Nutella?

Galen Wolffit

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
OK, please forgive an ignorant fur for asking an ignorant question, but I
must ask.

What's the big deal about Nutella? I've seen various talk about it here and
elsewhere, and recently saw it next to the deli counter at my local
supermarket, and thought, "Hmm."

So, what gives?

--
Galen Wolffit
FCW[Wolffit]3adrw A-- C->+ D H++ M++++ P? R+ T W Z-

Sci Fox

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Galen Wolffit wrote...

> OK, please forgive an ignorant fur for asking an ignorant question, but I
> must ask.
>
> What's the big deal about Nutella? I've seen various talk about it here
and
> elsewhere, and recently saw it next to the deli counter at my local
> supermarket, and thought, "Hmm."
>
> So, what gives?

Verilly, nutella be the food of the gods...

"I think that I shall never see,
a site fine as nutella, spoon and me.
Wether plain or with milk-ed bones,
the chocolate beast wins hands down."

My most gracious apologies to the noble residents of this newsgroup, it is
with some aprehension I must confess my weakness. My speech unto you all
hath been sullied by the jester talk of X-fm's revered newscaster, who this
day speak'th the days tales in a shakesperian manner. On bended knee I ask
for forgiveness, kind furs.

I take my leave of you now, so that you might disgus my fate.

*bows*

Good day.

Sci Fox

MoonSong01

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Galen Wolffit writes:

>What's the big deal about Nutella? I've seen various talk about it here and
>elsewhere, and recently saw it next to the deli counter at my local
>supermarket, and thought, "Hmm."

Think of peanut butter. Now make it thicker and chocolate-flavored, with some
hazelnut overtones.

If this appeals to you, go back to the supermarket post-haste and pick it up.
If this makes you go "eww", don't bother.

Be warned, though--Nutella is something like 14% fat. I try to have no more
than one teaspoon a day. And damn, that's hard. :d

The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones. I'm not quite
brave enough to bring those into an apartment with no dogs (besides, what if I
don't like 'em?), but I've found that Nilla Wafers work quite well.

Hope that helps. :)

MoonSinger

You can't take the wolf out of me, but you have to take it out of my address to
reach me.

MegaDog the Nettweiler

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
In article <19990506143059...@ngol02.aol.com>, MoonSong01
<moons...@aol.comwolf> scrobe:

>Galen Wolffit writes:
>>What's the big deal about Nutella? I've seen various talk about it here and
>>elsewhere, and recently saw it next to the deli counter at my local
>>supermarket, and thought, "Hmm."
>
>The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones.

It's quite good with Bonios too (are Milk Bones a US-equivalent of
Bonios?)

> I'm not quite
>brave enough to bring those into an apartment with no dogs (besides, what if I
>don't like 'em?), but I've found that Nilla Wafers work quite well.

You can make a rather excellent drink out of it too.

See http://www.canismajor.demon.co.uk/indulge/recipes.htm for details.
--
!Raised Tails! -:MegaDog:-
http://www.canismajor.demon.co.uk/index.html

Batty

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
moons...@aol.comwolf (MoonSong01) wrote:

>Be warned, though--Nutella is something like 14% fat. I try to have no more
>than one teaspoon a day. And damn, that's hard. :d

You need to be introduced to Tim Tams.

Tim Tams?

1- Take an oreo.

2- Double its size and make it rectangular.

3- Replace the cream with thick chocolate cream.

4- Dip the whole thing in very thick chocolate.

5- Do 4 again.

6- Do 4 again.

THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.

batty

<mmmm. Timtam and coffee>

http://www.usn.blaze.net.au/~batty/ |den...@ozemail.com.au
Carrots are good for your eyes, | More Fruitbats
but they hurt when you put them in. | In Literature!
This is serious, Mum.

ba...@ursine.dyndns.org

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
MegaDog the Nettweiler <megadog@canismo^Hajor.da^Hemon.co.uk> wrote:

> It's quite good with Bonios too (are Milk Bones a US-equivalent of
> Bonios?)

Milk Bone = Dog Biscuit.

--
Baloo

ba...@ursine.dyndns.org

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Batty <den...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> You need to be introduced to Tim Tams.

> Tim Tams?

> 1- Take an oreo.

> 2- Double its size and make it rectangular.

> 3- Replace the cream with thick chocolate cream.

