiness/curiosity etc.)?
63. Describe the presence of your totem?
64. Would you still have a totem if you weren't Furry? (gasp!)
65. Do you feel the most Furry when your totem is present?
66. When is it’s presence the strongest? The weakest?
67. Does your totem increase your sexual drive/intuitive sense or
emotions?
68. Do you believe/practice any traditional shamanic principles?
69. Do you often dream Furry or of your totem animal?
70. Would you like to dream Furry more often, even if they weren’t
positive?
71. What do Furry dreams mean to you?
72. Do visualisation techniques play a part in your totemic games/acts?
73. If so, how do these techniques enhance the relationship with your
totem?
74. Does your totem guide your decision making?
75. Do you ask your totem questions or advice?
76. When confronted with a complex situation, do you often think about
what your totem animal would do?
77. Is your totem always present at some level?
78. Do you think your totem has helped develop your intuitive sense?
79. Has your totem has benefited you overall ? How?
80. Has your totem changed your set of personal values and beliefs?
81. Do you have a home/dream territory as part of your totemic or Furry
beliefs? Describe.
82. Do you know of RL places that are special in a similar way?

Wereness

83. Do you consider yourself were in any way?
84. If so, do you remember the date when you discovered your wereness?
85. If not, is this something you are investigating?
86. Have you ever m-shifted?
87. Have you ever p-shifted?
88. If not, is this something you are seeking to do?
89. Have you ever helped another to m-shift? P-shift?

90. Do any of your dreams have Were themes?
91. Do you dream of being hunted or being a hunter?
92. Do your m-shifts occur mostly in your dreams or when awake?
93. Would you prefer that they occur while awake or when dreaming?
94. Do you practice techniques to help you m-shift? P-shift?
95. Do your shifts come randomly, or can you induce them?

96. Are you generally territorial (i.e. mark/label your personal spaces
possessions)?
97. Have you experienced or found personal ley-lines?
98. Does hair on the back of your neck stands up when you get excited,
scared, or see/hear something you like?
99. Have you ever experienced communication with another animal by
instinctual understanding?

100. Do you inexplicably feel the need to go out at night (walk etc.)?
101. Do your senses sharpen at night (hearing/smell etc.)?
102. Do you recognize people by the sound of their movements?
103. Are there times when you feel closer to animals than to humans?
104. Do you believe that your true nature is animal (i.e. animal spirit
in human form?)
105. Do you consider yourself psychic or having more than 5 senses at
certain times?
106. Do you consider wereness spiritual?

Plushies

107. Do you own any plushies. If so, how many?
108. What things are important in finding the right plushie (size, feel,
look etc.)?
109. Do you favor one species of plushie over others?
110. Are there certain types/sizes of plushies that you prefer over
others?
111. Do you have any anatomically correct plushies for sexual purposes?
112. Do you think plushies represent your furry self in any way?
Describe.
113. Do they act as a symbol or focus for your totem?
114. Do your plushies have a universal, genderless quality about them,
or do they have a specific sexuality?
115. Do you believe that certain plushies have a definite character or
spirituality about them?
116. Describe your ultimate plushie.

Furry Sexuality

117. Do you have any Furry sexual fetishes?
118. Has becoming Furry changed your perceptions of your own sexuality?
119. Does feeling Furry change your level of yiffiness/sexual arousal?
120. Do you fantasize about animals during masturbation?
121. When having sex with others?
122. Do you make any kind of animal noises during sex?
123. Have you ever had sex in the wilderness?
124. Have you had or plan to have sex in a Furry costume?
125. Do you prefer zoot sex? Why or Why not?
126. Do fur suits or thoughts of wearing them increase your sex drive?
127. Has furriness changed the frequency in which you have sex?

Being Furry

128. When inspecting something/someone for the first time, do you feel
the need to smell it/them?
129. Has your handwriting ever been described as "artistic" or cryptic
by others?
130. Do you wonder if all cartoon artists are Were/Furry?
131. Do you feel most comfortable in public places/restaurants with your
back to the wall (or similar posturing)?
132. Can you identify your animals by the way they smell?
133. Do you scritch yourself/others in public w/o feeling out of place?

134. When did you first discover you felt Furry or had a personal
connection to animals that was different than mundane?
135. When did you first find "Furry" or others in the Furry community?
136. Are there certain times of day when you feel most Furry? The least?
137. Are there certain times of year when you feel the most Furry?
138. Do you get the sense with certain people that they may be Furry but
not know?
139. What gives you this impression?

140. Does certain music or certain songs make you feel more Furry?
Examples?
141. Are there any movies that make you feel Furry?
142. What differences do you think there are between Furries and Weres,
if any?
143. Would you give up Furriness in exchange for something else? (i.e.
mudane for $$$)
144. Do you consider your furriness spiritual?
145. Do you believe in an afterlife?
146. Can you see yourself in an afterlife without animals? With animals?
147. If so, do you think furriness will be part of it?
148. Has your spirituality changed as a result of finding Furry?
Describe.
149. Have your religious beliefs changed as a result of finding Furry?
150. Has your feeling of Furry changed significantly over the past 6
months/year?

150 Q’s
Version 1.02 (August 28, 1998)

Spiritual Furry Lifestyle Survey - The Thervey

Lucius

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
Arden Scentaur wrote:

> Thervey Questions:
>
> Lifestyle Furriness
>
> 1. Do you own any animals? Describe.

While I don't consider it ownership; I do have a cat, a dog, a
chinchilla, three birds, and a fish that live with me.

> 2. Are they treated as equals?

I treat them with respect, but I don't expect them to go out and
get a job or anything. :)

> 3. Do you feel a close, personal connection with them? Describe.

I feel that they are concious beings traveling on the same road
(more or less) as I. The daily routine of caring for them provides me
with a sense of purpose when I've got the blues. It's nice to feel
needed.

> 4. What animals would you like to eventually have?

My parents do have a donkey, I've often wanted to liberate him as
I feel he doesn't always get the care and attention he deserves. I do my
best to see that he is provided for, even if that means occasionaly
paying for things out of my own pocket (which I cannot always afford, but
I do it anyway) I have always wanted to live on a farm, and have perhaps
many donkeys, and even horses.

> 5. Can you read an animals body language or emotions easily?

I like to think that I can. It is important to me to know how
they feel. My cat and my dog express simple wants and needs very
clearly...if Baggeera (my cat) feels he's being ignored, he'll simply sit
on my head..(he weighs 30+lbs!) this usualy gets the message accross.

> 6. Would you become an animal of your choice/totem assuming it was
> permanent? Temporary?

Recent events have caused me to consider this question much more
deeply than ever before. Temporary: certainly. Permanent: that's a
tough one, part of me says "Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead!" and
another is quite aware of the monumental change this would mean. It
requires more thought.

> 7. Would you would become any animal assuming it was permanent?

As stated above, there are times when I would do so. It would
depend on the animal...I don't think being a dung beetle would be over
plesant.

> 8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
> animals?

Like my house? Seriously tho', that dream I had a while back was
exactly that. A safe, secure place full of people in various stages of
transfomation. All provided for by two caring and understanding humans.
If I could be in a place like this, change my answer to question six to:
Yes on both accounts!

> 9. What is your most acute sense?

Some of my senses have been dulled by self-abuse. My vision
never was all that great; my hearing is slightly damaged by a love of
loud music and a dislike for mufflers. Taste and smell are affected by
smoking (but that's only while I am smoking, it returns after a couple of
months) I'd have to say my most acute sense, is that of touch. Perhaps
that's why I like plushies so much...they're so soft and fuzzy.

> 10. Is it stronger or more developed than average?

I have no way of knowing what the average is, but I doubt it.

> 11. Does it fit the characteristics of your totem or Furry species?
> (i.e. sharp reflexes or hearing)

Hmm, well you didn't mention reflexes. My totem should have
exellent hearing, mine's good considering..but not that good. I'm sure
as hell not sure footed.

> 12. Do your physical qualities fit your personal Furry or totem animal?
> Which ones?

I am able to to many hours of hard physical labour, even with
considerable injury. Other than that, I don't really think I have any.

> 13. Do you think your mental qualities fit your personal Furry or totem?

Perhaps in someways. I'm still discovering these.

> 14. Do you read magazines/books on Furry or totemanimals/therianthropy?

Yes. In fact, I plan to learn the trade of ferrying (sp?) and
perhaps eventualy some vetrinary care.

> 15. Do you express your Furriness creatively through art, writing,
> music?

I'm not much of an artist, but I'm working on some fursuits. I
have written a few furry stories, and perhaps what might be cosidered
furry poetry.

> 16. Do you wear clothes that have a Furry theme?

My favorite shirt is my Eeyore shirt.

> 17. Do you like to walk around in your living space without clothes?

Yes.

> 18. Are you a barefoot lifestylist?

*Lucius looks at his clod stopers in the corner* Heh, nope.

> 19. Do you often find yourself sitting/lying in unusual positions?

I'm fairly flexable for someone of my size....when my knees
aren't broken.

> 20. Do you sleep like an animal in a little ball or fetal position?

On my side usualy, not nescassaraly curled up.

> 21. Do you prefer not to wear any kind of artificial scent, perfume?

I prefur to wear a musk.

> 22. Do you own or plan to own a fursuit?

I own some furry gear, and plan to own more soon.

> 23. Would you sleep in your fursuit?

I have.

> 24. Are there any tasks or sequences in wearing a fursuit that you
> especially like? Dislike?

I can't really think of any I dislike, other than perhaps the
heat. I can think of _plenty_ that I like.

> 25. Do you consider any of them to be ritualistic in any way? If so,
> describe?

Interesting question. I suppose I do. It's hard to describe,
but certain activities in fursuit bring me very close to a complete sense
of satisfaction. I feeling of freedom that I cannot describe.

> 26. Do you feel compelled to fursuit on a regular basis? How many times
> per month?

Yes. Probably about 30 or more.

> 27. What qualities in a fursuit do you find most attractive?

I like them be as realistic as possible.

> 28. Would you wear a tail or fursuit always if given the chance
> (work/school) to do so?

I suppose, if I thought I could get away with it.

> 29. How would you react if your friends and family shunned you after
> telling them of your furriness?

I would be hurt, but this is nothing new. I would simply pick up
my tail and find a new place to be.

> 30. Is furriness an important quality to you in a human mate?

From experience: Yes. I belive my wife _played_ along with it,
because it was something new. I think she hoped that I would simply grow
out of it. Without a base of understanding, it appears only to be a
fetish.

> 31. Do you think both partners need to be Furry for a (human)
> relationship to work?

Perhaps is the non-furry was more concerned for the needs and
feelings of the furry, and vica versa...it might work. If both partners
are putting the same one first, it won't work.

> 32. If you have/want children, is being Furry something you would
> encourage in them?

I can't really answer this one at this time.

> Totem Animals:
>
> 33. Do you have a totem animal?

Yes.

> 34. If not, are you currently searching for your totem?
> 35. What benefits do you believe a totem gives you?

When I look around at the maddness in this crazy mixed up human
world, I can look within myself and say, "I'm not like you, I'm
something more."

> 36. How did you first become aware of your totem?

I belive it started with dreams when I was around 11.

> 37. Describe the events that lead up to the discovery?

Just dreams. Same ones over and over again.

> 38. What role does your totem play in your furriness?

It is who I am.

> 39. Were you aware of your totem before you realized you were Furry?

Yes.

> 40. Did your totem give you it’s name, did it came to you naturally, or
> did you choose one?

Do you mean a proper name? I don't see my totem as something
seperate from myself. We share the same name.

> 41. Do you know the species of your totem, or is it hidden?
> 42. Is your totem the same phenotype as your Furry self?

Yes.

> 43. Is your totem a mythological animal?

No.

> 44. Does your mythological totem have characteristics unique to it?
> 45. Do you think that your behaviors and feelings mirror that of your
> totem animal?

Perhaps in some ways.

> 46. Is your totem nocturnal? Diurnal?
> 47. Are these times of day compatible with you?
> 48. How often are you aware of your totem?

Always.

> 49. Has your totem ever left you for an extended period?

Not that I can tell.

> 50. If so, how did you feel?
> 51. Did you have any fears of it’s disappearance?
> 52. Do you have any statues/figures that symbolize your totem animal?

Yes.

> 53. Do you collect books/articles/videos on your totem?

Yes.

> 54. What rituals do you practice when thinking of/with your totem? (i.e.
> quiet times)

I guess fursuiting is one.

> 55. Do you have any fetishes associated with your totem?

*blush* Yes, I suppose I do.

> 56. During what times/situations do you become most aware of your totem?

During the tough times especialy.

> 57. Do you recognize items related to your totem wherever you go?

I can spot them a mile away.

> 58. When influenced by your totem, do you feel the need to create/make
> things (art/sculpture etc.)?

Yes.

> 59. Do you have special places where you search for/be with your totem?

Yes. I have many special places.

> 60. Are these primarily in nature settings? Away from non-furries?

Yes, they are away from everything.

> 61. Does the presence of animals help bring out your totem?

Sometimes.

> 62. What emotions do you experience when your totem is present
> (fear/happiness/curiosity etc.)?

Simplicity of thought. Contentment with my place in the
universe. A craving for oats.

> 63. Describe the presence of your totem?

Hmm, not sure how to do that one.

> 64. Would you still have a totem if you weren't Furry? (gasp!)

I think so. I think when it first came to me, it was like a
seperate entity. I suppose when I incorparated it into myself, I became
furry.

> 65. Do you feel the most Furry when your totem is present?

It's always there, so I always feel furry.

> 66. When is it’s presence the strongest? The weakest?

It's strongest during moments of physical pleasure, weakest
during moments of mental concentration...i.e. working on a live
television chasis.

> 67. Does your totem increase your sexual drive/intuitive sense or
> emotions?

Yes to both.

> 68. Do you believe/practice any traditional shamanic principles?

Kinda sorta.

> 69. Do you often dream Furry or of your totem animal?

Not often enough, but I have had many.

> 70. Would you like to dream Furry more often, even if they weren’t
> positive?

I don't think I'd really like a negative furry dream. I'd sooner
keep the negative ones mundane.

> 71. What do Furry dreams mean to you?

Depends on the dream. Some are visions of an ideal world.

> 72. Do visualisation techniques play a part in your totemic games/acts?

Yes.

> 73. If so, how do these techniques enhance the relationship with your
> totem?

When I concentrate, and feel that astral body connecting to my
physical one, the ties that bind the two become stronger.

> 74. Does your totem guide your decision making?
> 75. Do you ask your totem questions or advice?
> 76. When confronted with a complex situation, do you often think about
> what your totem animal would do?

I don't see it as seperate anymore, so these questions are no
for me.

> 77. Is your totem always present at some level?

Yes, we are one.

> 78. Do you think your totem has helped develop your intuitive sense?

Not really, I still do stupid things all the time.

> 79. Has your totem has benefited you overall ? How?

I think it has, I feel as though I am more than I appear.

> 80. Has your totem changed your set of personal values and beliefs?

In someways, but that could simply be growing up too.

> 81. Do you have a home/dream territory as part of your totemic or Furry
> beliefs? Describe.

I guess the one I had recently would be the answer to this one.
A place where I could be my true furry self all the time.

> 82. Do you know of RL places that are special in a similar way?

Yes.

> Wereness
>
> 83. Do you consider yourself were in any way?

Yes.

> 84. If so, do you remember the date when you discovered your wereness?

Not the exact date.

> 85. If not, is this something you are investigating?
> 86. Have you ever m-shifted?

Yes.

> 87. Have you ever p-shifted?

I have felt, and even seen in a mirror; physical changes.

> 88. If not, is this something you are seeking to do?
> 89. Have you ever helped another to m-shift? P-shift?

Yes.

> 90. Do any of your dreams have Were themes?

Yes.

> 91. Do you dream of being hunted or being a hunter?

No.

> 92. Do your m-shifts occur mostly in your dreams or when awake?
> 93. Would you prefer that they occur while awake or when dreaming?

I would say the m-shifts happen mostly while awake, during
dreaming; m-shifts always lead to p-shifts.

> 94. Do you practice techniques to help you m-shift? P-shift?

Yes.

> 95. Do your shifts come randomly, or can you induce them?

So far, they are only induced.

> 96. Are you generally territorial (i.e. mark/label your personal spaces
> possessions)?

No.

> 97. Have you experienced or found personal ley-lines?
> 98. Does hair on the back of your neck stands up when you get excited,
> scared, or see/hear something you like?

Yes. Music often affects me like that.

> 99. Have you ever experienced communication with another animal by
> instinctual understanding?

Yes.

> 100. Do you inexplicably feel the need to go out at night (walk etc.)?
> 101. Do your senses sharpen at night (hearing/smell etc.)?

No to both.

> 102. Do you recognize people by the sound of their movements?

Sometimes.

> 103. Are there times when you feel closer to animals than to humans?

Most of the time.

> 104. Do you believe that your true nature is animal (i.e. animal spirit
> in human form?)

Yes!

> 105. Do you consider yourself psychic or having more than 5 senses at
> certain times?

I'm not really sure. I've had and documented several disaster
dreams, which have come true. Although, I also once dreamt that I won
the lottery...I remembered the numbers, bought the ticket...nothing.

> 106. Do you consider wereness spiritual?

In some ways.

> Plushies
>
> 107. Do you own any plushies. If so, how many?
> 108. What things are important in finding the right plushie (size, feel,
> look etc.)?
> 109. Do you favor one species of plushie over others?
> 110. Are there certain types/sizes of plushies that you prefer over
> others?
> 111. Do you have any anatomically correct plushies for sexual purposes?
> 112. Do you think plushies represent your furry self in any way?
> Describe.
> 113. Do they act as a symbol or focus for your totem?
> 114. Do your plushies have a universal, genderless quality about them,
> or do they have a specific sexuality?
> 115. Do you believe that certain plushies have a definite character or
> spirituality about them?
> 116. Describe your ultimate plushie.

All these were answered in the last one.

> Furry Sexuality
>
> 117. Do you have any Furry sexual fetishes?

Yes. Fursuits and pony gear.