> 4- Dip the whole thing in very thick chocolate.

> 5- Do 4 again.

> 6- Do 4 again.

> THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.

Going to a science and tech school, and living in the Sillicon Forest, we
have quite possibly the highest number of Intel engineers (or for the guys
who like to pay homage to thier past, Tektronix) out of any high school in
the country. And most of us are nicely connected internationally,
although mostly to the commonwealths and South Africa. This means high
spending friends (I dont mooch all the time, Im making a rather generous
minimum wage right now (Min wage in Oregon is US$6.50/hr)). They heard of
Tim Tams had had a case of them shipped here. Damn good.

Don't bother with Oreos and milk. Or know that bothering with Oreos and
milk is about as affective as solving an algebra equation by chewing
bubblegum. Tim Tams and Starbucks are one of those things that probably
hadn't crossed your "milk and Oreo" mind. Something that blindsides you
with chocolate goodness around four PM on some idle Tuesday afternoon...
...But trust me on the Tim Tams.

--
Baloo

Batty

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
ba...@ursine.dyndns.org wrote:

>Batty <den...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> You need to be introduced to Tim Tams.

> Tim Tams and Starbucks are one of those things that probably

>hadn't crossed your "milk and Oreo" mind.

<cheers>

> Something that blindsides you
>with chocolate goodness around four PM on some idle Tuesday afternoon...
>...But trust me on the Tim Tams.

I'll bet ANYTHING you know about the Tim Tam Suck. If you don't, you've
probably done it with a coffee and not known the name.

batty

Galen Wolffit

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
MoonSong01 (moons...@aol.comwolf) wrote:
: Think of peanut butter. Now make it thicker and chocolate-flavored, with some
: hazelnut overtones.

: If this appeals to you, go back to the supermarket post-haste and pick it up.
: If this makes you go "eww", don't bother.

*joygasm* >:-]

: Be warned, though--Nutella is something like 14% fat. I try to have no more

: than one teaspoon a day. And damn, that's hard. :d

This particular Wolffit drinks whole milk, and eats rich foods, and is very
healthy.

: The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones. I'm not quite

: brave enough to bring those into an apartment with no dogs (besides, what if I
: don't like 'em?), but I've found that Nilla Wafers work quite well.

*cough* Milk bones, eh? How about Nutella and Jelly sammiches, maybe with
a few slices of Mozarella?

Galen Wolffit

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
: bubblegum. Tim Tams and Starbucks are one of those things that probably

Starbucks? *EWW* They burn their beans.

MoonSong01

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
MegaDog writes:

>>The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones.

>It's quite good with Bonios too (are Milk Bones a US-equivalent of
>Bonios?)

Dunno from Bonios. Milk Bones are a sort of cookie-cracker-biscuit thing
specifically made for dogs. In other words, nonfurs will give you *strange*
looks if they see you eating one.

MoonSong01

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Batty writes:

>THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.

Ack!

(drool)

Want ...

... damn, and my husband's Australian aunt is visiting for the first time in
five years, and probably won't visit *again* for five years. She *did* bring a
bag of Violet Crumbles though. Nice, but not enough chocolate. ;)

MegaDog the Nettweiler

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
In article <19990507114344...@ngol01.aol.com>, MoonSong01
<moons...@aol.comwolf> scrobe:

>MegaDog writes:
>
>>>The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones.
>
>>It's quite good with Bonios too (are Milk Bones a US-equivalent of
>>Bonios?)
>
>Dunno from Bonios. Milk Bones are a sort of cookie-cracker-biscuit thing
>specifically made for dogs. In other words, nonfurs will give you *strange*
>looks if they see you eating one.

Bonios are hard, crunchy canine-biscuits that, as their name implies,
come in the shape of a stereotypical bone.

They are *not* to be confused with "Biscrok", a small, lozenge-shaped
dog-biscuit that comes in four different varieties [the black, charcoaly
ones, taste foul, and the rest are fairly shudder-making too].

--
!Raised Tails! -:MegaDog:-
http://www.canismajor.demon.co.uk/index.html

"Idiot horse found orbiting the moon - Clapton tapes on board say experts"

Skytech

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Forgive the interruption but the subject fit.