> 118. Has becoming Furry changed your perceptions of your own sexuality?

Discovering other furrys has changed my perceptions.

> 119. Does feeling Furry change your level of yiffiness/sexual arousal?

Yes. It increases.

> 120. Do you fantasize about animals during masturbation?

Sometimes.

> 121. When having sex with others?

Sometimes.

> 122. Do you make any kind of animal noises during sex?

*ahem* Yes, one rather embarrasing incident comes to mind.

> 123. Have you ever had sex in the wilderness?

Yes.

> 124. Have you had or plan to have sex in a Furry costume?

I have had.

> 125. Do you prefer zoot sex? Why or Why not?

I do prefer it. It seems to lower all my inhibitions, and I am
able to truly enjoy the act in it's purest, simplest form.

> 126. Do fur suits or thoughts of wearing them increase your sex drive?

Yes.

> 127. Has furriness changed the frequency in which you have sex?

Hmm, recently yes.

> Being Furry
>
> 128. When inspecting something/someone for the first time, do you feel
> the need to smell it/them?

Occasionaly.

> 129. Has your handwriting ever been described as "artistic" or cryptic
> by others?

No, just messy.

> 130. Do you wonder if all cartoon artists are Were/Furry?

I do wonder about that sometimes.

> 131. Do you feel most comfortable in public places/restaurants with your
> back to the wall (or similar posturing)?

Yes.

> 132. Can you identify your animals by the way they smell?

Yes.

> 133. Do you scritch yourself/others in public w/o feeling out of place?

I'm getting used to it.

> 134. When did you first discover you felt Furry or had a personal
> connection to animals that was different than mundane?

When I was about 11.

> 135. When did you first find "Furry" or others in the Furry community?

Last January I belive.

> 136. Are there certain times of day when you feel most Furry? The least?
> 137. Are there certain times of year when you feel the most Furry?

answered previously.

> 138. Do you get the sense with certain people that they may be Furry but
> not know?

Sometimes.

> 139. What gives you this impression?

Hard to say, just overall feelings.

> 140. Does certain music or certain songs make you feel more Furry?
> Examples?

Certain music does, but it depends on the moment.

> 141. Are there any movies that make you feel Furry?

Yes, but again it depends.

> 142. What differences do you think there are between Furries and Weres,
> if any?

That depends on the individual in question.

> 143. Would you give up Furriness in exchange for something else? (i.e.
> mudane for $$$)

Money can't buy me love. I love being who and what I am.

> 144. Do you consider your furriness spiritual?

Yes.

> 145. Do you believe in an afterlife?

Yes.

> 146. Can you see yourself in an afterlife without animals? With animals?

With.

> 147. If so, do you think furriness will be part of it?

I sure hope so.

> 148. Has your spirituality changed as a result of finding Furry?
> Describe.

Somewhat. It has allowed me to belive that my dreams can become
reality.

> 149. Have your religious beliefs changed as a result of finding Furry?

Not really.

> 150. Has your feeling of Furry changed significantly over the past 6
> months/year?

My recent divorce has really changed how I feel about it. I am
what I am, and I cannot change that, nor do I want to.

*whew*

Lucius

Majik Fox

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

Lucius wrote in message <35E9A4...@hurontel.on.ca>...

>Arden Scentaur wrote:
>>
>> Thervey Questions:
>>
>> Lifestyle Furriness
>>
>> 1. Do you own any animals? Describe.

One raccoon, name: Eddie Coon. ;o)

>> 2. Are they treated as equals?

Not really, but then, I'm not a very fair fox.

>> 3. Do you feel a close, personal connection with them? Describe.

Maybe I should reconsider my answer the the previous questions. No, I don't
own any animals.

>> 4. What animals would you like to eventually have?

A red fox would be nice. A vixen morph would be finer. =)

>> 5. Can you read an animals body language or emotions easily?

Animal expressions aren't hard to read for me, but I can understand how a
lot of 'people' would find it hard. Felines are fun to exchange feelings
with because they are very expressive physically. They can reflect their
feelings with gracious body movements.

>> 6. Would you become an animal of your choice/totem assuming it was
>> permanent? Temporary?

Temporarily, perhaps. However, reality changes so fast, could anyone ever
gurantee you'd return to your previous state?

>> 7. Would you would become any animal assuming it was permanent?

> As stated above, there are times when I would do so. It would
>depend on the animal...I don't think being a dung beetle would be over
>plesant.

Given the chance to be a 'real' fox, as others consider it, no. I imagine
anyone you ask would say "Majik would deffinately take the opportunity!"
But no. I'm real to me, and that's all that matters, even if no one else
can see it.

>> 8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
>> animals?

I read a series of books about a human named Jonathan Thomas Meriwether who
got trapped in a world of furries, and spent most of the series trying to
get back to his home world. I recall thinking to myself, "Is this guy
nuts?!"

>> 9. What is your most acute sense?

My most acute sense is my sense of self. Knowing what is good for me and
how to adapt to my environment are paramount in this world.

>> 10. Is it stronger or more developed than average?

Deffinately. A majority of people live in the world around them. I live on
it. What I mean is... (thinking) ...I have a feeling for how things react
to me.

>> 11. Does it fit the characteristics of your totem or Furry species?
>> (i.e. sharp reflexes or hearing)

Foxes are some of the most adaptable mamals I know of. Their perception of
emotion and thought patterns match mine in many aspects.

>> 12. Do your physical qualities fit your personal Furry or totem animal?
>> Which ones?

Size is one aspect I feel fits. In comparison of myself to other furries,
it seems relative. I've been told I have some facial charectoristics of a
vulpine, but I don't perceive that as others see me. As far as I can tell,
I'm about as foxy as they come. *tailswish*

>> 13. Do you think your mental qualities fit your personal Furry or totem?

There are many aspects of my psyche that can be likened to that of a fox.
When trouble strikes, relocate. If food runs short, improvise. When it
gets cold, stay warm. Don't get wet unless you need to. Don't be a social
moron. Don't harass porcupines or anger skunks. Keep your tail down.

>> 14. Do you read magazines/books on Furry or totemanimals/therianthropy?

I read a newsgroup called alt.lifestyle.furry sometimes when there's nothing
happening on yiffnet. I like to get most of my info from other furries,
though sometimes I turn to other forms of media. It's hard to derive
acurate information from the misrepresentative drivel humans slate as
documentation.

>> 15. Do you express your Furriness creatively through art, writing,
>> music?

Occasionally when I feel overwhelmed with inspiration, I draw. But it's
easier to simply fantasize

>> 16. Do you wear clothes that have a Furry theme?

I have a HUGE collection of T-shirts. Some of them are furry. I have a
Mephit 97 T-shirt, a 'Furtual Reality" T, and one with a Doug Winger pic on
it. Perhaps the reason I have lots of T-shirts is that most other types of
clothing chafe my fur.

>> 17. Do you like to walk around in your living space without clothes?

Sometimes I go 'round without my T-shirt on!

>> 18. Are you a barefoot lifestylist?

Usually I wear sandals (adidas) and black socks because they are socially
acceptable. I have a pair of sneakers that are Reebok, that are the same
style that I have seen at least three other furs wearing. Is that queer, or
what? I wonder if there's something more to it...

>> 19. Do you often find yourself sitting/lying in unusual positions?

Does this bear any relevance to anything furry? I don't know anyone who
hasn't, on occasion, awakened to find theirself in an odd position.

>> 20. Do you sleep like an animal in a little ball or fetal position?

I usually lie on my side with my front paws outstretched in front of my and
my feet extended downward. I'm not sure this question applies to me because
it says "like an animal," as though it were implying I'm something other
than an animal.

>> 21. Do you prefer not to wear any kind of artificial scent, perfume?

Cologne, I am usually not fond of. I like Stetson, kinda. My favourite
scents, however, are vanilla, cinnamon and peach. Sometimes I put extracts
of some of those in my fur, in small quantities, to enhance my scent.

>> 22. Do you own or plan to own a fursuit?

The primary reason I don't own a fursuit is that it could probably never be
real enough for me. The secondary is the cost. I am a very
ain't-got-no-money fox.

>> 23. Would you sleep in your fursuit?

No, but sometimes I sleep with clothes on.

>> 24. Are there any tasks or sequences in wearing a fursuit that you
>> especially like? Dislike?

The vision restriction, the heat, the vulnerability to camera flash and
other dangers I dislike. The attention I would love.

>> 25. Do you consider any of them to be ritualistic in any way? If so,
>> describe?

Erh..no. Can we talk about something else? This is making me feel
uncomfortable...

>> 26. Do you feel compelled to fursuit on a regular basis? How many times
>> per month?

Hello..?

>> 27. What qualities in a fursuit do you find most attractive?

>> 28. Would you wear a tail or fursuit always if given the chance
>> (work/school) to do so?

Ah, here we go. I'm getting a set of ears that I plan to wear most of the
time. That is, if they're not tacky. I haven't seen them yet.

>> 29. How would you react if your friends and family shunned you after
>> telling them of your furriness?

I think I would dodge conversations about it and skirt around questions
involving my furiness. But my parents are okay with it, and so are my
mate's.

>> 30. Is furriness an important quality to you in a human mate?

Yeah, I guess..I don't think I'd really want a human mate. That'd be
so..icky.

>> 31. Do you think both partners need to be Furry for a (human)
>> relationship to work?

I've seen a few relationships end because a furry didn't feel his/her
non-furry companion was compatible once they discovered their furiness. I
think it is very important that a furry's mate also be furry.

>> 32. If you have/want children, is being Furry something you would
>> encourage in them?

I think I will place myself as a human until the end of this survey..it
seems to be aimed at them. Yes, I would encourage furiness. But
considering my disposition, I don't see myself having ki..uh..children any
time soon.

>> Totem Animals:
>>
>> 33. Do you have a totem animal?

I have a suite of canine totems. Fox, wolf, coyote.

>> 34. If not, are you currently searching for your totem?

I don't beleive I can find a totem. I think they find me.

>> 35. What benefits do you believe a totem gives you?

Protection, companionship, self-assuredness, identity, pizza. Just joking
about the later.

>> 36. How did you first become aware of your totem?

I became aware of my totem some time after realizing my furiness. There was
a period durring which several animal types, for some reason, were
struggling over who got to be my totem. They seem to have conveined,
deciding to share my attentions.

>> 37. Describe the events that lead up to the discovery?

It began with a furious burst of inspiration, which lead me to write a book
and numerous poems, take long walks, sing a lot, and listen to music while
staring in a pondering gaze. Then I started having dreams and waking
visions. I was aproached as though the totems were saying "We're gonna hang
with you fur a while, kay?"

>> 38. What role does your totem play in your furriness?

My totems help me to identify with lotsa kinds of furries! They also make
me feel safe when I'm alone at night.

>> 39. Were you aware of your totem before you realized you were Furry?

I didn't realize the impact my totems would have on me until last year.

>> 40. Did your totem give you it’s name, did it came to you naturally, or
>> did you choose one?

My totems do not have names that I am aware of. I don't identify them
primarily by names or by site, but rather by the feelings they give me.

>> 41. Do you know the species of your totem, or is it hidden?

I know the species of some of them. Fox, wolf and coyote I know for
certain.

>> 42. Is your totem the same phenotype as your Furry self?

One of them is. Occasionally fox comes to me in the form of a vixen, who
has gained the name "Shelly."

>> 43. Is your totem a mythological animal?

Is anything really mythological?

>> 44. Does your mythological totem have characteristics unique to it?

I don't know if otherfurs' totems have quite the same wit as mine. I think
I attract sarcasm.

>> 45. Do you think that your behaviors and feelings mirror that of your
>> totem animal?

Yes, most deffinately! They are my idols, so I try to mimic their ways.

>> 46. Is your totem nocturnal? Diurnal?

Fox keeps me awake whenever he feels like it, wolf is more nocturnal, and
coyote is awake whenever there's no work to be done. --grin--

>> 47. Are these times of day compatible with you?

I'm quite adaptable in sleeping schedule.

>> 48. How often are you aware of your totem?

I am most aware and consiously in contact with them when I am sleeping.
When I'm awake, reality is so loud it's hard to perceive them at times.

>> 49. Has your totem ever left you for an extended period?

They don't leave me much. I imagine they get tired of my whining and come
back because of that.

>> 50. If so, how did you feel?

>> 51. Did you have any fears of it’s disappearance?

I thought the above two questions were dragging on a bit.

>> 52. Do you have any statues/figures that symbolize your totem animal?

Plushies! And a little foxy statuette. I like to look at pictures of
foxies and canines on the 'net, but I usually don't save them.

>> 53. Do you collect books/articles/videos on your totem?

I usually don't collect books and such, because I'd want to take them with
me when I relocated.

>> 54. What rituals do you practice when thinking of/with your totem? (i.e.
>> quiet times)

I sometimes try to "step sideways," which is a pretty groovey experience.
Other than that, I like to chill out and meditate.

>> 55. Do you have any fetishes associated with your totem?

I would like to have a small token that represents the fox, but I haven't
encountered one yet that fits my specifications. Something like a talisman,
perhaps.

>> 56. During what times/situations do you become most aware of your totem?

The times I feel most int ouch with them are when I am alone, or when I am
inspired.

>> 57. Do you recognize items related to your totem wherever you go?

Yes, they jump out at me. Especially words in text. I can spot the word
"fox" in rapidly scrolling text, and in jumbles of other stuff, for example.

>> 58. When influenced by your totem, do you feel the need to create/make
>> things (art/sculpture etc.)?

Occasionally I feel the need to sing, or maybe howl. At times I write
poetry, which usually dissapears in the flurry of change that consumes me.

>> 59. Do you have special places where you search for/be with your totem?

Where ever I live, if I am there long enough, I find a quiet stretch of road
or a nice path that I trace when I feel the need to connect, or be alone
with them.

>> 60. Are these primarily in nature settings? Away from non-furries?

Usually I go to get away from every living thing. I usually don't see
animals in the wild, so when I go away from humans and furries, I don't see
anything but trees and other plants.

>> 61. Does the presence of animals help bring out your totem?

More lust than anything.

>> 62. What emotions do you experience when your totem is present
>> (fear/happiness/curiosity etc.)?

I sure hope I don't experience any extreem ones, because they usually don't
go away. Unless you mean animals in their form. In that case, I feel a
storm of awe, excitement, curiosity and other strong emotions.

>> 63. Describe the presence of your totem?

An internal as well as external aura.

>> 64. Would you still have a totem if you weren't Furry? (gasp!)

I'd probably be into new-age spirituality and such, so probably.

>> 65. Do you feel the most Furry when your totem is present?

Yeah, I feel pretty furry then. *glances about and rolls eyes*

>> 66. When is it’s presence the strongest? The weakest?

It's the strongest when I'm sleeping, and weaker when I'm concentrating on a
specific task, especially one I don't like.

>> 67. Does your totem increase your sexual drive/intuitive sense or
>> emotions?

Oh, yeah baby. *chuckles*
But seriously, my tokens aren't exactly yiffy. I kinda think you should
have afforded the intuition part another question.

>> 68. Do you believe/practice any traditional shamanic principles?

What's shamanic mean?

>> 69. Do you often dream Furry or of your totem animal?

I don't dream of my totems often, but they are with me in my sleep.

Maybe I'll answer the rest later. It seems to be dragging on a bit. BTW, I
took this survey from another fur's post. I may have mistakenly left some
of his responses in, but if I did they are proceeded by >.

*-//\/\ajik /=ox foxm...@tulsa.crosswinds.net
18.5.1.3.8.9.13.7 15.21.20 6.15.18 8.21.13.1.14
6.1.9.20.8 9.19 1 10.15.21.18.14.5.25 9 10.21.19.20
4.15.14.20 8.1.22.5 1 13.1.16 6.15.18

Arden Scentaur

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
Arden wrote:

Lucius wrote:

> > 5. Can you read an animals body language or emotions easily?
>

> My cat and my dog express simple wants and needs very
> clearly...if Baggeera (my cat) feels he's being ignored, he'll simply sit
> on my head..(he weighs 30+lbs!) this usualy gets the message accross.

30+ pounds? Are you sure your cat isn't part lion or something? ;)

> > 8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
> > animals?
>
> Like my house? Seriously tho', that dream I had a while back was
> exactly that. A safe, secure place full of people in various stages of
> transfomation. All provided for by two caring and understanding humans.
> If I could be in a place like this, change my answer to question six to:
> Yes on both accounts!

> > 12. Do your physical qualities fit your personal Furry or totem animal?
> > Which ones?

> I am able to to many hours of hard physical labour, even with
> considerable injury. Other than that, I don't really think I have any.

Like a donkey maybe? Vets say that cross breeds *do* have higher than
average stamina.

> > 23. Would you sleep in your fursuit?
>
> I have.

Lucky Furry. *drool*

> > 25. Do you consider any of them to be ritualistic in any way? If so,
> > describe?
>
> Interesting question. I suppose I do. It's hard to describe,
> but certain activities in fursuit bring me very close to a complete sense
> of satisfaction. I feeling of freedom that I cannot describe.

That's an neat way of looking at it, Lucius. It'll be fun to see what
other Furs say here. Most zooters have mentioned in other places that
taking off and putting on the head in front of the mirror is very
exciting. Tough one to explain, apparently. Wish I knew.

> > 26. Do you feel compelled to fursuit on a regular basis? How many times
> > per month?
>
> Yes. Probably about 30 or more.

Every day? Wow!

> > 30. Is furriness an important quality to you in a human mate?
>
> From experience: Yes. I belive my wife _played_ along with it,
> because it was something new. I think she hoped that I would simply grow
> out of it. Without a base of understanding, it appears only to be a
> fetish.

It disturbs me to hear another Fur go through that "Furry is a just a
fetish, you'll snap out of it" conversation with unFurries. And I admit,
up until recently some (small) part of me has been pressured to snap
myself out of Furry. Nothing worked, naturally. Good thing! :)

> > 54. What rituals do you practice when thinking of/with your totem? (i.e.
> > quiet times)
>
> I guess fursuiting is one.