I was at Costco yesterday and they had stacks of Nutella. I purchased
one. Being diabetes II, it's not a good idea to indulge *alot*. I'm
saving it for AC99 to share and I'll get my taste then.

Two months....
--
La gvatanta vulpo (The vigilant fox)
Skytech

^^
<@@>
./

http://www.globalfrontiers.com/dingovolf/skytech/draw1.html

Skytech

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Galen Wolffit wrote:

> *cough* Milk bones, eh? How about Nutella and Jelly sammiches, maybe with
> a few slices of Mozarella?

<Sky goes into 'oldtimer' mode.>

Aaaa, ya young whippersnappers! I *my* days, back in the sixties, we
have to rot our teeth on 'fluffernutter' sammiches! The crazy ones
didn't bother with the peanut butter! They usually were on the
crosscountry track team.

This was often washed down with another substance called 'Gorillamilk'.
Came in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, or at least that's what the
gorilla on the radio commercial said.

--
La gvatanta vulpo (The vigilant fox)
Skytech

^^
<@@>
.p

http://www.globalfrontiers.com/dingovolf/skytech/draw1.html

Duncan da Husky

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Galen Wolfitt wrote:
>Starbucks? *EWW* They burn their beans.

Well, I *like* dark roasted beans. As for myself, I just find their coffee to
be relatively flavorless. Oh, and on top of that, "Just say no to corporate
coffee."

-Duncan da Husky, who knows the futility, and has been seduced by more than
one mocha frappucino (I'm so easy!)

Tom Brady dun...@uncia.com http://www.technomancer.com/~duncan
Furry: Duncan da Husky SCA: Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory
"Caution: Inside your own head, opinions may appear
larger than actual size." - Dr. Cat

Smrgol

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Actually Galen, Nutilla and Peanut Butter is a good one to try.

Smrgol

/\ | /\ Life is too important to be taken seriously
{o\/o}
\ / Remove xyzzy in E-Mail
oo (You're at the end of the road again)

Fur Code:
FDD[Kirin]hmu3as A- C- D H+ M- P R T+ W-- Z- Sm- RLCI/CT/AT a++ cmnu++ d+
e++ f-- h* i+ j p- sm-

Richard Chandler - WA Resident

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
In article <7gv00f$vrd$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>, ma...@axsamer.org (Galen Wolffit)
writes:

> : The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones. I'm
> not quite : brave enough to bring those into an apartment with no
> dogs (besides, what if I : don't like 'em?), but I've found that
> Nilla Wafers work quite well.
>
> *cough* Milk bones, eh? How about Nutella and Jelly sammiches,
> maybe with a few slices of Mozarella?

After hearing Uncle Kage's stories of his days in the food testing labs, and
hearing about what they allow to go into food intended for humans, you aren't
going to get me to even THINK about getting near a product intended for animal
food, where the "standards" are not nearly so rigorous. No Milk Bones for me,
thank you.

--
The greatest tragedy is that the same species that achieved space flight,
a cure for polio, and the transistor, is also featured nightly on COPS.

Cerulean

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
Quoth Skytech:

>Aaaa, ya young whippersnappers! I *my* days, back in the sixties, we
>have to rot our teeth on 'fluffernutter' sammiches! The crazy ones
>didn't bother with the peanut butter! They usually were on the
>crosscountry track team.

Hmm, Fluff and Nutella...

--
___vvz /( Cerulean * http://www.cerulean.st/
<__,` Z / ( DC.D/? fs+h++ Gm CB^P a$m++d+++l*g-e!i

Tephra Adularia

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
[Posted and emailed]
den...@ozemail.com.au (Batty) scribbled in the sand:

>Tim Tams?
>1- Take an oreo.
>2- Double its size and make it rectangular.
>3- Replace the cream with thick chocolate cream.
>4- Dip the whole thing in very thick chocolate.
>5- Do 4 again.
>6- Do 4 again.
>THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.
>
>batty

Teph makes piteous starving dragon eyes at batty.

--
Tephra Adularia
Mate of Scholari

To remove the spamblock: replace the X with the 'unlucky' number.

Batty

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
not_a...@address.com (Tim Gadd) wrote:

>And Tim Tams differ from Oreos, IMHO,

I was trying to tink of a 'Merican equivalent.

Batty

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
tep...@sectorX.org (Tephra Adularia) wrote:

>den...@ozemail.com.au (Batty) scribbled in the sand:

>>THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.

>Teph makes piteous starving dragon eyes at batty.

looks like I'll have to pack some for the trip I'll be taking eventually.

Ursus Californicus

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
Tephra Adularia wrote in message <7h0r4m$mn7$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>...
>[Posted and emailed]

>den...@ozemail.com.au (Batty) scribbled in the sand:
>>Tim Tams?
>>1- Take an oreo.
>>2- Double its size and make it rectangular.
>>3- Replace the cream with thick chocolate cream.
>>4- Dip the whole thing in very thick chocolate.
>>5- Do 4 again.
>>6- Do 4 again.
>>THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.

Or, if you are in the southern U.S., it's a "Moon Pie." <Ursus drools at
his memories of moonpies and "Yoohoo" drinks...

I'm wondering if Nutella goes well on a salmon?
Ursus Californicus (Ursus to my friends)

"I support the right to arm bears!"

email: I love yiffing, but you'll have to take it out of my email address to
reach me!

ICQ: 35334602

V1.3:
FUGh6s A- C D++ H+++ M- P++ R+ T+++ W*** Z Sm+++ RLGP a++ cwn++ e++ f++ h++
iw+ j p sm+++

V1.4:
Pecu^f/>Feu B+ !BB C+ E++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ >Sp/Sf T* f++ ma++

(Monotonous, isn't it?)
COMING SOON! My entire DNA sequence!

Atara

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
Richard Chandler - WA Resident wrote:

> After hearing Uncle Kage's stories of his days in the food testing labs, and
> hearing about what they allow to go into food intended for humans, you aren't
> going to get me to even THINK about getting near a product intended for animal
> food, where the "standards" are not nearly so rigorous. No Milk Bones for me,
> thank you.

Well, if people wer really worried about what they were eating, they
would make their own food from scratch. But, as no one has time for that
anymore, we depend on others to safeguard our food for us. And where
trust is given, trust can be destroyed. Oh well.

Besides, I've eaten dandylions, "Rocky Mountain oysters" (bull balls -
slimey), maggot-infested rice (not on purpose - but it didn't taste that
bad... just rather crunchy when it ought not to have been), ants
(crunchy), and grasshoppers (crunchy squishy). By far the most
disguisting thing I've eaten was calamari, but I have since been
informed that it must not have been prepared properly. And yes... I have
heard what goes into dog food. I have also seen humans tasting the food
as paid taste-testers. Sorry, but dog bisquits just seem a little tame.

...forging to new culinary experiences one tastebud at a time.
--
Atara
"I've got a pantheon of animals

Skytech

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
Cerulean wrote:

> Quoth Skytech:
> >Aaaa, ya young whippersnappers! I *my* days, back in the sixties, we
> >have to rot our teeth on 'fluffernutter' sammiches! The crazy ones
> >didn't bother with the peanut butter! They usually were on the
> >crosscountry track team.
>
> Hmm, Fluff and Nutella...

*That* is rocket fuel!

--
La gvatanta vulpo (The vigilant fox)
Skytech

^^
<00>
./

http://www.globalfrontiers.com/dingovolf/skytech/draw1.html

Charlie Luce -- replace nospam with decus to reply

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
In article <19990506143059...@ngol02.aol.com>, MoonSong01 writes...
[...]

>The consensus seems to be that it goes best with Milk Bones. I'm not quite
>brave enough to bring those into an apartment with no dogs (besides, what if I
>don't like 'em?), but I've found that Nilla Wafers work quite well.

Now, would that be a Reore? (inside-out Oreo)

Then you could dunk it into Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee...

Charlie "doesn't drink coffee, actually" Luce

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
On Sat, 08 May 1999 13:14:02 -0400, Atara <at...@raex.com> wrote:
> And yes... I have
>heard what goes into dog food. I have also seen humans tasting the food
>as paid taste-testers. Sorry, but dog bisquits just seem a little tame.

For a long time roo meat whent into dog food. Now its sold on the
shelves.

http://www.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.