Nice :)

> > 87. Have you ever p-shifted?
>
> I have felt, and even seen in a mirror; physical changes.

Wow, would love to hear about these! Some Furs consider the conscious
control of pupil size a form of p shifting. Of course, being Furry you
would want more than that.

> > 105. Do you consider yourself psychic or having more than 5 senses at
> > certain times?
>
> I'm not really sure. I've had and documented several disaster
> dreams, which have come true. Although, I also once dreamt that I won
> the lottery...I remembered the numbers, bought the ticket...nothing.

Yup. Just proves them lottery things are rigged. :)

> *whew*

LOL.

-Arden

Skytech

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
Arden Scentaur wrote:

> Thervey Questions:
> Lifestyle Furriness
>
> 1. Do you own any animals? Describe.
No. I couldn't leave them alone while I work, etc.. My mother has a
Springer Spaniel I play with.

> 2. Are they treated as equals?
She's family.

> 3. Do you feel a close, personal connection with them? Describe.
Ditto from 2. We're close as a couple species can be. She loves to be
around me and she, in turn, makes me feel good.

> 4. What animals would you like to eventually have?
I've always wanted a Husky (It's the eyes!) or a big German Shepard I
could roughhouse with. On a higher level of fantasy, a fox, natch!

> 5. Can you read an animals body language or emotions easily?
Oh yes! Very much so! Nearly used that talent for a career in animal
behavior. Still make use of it.

> 6. Would you become an animal of your choice/totem assuming it was
> permanent? Temporary?
As in a plain, natural fox? Frankly, no. I like a long, aware lifespan.

> 7. Would you would become any animal assuming it was permanent?
As #6.

> 8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
> animals?
Yes. I've fantasized about going to an Earth where man never developed
or is still part of nature.

> 9. What is your most acute sense?
Hmm. My sight is sharp. I notice details or movements. I seem to pick up
scents others miss or ignore.

> 10. Is it stronger or more developed than average?
Well, I pass perfectly on sight exams. Not too many smell tests to
compare with. And yes, hearing has tested excellent even with
tinitis(sp?) as long as I can remember.

> 11. Does it fit the characteristics of your totem or Furry species?
> (i.e. sharp reflexes or hearing)
Yes, now that you mention it! I do tent to respond to sensory queues and
must tend to look inattentive or preoccupied as I look about.

> 12. Do your physical qualities fit your personal Furry or totem animal?
> Which ones?
I'd say those three qualify for fox.

> 13. Do you think your mental qualities fit your personal Furry or totem?
<A sly grin> Very much so, as others have said.

> 14. Do you read magazines/books on Furry or totem animals/therianthropy?
Yes.

> 15. Do you express your Furriness creatively through art, writing, music?
Many art forms.

> 16. Do you wear clothes that have a Furry theme?
Foxes, foxes, foxes,foxes, baked beans, and foxes.

> 17. Do you like to walk around in your living space without clothes?
<Checks himself now> Thank goodness I locked the front door. Hey, it's
warm!

> 18. Are you a barefoot lifestylist?
Yes! As often as possible in all kinds of weather.

> 19. Do you often find yourself sitting/lying in unusual positions?
Thank goodness this laptop is portable! I usually have that cat pose on
the couch as I type this.

> 20. Do you sleep like an animal in a little ball or fetal position?
Not in this weather but yes when it's colder.

> 21. Do you prefer not to wear any kind of artificial scent, perfume?
No.

> 22. Do you own or plan to own a fursuit?
No

#23-27 not applicable

> 28. Would you wear a tail or fursuit always if given the chance
> (work/school) to do so?

Yeah!

> 29. How would you react if your friends and family shunned you after
> telling them of your furriness?

To hell with them! Luckily they do know and don't shun.

> 30. Is furriness an important quality to you in a human mate?

I'd consiter it an important trait among many.

> 31. Do you think both partners need to be Furry for a (human)
> relationship to work?

From the furry personalities I know, it could only make a relation
better.

> 32. If you have/want children, is being Furry something you would
> encourage in them?

Yes.
> Totem Animals:

I'm not much of a spiritualist so we'll move right along, shall we?

> Wereness

Can't say I'm were. Sky and I are one. It's a matter of P.O.V..

> Plushies
>
> 107. Do you own any plushies. If so, how many?

Yes but to speed things up, see my answers to this section in its
separate form.

> Furry Sexuality

Damn it! Another one that doesn't apply to me! *Very deep sigh* And I
wish it did.

> Being Furry
>
> 128. When inspecting something/someone for the first time, do you feel
> the need to smell it/them?

From afar. Must not violate personal space.

> 129. Has your handwriting ever been described as "artistic" or cryptic
> by others?

No

> 130. Do you wonder if all cartoon artists are Were/Furry?

No. Too many example to the contrary. More power to all.

> 131. Do you feel most comfortable in public places/restaurants with your
> back to the wall (or similar posturing)?

Yes.

> 132. Can you identify your animals by the way they smell?

Yes! And I work around lots.

> 133. Do you scritch yourself/others in public w/o feeling out of place?

Depends where I scritch....

> 134. When did you first discover you felt Furry or had a personal
> connection to animals that was different than mundane?

A loooooong time ago.

> 135. When did you first find "Furry" or others in the Furry community?

Early to mid eighties though it would be much earlier without defining
it as Furry.

> 136. Are there certain times of day when you feel most Furry?The least?

Late at night/Midday.

> 137. Are there certain times of year when you feel the most Furry?

Fall, yeah fall.

> 138. Do you get the sense with certain people that they may be Furry but
> not know?

<Grin> I know what thet don't!

> 139. What gives you this impression?

Manners and actions.

> 140. Does certain music or certain songs make you feel more Furry?
> Examples?

Works by Enya, Lorenna McKennet, and Madonna, in particular but it
varies generally.

> 141. Are there any movies that make you feel Furry?

Yes and there are too many to list.

> 142. What differences do you think there are between Furries and Weres,
> if any?

Weres flux between the human and the animal. Furries synergize the two.

> 143. Would you give up Furriness in exchange for something else? (i.e.
> mudane for $$$)

Just kill me and get it over with!!

> 144. Do you consider your furriness spiritual?

Noooo.

> 145. Do you believe in an afterlife?

Double no.

> 146. Can you see yourself in an afterlife without animals? With animals?

No afterlife. Sorry. Good day!

> 147. If so, do you think furriness will be part of it?

If there was, it better be!

> 148. Has your spirituality changed as a result of finding Furry?
> Describe.

N/A

> 149. Have your religious beliefs changed as a result of finding Furry?

N/A

> 150. Has your feeling of Furry changed significantly over the past 6
> months/year?

I'm well into my furriness and very accostomed to it.
--
La kashigada vulpo
Skytech

^^
<@@>
./

http://www.flash.net/~tsmiar/skytech.html

Ron Orr... & Tirran

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98
Interesting. Somewhat different (and narrower and tighter) focus
that the Furvey <ka-ching!>. P'raps not so good for delurking, as much
personal info is left out of the questions, so it's not very general
purpose. It does touch on some of the questions in the Werecard, but in
greater detail.
This is far better than the original. The questions seem more
balanced, and more to the point.

Two things I'd like to clear up before I post mine.

> 55. Do you have any fetishes associated with your totem?

How do you mean 'fetishes'? Practices? Objects?

> 72. Do visualisation techniques play a part in your totemic games/acts?
>

> 73. If so, how do these techniques enhance the relationship with your
> totem?

No sure what you're getting at here. What do you mean by
'totemic games/acts'?

Tir'

ar...@hotmail.com

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98
Arden Scentaur wrote:
In article <35EB2B69...@ix.netcom.com>,
Skytech <sky...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > 9. What is your most acute sense?
> Hmm. My sight is sharp. I notice details or movements. I seem to pick up
> scents others miss or ignore.

Hehe. Another Scentophile. ;)

> > 16. Do you wear clothes that have a Furry theme?
> Foxes, foxes, foxes,foxes, baked beans, and foxes.

Arf! Roll that beautiful bean footage. Love that doggie.

-Arden

ar...@hotmail.com

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98
Arden wrote:
In article <6scr4h$5gu$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>,
"Majik Fox" <foxm...@nospam.tulsa.crosswinds.net> wrote:

> >> 8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
> >> animals?
>
> I read a series of books about a human named Jonathan Thomas Meriwether who
> got trapped in a world of furries, and spent most of the series trying to
> get back to his home world. I recall thinking to myself, "Is this guy
> nuts?!"

Hmmm. Think I'll have to take the time to visit the bookstore *real* soon.

> >> 14. Do you read magazines/books on Furry or totemanimals/therianthropy?

> >> 17. Do you like to walk around in your living space without clothes?

> Sometimes I go 'round without my T-shirt on!

Tee's have to be the best ;) X-Large size fits all...exposable parts that is!

> >> 57. Do you recognize items related to your totem wherever you go?
>
> Yes, they jump out at me. Especially words in text. I can spot the word
> "fox" in rapidly scrolling text, and in jumbles of other stuff, for example.

Selective cognizance, I think. Isn't it neat how we latch onto Furry words we
like? ;-)

> >> 61. Does the presence of animals help bring out your totem?
>
> More lust than anything.

Hehe. Oooowwww!! Over there, a vixen.

Majik Fox

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98

ar...@hotmail.com wrote in message <6sh7el$pb2$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Arden wrote:

>> I read a series of books about a human named Jonathan Thomas Meriwether
who
>> got trapped in a world of furries, and spent most of the series trying to
>> get back to his home world. I recall thinking to myself, "Is this guy
>> nuts?!"
>
>Hmmm. Think I'll have to take the time to visit the bookstore *real* soon.

The book series was SpellSinger, by Allan Dean Foster. Thought you might
want to know. It's also the name of the first book in the series. The
books are currently out-of-print, but provided in these links are some info
on the storyline, and other info that might help you find these books at the
library or a used book store.

I was going to send this via e-mail, but Crosswinds' mail server seems to
have vanished from this plane.

Spellsinger
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446356476/qid=904689248/sr=1-8/002-4
245864-1990829
Hour of the Gate (Spellsinger Book Two)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446356506/qid=904689248/sr=1-2/002-4
245864-1990829
The Day of the Dissonance (Spellsinger Book 3)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446343633/qid=904689248/sr=1-1/002-4
245864-1990829
The Moment of the Magician (Spellsinger, No 4)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446353485/qid=904689248/sr=1-3/002-4
245864-1990829
Paths of the Perambulator (Spellsinger Series Book 5)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446349569/qid=904689248/sr=1-4/002-4
245864-1990829
Time of the Transference (Spellsinger, No 6)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446300098/qid=904689248/sr=1-7/002-4
245864-1990829
Son of a Spellsinger
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446362573/qid=904689248/sr=1-5/002-4
245864-1990829

Funnytoes

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
In article <6shtla$23k$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>,
foxm...@nospam.tulsa.crosswinds.net (Majik Fox) wrote:

[snip]

Eep, didn't know about this one, and I'd forgotten about the series,
too... (I didn't read it long enough ago to remember it - my memory's
been shot to pieces the last... errr... for some time.)

-- Funnytoes

Rael

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98

Arden Scentaur wrote in message <35E8CA...@hotmailspamless.com>...

>Thervey Questions:
>
>Lifestyle Furriness
>
>1. Do you own any animals? Describe.

An orange tabby cat and a Netherlands dwarf rabbit (black/white)

>2. Are they treated as equals?

I suppose...I don't talk down to them or treat them like objects or
furniture or something. I love them like any other close friend/family
member, if that means
anything.

>3. Do you feel a close, personal connection with them? Describe.

Close in the same way I'd feel close to any other friend/loved one. I don't
really
feel some sort of special "bond" with them by default, though.

>4. What animals would you like to eventually have?

I'd like to get a dog when I have a house (so it has a place to run around
and such). Maybe another rabbit too???

>5. Can you read an animals body language or emotions easily?

Depends...I suppose so, at times.

>6. Would you become an animal of your choice/totem assuming it was
>permanent? Temporary?

Anthropomorphic?, then yes...permanently.

>7. Would you become any animal assuming it was permanent?
Not just _any_ animal, no.

>8. Have you ever thought of being in a place where there are only
>animals?

Well...isn't that the Earth??? :) (well, there's plants and insects and such
too :)
Seriously, not really. I don't believe the grass is truly any greener on
the other side of ANY fence....

>9. What is your most acute sense?

*shrug* Depends on the specific situation. Sometimes I can hear the
faintest sounds...others I can't hear a train going by next to me :)

>10. Is it stronger or more developed than average?
>11. Does it fit the characteristics of your totem or Furry species?

>(I.e. sharp reflexes or hearing)
Since I can't honesty single-out one major heightened trait (that I'm aware
of), I can't really answer these :)
Then again, maybe I have one and don't notice it since I've always had it.
If I didn't know any better/worse, what would I compare it to??

>12. Do your physical qualities fit your personal Furry or totem animal?
>Which ones?

Perhaps. I've rather long legs and such, but don't know how much bearing
that has on anything. My body is built a bit more on the feminine side, so
I suppose that might also apply. *shrug*

>13. Do you think your mental qualities fit your personal Furry or totem?

In ways, I think they may (barring the fact that it may all just be
coincidence). I'm a little on the timid side, and I'm rather weary of
unfamiliar places and people/animals. I'm quiet...like to go about my
business without making too much of a "footprint", if you follow.

>14. Do you read magazines/books on Furry or totem animals/therianthropy?

I've read a few on rabbits themselves, but nothing on therianthropy. I'm
interested in the subject though, and should be looking into it more.
Procrastination is one of my weaknesses :)

>15. Do you express your Furriness creatively through art, writing,
>music?

If fursuiting counts, then yes :)

>16. Do you wear clothes that have a Furry theme?

I have a few t-shirts with some furry artwork on them, but otherwise I don't
believe I do.

>17. Do you like to walk around in your living space without clothes?

*blush* Usually

>18. Are you a barefoot lifestylist?

I'll go barefoot when I can, but wearing shoes isn't a problem for me.

>19. Do you often find yourself sitting/lying in unusual positions?

Yes, but it all depends on what you're considering unusual. Unusual for a
human?? Then perhaps...I can't say honestly. Unusual for a male?? Yes, I
do that quite a bit more than I even realize I suppose, seeing as though I
do catch myself now and again :)

>20. Do you sleep like an animal in a little ball or fetal position?

Sort of curled up I suppose. What happens when I'm asleep, I'm not
sure...I'd have to ask my mate.

>21. Do you prefer not to wear any kind of artificial scent, perfume?

I don't care for them much, so I suppose that's a yes :)

>22. Do you own or plan to own a fursuit?

I'd say so :)

>23. Would you sleep in your fursuit?

Have a few times.

>24. Are there any tasks or sequences in wearing a fursuit that you
>especially like? Dislike?

Well, like anyone I like the final part of putting it all together totally
and standing in front of a mirror to admire my "handiwork", for lack of a
better term. Dislike?? Having to sit still in a chair for 2 hours while
your mate applies make-up to your face :P

>25. Do you consider any of them to be ritualistic in any way? If so,
>describe?

Hmmm....I don't really know specifically....

>26. Do you feel compelled to fursuit on a regular basis? How many times
>per month?

Perhaps *smile* Depending on how much free time I get a month, it can be
anywhere from once or twice a month to 7+ times a week...albeit 99.9% of the
time it's in private.

>27. What qualities in a fursuit do you find most attractive?

Well, I prefer a more realistic look, with correct body proportioning and
such. I suppose I'm a bit partial to "cuter" ones too.

>28. Would you wear a tail or fursuit always if given the chance
>(work/school) to do so?

Most likely :)

>29. How would you react if your friends and family shunned you after
>telling them of your furriness?

I'd definitely be hurt and upset, but I suppose I wouldn't change anything
about myself. If that's the way they feel, then I can't change that. I'll
just spend more time with the people who do understand/support/encourage me
to be myself.

>30. Is furriness an important quality to you in a human mate?

Not really. Though, the ability to be able to accept something like
furriness is a quality I feel is important...if not required, for someone to
be a fur's mate and maintain a successful relationship.

>31. Do you think both partners need to be Furry for a (human)
>relationship to work?

Not for me personally, but everyone is different.

>32. If you have/want children, is being Furry something you would
>encourage in them?

If they're furry, then yes. Mostly, I just want to encourage them to be
_themselves_...whether or not they're furry has little bearing on anything
IMO.

>Totem Animals:
>
>33. Do you have a totem animal?

*nod* The rabbit

>35. What benefits do you believe a totem gives you?

Well, mine shapes my view of my life, myself, and the world around me. The
main benefit is the positive feeling I get from expressing it all to it's
fullest. If it benefits me in specific ways on it's own, then I don't
notice them.

>36. How did you first become aware of your totem?

Well, whenever I'd be daydreaming about myself as a female, that female
would always be a rabbit...and this was LONG before I even had a clue what a
furry was or anything. I'd say that's my first memories of having a
connection to the rabbit.

>37. Describe the events that lead up to the discovery?

Nothing memorable I suppose...just different daydreaming sessions I suppose.

>38. What role does your totem play in your furriness?

It defines it, I suppose. I'm furry because of it....

>39. Were you aware of your totem before you realized you were Furry?

*nod*, As stated above, LONG before :)

>40. Did your totem give you it’s name, did it came to you naturally, or
>did you choose one?

Well, from the moment I heard the name Rael, I felt it was a really pretty
girl's name. When the need arose to "rename" myself, I just had to use it.
What prompted that need, I don't know for sure...

>41. Do you know the species of your totem, or is it hidden?

Oh no, it's quite apparent :)

>42. Is your totem the same phenotype as your Furry self?

Yes

>43. Is your totem a mythological animal?

Not in of itself, no :)

>45. Do you think that your behaviors and feelings mirror that of your
>totem animal?

I think I went through this a bit somewhere above, but I _think_ there's
some things about me that resemble the rabbit's behavior. I suppose anyone
could draw connections to anything if they really want to, so that's why
I'll just say I think...I don't know for certain.

>46. Is your totem nocturnal? Diurnal?