D.Jean Cooper

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

<LOL> That sounds -good-, Charlie! But I'd dunk 'em into hot chocolate instead.
(Now I'll have to add Nill Wafers to my grocery list... <G>) -Walk in Balance

Ambergold Wolfeyes
SCA: Lady Aelfreda O'Llyn Ewig
--
D.Jean Cooper
dcooperatinavdotnet

D.Jean Cooper

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

Skytech wrote:

> Forgive the interruption but the subject fit.
>
> I was at Costco yesterday and they had stacks of Nutella. I purchased
> one. Being diabetes II, it's not a good idea to indulge *alot*. I'm
> saving it for AC99 to share and I'll get my taste then.
>
> Two months....

> --
> La gvatanta vulpo (The vigilant fox)
> Skytech

Oooo. <VVVVVV*E*G> Lessee just -how- long it'll take for him to hold
off. Ticktickticktickticktick....... -Walk in Balance

Darien Fox

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99

> I'm wondering if Nutella goes well on a salmon?
Don't go there...

*A fox walks squeemishly off into the moonrise*

Now, mice on the other paw....
--
"Heterosexuals say "our side of the fence is right and your
side is wrong", homosexuals say "your side of the fence wrong

Furcode: FCFw3aA-C-D++H+++M-P+R+++T++++WZSm+++RLATa-C++++nd++eh+++i++p-sm+++
ICQ UIN: 2103558

Visit the WyldSide Broadcasting Network:
http://wyldside.home.ml.org

Darien Fox

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99

> I eat Hormel Spam on a regular basis and _liked_ it! :)
>
> WebKitty

Woohoo! another spam lover! Was begining to think i was the only
netizen that liked the stuff. I find it's like jerky, it's good so
long as you don't think about what's in it.

Skytech

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Darien Fox wrote:

> > I eat Hormel Spam on a regular basis and _liked_ it! :)
> >
> > WebKitty
> >
> Woohoo! another spam lover! Was begining to think i was the only
> netizen that liked the stuff. I find it's like jerky, it's good so
> long as you don't think about what's in it.

I am confident enough in myself to proudly claim I *love* the taste of
spam! Mmmm, a good, spicy mustard and a savory bread do it justice....

<Sky's ears swivel to the sound of the radio set for the local
newsstation. His eyes go wide at what he hears!!>

Aaahh!! Did you hear that?! There's a fungus attacking the cocao crops
and there will be a chocolate shortage in the new millenium!!

IT IS THE APOCALYPSE!!!!

--
La gvatanta vulpo (The vigilant fox)
Skytech

^^
<00>
.O

http://www.globalfrontiers.com/dingovolf/skytech/draw1.html

MoonSong01

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Galen Wolffit writes:

>: Be warned, though--Nutella is something like 14% fat. I try to have no
>more
>: than one teaspoon a day. And damn, that's hard. :d

>This particular Wolffit drinks whole milk, and eats rich foods, and is very
>healthy.

That was me for about 21 years. Then something shifted. Now it's eight years
and fifty pounds later. :P I'm just now coming to terms with the fact that I
have *got* to change my habits ... not for health, but for self-esteem.

MoonSinger

You can't take the wolf out of me, but you have to take it out of my address to
reach me.

MoonSong01

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
MegaDog the Nettweiler writes:

>Bonios are hard, crunchy canine-biscuits that, as their name implies,
>come in the shape of a stereotypical bone.

Yup, that's a Milk Bone, or close enough so's I can't tell without actually
seeing one. (nod)

Galen Wolffit

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Smrgol (Smr...@worldnet.att.netxyzzy) wrote:
: Actually Galen, Nutilla and Peanut Butter is a good one to try.

Nutella, Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Cheeze? NPBJC sammich?

That's too many letters.

hmm. I wonder how Nutella would do as a glaze for chicken...

Tephra Adularia

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
[Posted and emailed]
den...@ozemail.com.au (Batty) scribbled in the sand:
>tep...@sectorX.org (Tephra Adularia) wrote:
>>den...@ozemail.com.au (Batty) scribbled in the sand:
>>>THAT's a Tim Tam. It's an Australian thing.
>>Teph makes piteous starving dragon eyes at batty.
>
>looks like I'll have to pack some for the trip I'll be taking eventually.

*purrrrrrrrs and nuzzles the batbat*

>batty

David Cooke

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Darien Fox (wyld...@mindless.com) wrote:

>> I'm wondering if Nutella goes well on a salmon?
>Don't go there...

Check the rec.food.cooking archives instead for the
recipe for Salmone

*ouch!*

David Cooke.

--
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the