Hmm..I suppose it's more nocturnal, but they roam about during the day too.

>47. Are these times of day compatible with you?

I work nights, and prefer it...whatever that means :)

>48. How often are you aware of your totem?

Ummm...there's times when you're not aware of it??? :)

>49. Has your totem ever left you for an extended period?

During my high school years, it's influence on me hit an all-time low...but
mostly due to things I brought upon myself. It never left...I suppose I
buried the feelings associated with it in fear that I was "mental" or
something of the like.

>50. If so, how did you feel?

Sad, depressed, I had a complete lack of self-esteem and such.....in
general, extremely unhappy.

>51. Did you have any fears of it’s disappearance?

I would say so. I felt that, no matter how strange it was, it was crucial
to my entire existence. That did tend to make the idea of losing it scare
me quite a bit...which is one reason why I quit denying it.

>52. Do you have any statues/figures that symbolize your totem animal?

Quite a few rabbit figurines here and there about the house.

>53. Do you collect books/articles/videos on your totem?

I have a few, but I wouldn't call it a collection :)

>54. What rituals do you practice when thinking of/with your totem? (I.e.
>quiet times)
None specifically. My totem constantly influences the way I think and such,
so I really don't have any specific times I "talk to her".

>55. Do you have any fetishes associated with your totem?

Depends on what definition of fetish you're referring to...because I suppose
both could feasibly apply in general.

>56. During what times/situations do you become most aware of your totem?

Well, when I'm able to express it fully...through myself. At those times, I
think everyone around me is quite aware of it, let alone just myself.

>57. Do you recognize items related to your totem wherever you go?

Usually. I can always seem to be able to find rabbit-related items and
such, without having to really look.

>58. When influenced by your totem, do you feel the need to create/make
>things (art/sculpture etc.)?

Well, I suppose the biggest thing I felt compelled to make "for it" was my
fursuit, but I also do a little writing now and again.

>59. Do you have special places where you search for/be with your totem?

In myself :)

>60. Are these primarily in nature settings? Away from non-furries?

Well, I have an easier time getting close to my fur when I'm not surrounded
by people who would...well, spaz out if any of her started to show...if you
follow :)

>61. Does the presence of animals help bring out your totem?

Not really....nomoreso than the presence and/or lack thereof of people.

>62. What emotions do you experience when your totem is present
>(fear/happiness/curiosity etc.)?

Happiness most of all. The ability to express it all to it's fullest
definitely has a positive effect on me. I suppose my curiosity peaks a
bit
more than usual too.

>63. Describe the presence of your totem?

Well...it's with me all the time, but shows more at certain times than
others. You'd have to see it for yourself to know what I mean :)

>64. Would you still have a totem if you weren't Furry? (gasp!)

I wouldn't be furry without my totem, but I did have my totem before I was
technically "furry", so....whatever that means :)

>65. Do you feel the most Furry when your totem is present?

I'd have to say yes :)

>66. When is it’s presence the strongest? The weakest?

Hmmm..when I'm happy I suppose. For the most part, when I don't inhibit it
at all.
The weakest?? When I'm being an immature, grumpy jerk, for lack of a better
term. That's not her/me at all, and I know better, but....in any event,
that's when I'm probably farthest from "her"

>67. Does your totem increase your sexual drive/intuitive sense or
>emotions?

I'd have to say most definitely....the stronger her influence on me, the
stronger all my emotions get.

>68. Do you believe/practice any traditional shamanic principles?

I believe in just about everything, but can't say I practice them.

>69. Do you often dream Furry or of your totem animal?

Sometimes. Usually I'm an anthro rabbitgirl living in the "everyday" world.
I've never had a "furry-only" dream or anything.

>70. Would you like to dream Furry more often, even if they weren’t
>positive?

*shrug*

>71. What do Furry dreams mean to you?

The one's I have are rather normal, everyday situations. The only thing I
get from them is the reassurance that the way I feel is correct...I like my
life the way it is, I'd just rather be a fur while living it :)

>72. Do visualisation techniques play a part in your totemic games/acts?

Well, it's not hard for me to visualize my totem since it only takes me a
little while to make myself resemble it :)

>73. If so, how do these techniques enhance the relationship with your
>totem?

I suppose it brings me as close to her as I'll ever be..as close as I'll
ever get to really being _myself_ :)

>74. Does your totem guide your decision making?

I suppose...

>75. Do you ask your totem questions or advice?

Well, not directly, but I try to follow that "little voice inside me" when I
make decisions...and I like to think it's her. Who knows really....

>76. When confronted with a complex situation, do you often think about
>what your totem animal would do?

I suppose this goes along with what I said above.

>77. Is your totem always present at some level?

Definitely.

>78. Do you think your totem has helped develop your intuitive sense?

I'd say so...it's helped to strengthen all of my senses and emotions.

>79. Has your totem has benefited you overall ? How?

The realization of it, and the ability to express it therein, has had a
profoundly positive effect on me. Having her be such an integral part of me
really makes me feel good, and the insuing positive outlook on life
definitely benefits me in ways which are far too numerous to list :)

>80. Has your totem changed your set of personal values and beliefs?

Not changed in as much as shapes them I suppose. I've changed some of them
over time, but only because I learned what was right _for me_, as opposed to
what someone else says is right.

>81. Do you have a home/dream territory as part of your totemic or Furry
>beliefs? Describe.
>82. Do you know of RL places that are special in a similar way?

Hmmm......

>Wereness

I'd have to say that this concept, in the definition that I hold on it,
probably doesn't apply to me. In some ways it does, but....I'm afraid that
I'd be answering too many "No"s or "I don't know"s to the questions here,
so....

>Plushies
>
>107. Do you own any plushies. If so, how many?

I'd say at least 30

>108. What things are important in finding the right plushie (size, feel,
>look etc.)?

Nothing specific...I just fall in love with certain ones at random I
suppose.

>109. Do you favor one species of plushie over others?

I have lots of rabbits, but I don't just buy rabbit plushies.

>110. Are there certain types/sizes of plushies that you prefer over
>others?

Not really...though I like more realistic ones that "toony" ones.

>111. Do you have any anatomically correct plushies for sexual purposes?

I have one, but I wouldn't say it's for a sexual purpose (though it's
possible the way it is). It's more of an attempt to add a bit more realism
to one of my plushes.

>112. Do you think plushies represent your furry self in any way?
>Describe.

Well, the rabbit ones do, but only by direct species association :)

>113. Do they act as a symbol or focus for your totem?

Not really.

>114. Do your plushies have a universal, genderless quality about them,
>or do they have a specific sexuality?

A few seem more male or female to me, but for the most part gender is not an
issue with them.

>115. Do you believe that certain plushies have a definite character or
>spirituality about them?

A few ...sort of goes along with what I said above about gender.

>116. Describe your ultimate plushie.

Depends on what mood I'm in at the time really. I have very little
preference in general though.

>Furry Sexuality
>
>117. Do you have any Furry sexual fetishes?

Well, I think the concept of having sex in a fursuit/with someone in one
sounds rather appealing....and if I ever get around to making a suit for my
mate, I let you know if it is :)
I have other sexual fetishes, but none that are furry-related in of
themselves, so I assume they don't apply.

>118. Has becoming Furry changed your perceptions of your own sexuality?

Somewhat. I used to be rather "narrowly focused" when it came to sexuality,
but the realization that my gender/sex seems to be wrong has changed that a
lot, along with the fact that I've found that my needs and desires don't
simply fall under what only one gender could offer.
I've become extremely universal in my thinking towards gender, sex, and
sexuality....and I really have no preferences at all (besides the fact that
I'd rather be a female myself). When it comes to mates and such, I'm more
interested in the person that what gender they are or whathaveyou. I
suppose you could label me bisexual then, but...I'm really nonpreferential I
suppose.

>119. Does feeling Furry change your level of yiffiness/sexual arousal?

Well, at my most extreme level of personal expression (highest level of
furriness), all of my desires and emotions are their strongest. Does that
mean I'm yiffiest then?? I'd have to say yes, but that goes along with lots
of other things too :)

>120. Do you fantasize about animals during masturbation?

Well, I prefer the concept of an anthropomorphic sexual partner over a
"standard" animal one simply because of what I prefer for myself...and as
such that's the main focus of any of my sexual fantasies. In of that, 99%
of my sexual fantasies are centered around a anthro partner. I rarely have
fantasies about humans or standard animals....with some exceptions to that
from time to time.

>121. When having sex with others?

Well...why fantasize about sex while you're actually having it???? *smile*

>122. Do you make any kind of animal noises during sex?

None that I can pick out right now...I figure I might, though :)

>123. Have you ever had sex in the wilderness?

No...but I'd like to try it out, given the chance :)

>124. Have you had or plan to have sex in a Furry costume?

Had, yes...quite a few times

>125. Do you prefer zoot sex? Why or Why not?

I like it because I feel that much closer to who I am as a furson, and as
such I seem to enjoy it all that much more, but I can have just as much fun
without it. It's like an added bonus to an already wonderful experience :)

>126. Do fur suits or thoughts of wearing them increase your sex drive?

I suppose it's a "thing" for me, so it's a concept that excites me. My sex
drive...and the power contained therein, is independent of my "fetishes"
really. It's more connected to how I feel at any given moment. The happier
and more content I am, the stronger it seems to get :)

>127. Has furriness changed the frequency in which you have sex?

Not in of itself.

>Being Furry
>
>128. When inspecting something/someone for the first time, do you feel
>the need to smell it/them?

Sometimes....even to the point of doing it without realizing it...and having
it pointed out to me *blush*

>129. Has your handwriting ever been described as "artistic" or cryptic
>by others?

No...just sloppy *giggle*

>130. Do you wonder if all cartoon artists are Were/Furry?

I assume some must be...as well as some musical artists/actors too.

>131. Do you feel most comfortable in public places/restaurants with your
>back to the wall (or similar posturing)?

Ummm...I feel most comfortable away from public places as a whole :)

>132. Can you identify your animals by the way they smell?

If I paid attention to it, probably...but their appearance is my key
identifying feature, naturally :)

>133. Do you scritch yourself/others in public w/o feeling out of place?

Well, only people I'm close to and feel comfortable with. In that case, I
don't care where I am :)

>134. When did you first discover you felt Furry or had a personal
>connection to animals that was different than mundane?

Didn't we cover this somewhere else??? *giggle*

>135. When did you first find "Furry" or others in the Furry community?

About 4 years ago...stumbled across it on the net.

>136. Are there certain times of day when you feel most Furry? The least?

Not really.

>137. Are there certain times of year when you feel the most Furry?

Not really.

>138. Do you get the sense with certain people that they may be Furry but
>not know?

Sometimes....depending on their actions/reactions to certain things.

>139. What gives you this impression?

See above :)

>140. Does certain music or certain songs make you feel more Furry?
>Examples?

I'd say so. They don't have a specific furry theme to them...it's either a
case of the music itself really getting to me in a positive way, or the
lyrics really vocalize the way I feel and/or see things. Some bands that I
like that consistently write music that I "react" to are Yes, Rush, and
Kansas...to name a few (Yes being my all-time favorite :)

>141. Are there any movies that make you feel Furry?

Hmmm...never gave it much thought...

>142. What differences do you think there are between Furries and Weres,
>if any?

Sort of like getting into a conversation about religion or politics, eh???
:)
I don't know enough about were-ism to make a comment really.

>143. Would you give up Furriness in exchange for something else? (I.e.
>mudane for $$$)
Heh....you're kidding, correct??? :)

>144. Do you consider your furriness spiritual?

I suppose....I conduct myself around a small set of personal beliefs, which
I feel directly stem from my having an animalistic influence within me.

>145. Do you believe in an afterlife?

Well, I hope there's something more for us all beyond this world...but I
don't have any concrete belief as to what it is.

>146. Can you see yourself in an afterlife without animals? With animals?

*shrug*

>147. If so, do you think furriness will be part of it?

Well, if it's not, then there's not much of me left....why exist with 3/4 of
who you are missing???

>148. Has your spirituality changed as a result of finding Furry?
>Describe.

I suppose it's given me a concrete set of beliefs and such. I have my own
beliefs in things like "God", and morality and such, and I know they're
shaped by my being furry. Before that, I didn't have any of my own
beliefs...just a mess of one's that others kept telling me were
correct....that I just couldn't believe in. I guess that defines my
spirituality...sort of.

>149. Have your religious beliefs changed as a result of finding Furry?

I didn't really have any before, so...yes and no :)

>150. Has your feeling of Furry changed significantly over the past 6
>months/year?

Well, it gets stronger and stronger the more I "indulge" it, for lack of a
better term. As such, I've been expressing it more...and more often, over
the past year, so I guess that's a yes :)

Rael

http://home.mci2000.com/~s...@mci2000.com/
"Look upon this life as just a picture you are painting, there is a reason
for this being"
---Jon Anderson (Yes) "That, That is"

Arden Scentaur

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Scentaur wrote:
Rael wrote:

> >Thervey Questions:

> >1. Do you own any animals? Describe.
>
> An orange tabby cat and a Netherlands dwarf rabbit (black/white)
>
> >2. Are they treated as equals?
> I suppose...I don't talk down to them or treat them like objects or
> furniture or something. I love them like any other close friend/family
> member, if that means
> anything.

That's super. You wouln't believe how many people I've come across that
treat their pets like mere possessions.(*Thwack to them*) At least in
this neighborhood.

> >6. Would you become an animal of your choice/totem assuming it was
> >permanent? Temporary?
> Anthropomorphic?, then yes...permanently.

> >11. Does it fit the characteristics of your totem or Furry species?

> >(I.e. sharp reflexes or hearing)
> Since I can't honesty single-out one major heightened trait (that I'm aware
> of), I can't really answer these :)
> Then again, maybe I have one and don't notice it since I've always had it.
> If I didn't know any better/worse, what would I compare it to??

Interesting point. Reminds me of a story of a woman who was able to see
very small things, like the hairs on the leg on an ant, for instance.
She broke the world's record for the number of legible characters a
human could write on the end of a matchstick. Did it when she was 50!
She said she could have easily doubled that amount 20 years previous,
but didn't bother 'cause she thought everybody saw as well as she did!
The only way to know is to compare, I suppose.

> >13. Do you think your mental qualities fit your personal Furry or totem?
> In ways, I think they may (barring the fact that it may all just be
> coincidence). I'm a little on the timid side, and I'm rather weary of
> unfamiliar places and people/animals. I'm quiet...like to go about my
> business without making too much of a "footprint", if you follow.

Sounds bunny like :-)

> >23. Would you sleep in your fursuit?
> Have a few times.

Hehe. A dedicated zootphile. <g>

> >24. Are there any tasks or sequences in wearing a fursuit that you
> >especially like? Dislike?

<snip>

> >Having to sit still in a chair for 2 hours while your mate applies make-up
> >to your face :P

Now I know what Liz Taylor must go through every morning.

> >26. Do you feel compelled to fursuit on a regular basis? How many times
> >per month?
> Perhaps *smile* Depending on how much free time I get a month, it can be
> anywhere from once or twice a month to 7+ times a week...albeit 99.9% of the
> time it's in private.

Woohoo! I hope my schedule is like yours once I get my zoot :)

> >32. If you have/want children, is being Furry something you would
> >encourage in them?
> If they're furry, then yes. Mostly, I just want to encourage them to be
> _themselves_...whether or not they're furry has little bearing on anything
> IMO.

That's exactly the kind of view more people *should* have.

> >38. What role does your totem play in your furriness?
> It defines it, I suppose. I'm furry because of it....

I think many a fur go through a similar process, Rael. Their totemic
beliefs start out very personal and as they develop, become more
inquistitive, until the larger commmunity is finally found ;)

> >39. Were you aware of your totem before you realized you were Furry?
> *nod*, As stated above, LONG before :)

How old do you think you were when you first realized your totem? 5? 10?
15? Earlier? Do you think it was always with you to some degree?

> >41. Do you know the species of your totem, or is it hidden?
> Oh no, it's quite apparent :)

LOL.

> >49. Has your totem ever left you for an extended period?
> During my high school years, it's influence on me hit an all-time low...but
> mostly due to things I brought upon myself. It never left...I suppose I
> buried the feelings associated with it in fear that I was "mental" or
> something of the like.

You mean insane or something similar. *Sigh*. Awareness is so important
here.

> >59. Do you have special places where you search for/be with your totem?
> In myself :)

You saw through that one, didn't you? :)

> >63. Describe the presence of your totem?
> Well...it's with me all the time, but shows more at certain times than
> others. You'd have to see it for yourself to know what I mean :)

Well, we'll just have to see ya' at the next con then. In the fur, if
you please!

> >135. When did you first find "Furry" or others in the Furry community?
> About 4 years ago...stumbled across it on the net.

Has the Web really been around that long now? Heavens...

> >140. Does certain music or certain songs make you feel more Furry?
> >Examples?
> I'd say so. They don't have a specific furry theme to them...it's either a
> case of the music itself really getting to me in a positive way, or the
> lyrics really vocalize the way I feel and/or see things. Some bands that I
> like that consistently write music that I "react" to are Yes, Rush, and
> Kansas...to name a few (Yes being my all-time favorite :)

That's neat. Seems many Furry Folk find the new-wave 80's bands to be
quite inspiring for furry thinking. Kansas' "Dust in the Wind" among
others, gives me furry thoughts tho' the lyrics are
hardly that way. Another fur commented to me about Rush being a "Furry'
kind of band too. You *can* read furiness into their lyrics, as I
believe a recent thread here on alf pointed out.

> >142. What differences do you think there are between Furries and Weres,
> >if any?

Really? Hmm never thought of it like that!

> >143. Would you give up Furriness in exchange for something else? (I.e.
> >mudane for $$$)

> Heh....you're kidding, correct??? :)

Would I kid you, Rael? Of course I would!

> >150. Has your feeling of Furry changed significantly over the past 6
> >months/year?
> Well, it gets stronger and stronger the more I "indulge" it, for lack of a
> better term. As such, I've been expressing it more...and more often, over
> the past year, so I guess that's a yes :)

Nice :)

-Arden

Rael

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98