Dateing

1 view

Jashire

Aug 25, 2001, 8:20:42 PM8/25/01
Hay every one got a question for ya. I was at work today just minding my own
business when an idea just came up and slaped me in the muzzle. How rude >.<

Well anyway it said "Hay your furry and single have you ever thought of getting
out there and finding that mate of yours!!"

After thinking about it all day I had to ask...is there a like a dateing
servace for furs? I think that would be a great thing online. Thanks to anyone
that responds ^_^

FFP2amrsw A- C->+ D H++>+++ M P>+++ R+ T++ W Z? Sm+ RLU a20 cn++ d e+ f-->++++
h*>+ i++ j+ p sm-->m+++

((If ya want to e-mail me just take nightcat out ^_^ ))

Mr. Cougar

Aug 25, 2001, 9:30:36 PM8/25/01
>Jashire purred:
/snip/

>After thinking about it all day I had to ask...is there a like a dateing
>servace for furs?

Hmmm, Not a bad Idea at all but *sighs* I'm a cougar and I dont "date".
I court, I mate heavily and I leave *shrugs* sorry, thats how I am.Just a
cougar thats all.
-Cougar-
Watch over me my beloved Briar, Someday we'll be together again
See The real Mr. Cougar: http://cougars-place.LaunchBase.com

no one in particular

Aug 26, 2001, 12:20:14 AM8/26/01

"Jashire" <coug7...@cs.comnightcat> wrote in message
(snip)

> After thinking about it all day I had to ask...is there a like a dateing
> servace for furs? I think that would be a great thing online. Thanks to
anyone
> that responds ^_^
(snip)

Not yet to my knowledge but I threatened to host such a thing soon as I
get my business up and running and a number did a number on my Hotmail box
asking me the furry equivalent of "are we there yet?".
Sooner or later either I or someone else will get around to it.
-Wayd Wolf

David Lazerous

Aug 26, 2001, 12:34:07 AM8/26/01
Don't know if this is the proper place or not, but I run a furry Classifieds
page. It's not a whole lot right now, but I hope to find someone with good
enough HTML skills to make it something great. But for now, if you'd like
to use it, it's at ...

http://members.tripod.com/~Lazerous/index-4.html

for the love of all that's furry, If anyone knows HTML and are willing to
lend their skills to this, please let me know.

David Lazerous
Lone RedFox of the Plains

Justin Sweatt

Aug 26, 2001, 2:42:23 PM8/26/01

I do think that a dating service for furs online would be a very excellent and
positive thing in the community. I think the coolest thing about it would be
that you could find someone with a similiar interest and you wouldn't have to
hide a great thing about your personality. Plus too, since furryness is
something that people in "normal" life don't really understand, it won't be
something that you'll have to explain later on down the line. I have to say
as well that meeting people in bars is almost always a bad thing and sometimes
you have the misfortune of coming into someone's prescence that isn't exacly
of the most open minded persuation. This isn't always the case, but I think
that an online meeting place where you can exchange emails or AIM locals and
talk is a great thing. If you can't talk to your future mate than you really
don't have any need to get together. Granted sometimes silence is golden to
share with your mate, but I still think you should be able to talk each
other's ears off. I met my girlfriend online and she's probably one of the
most beautiful persons I've met. I honestly think it was because we met
online and really talked. I do hope that this idea does come into existence
because I think it would be really great.

Justin the Lion.

OnzaQueen

Aug 26, 2001, 6:54:52 PM8/26/01
David Lazerous's idea is a good one, it just really needs more furrs. I'd do
him a favor and put myself on it, but I'm already taken ;)
As for the original question, I don't know if this is appropriate or not, but I
have come across one or two different online Furry chatting services... for
ADULT furrs. It's meant for TinySex, but I guess that's something you can do,
right?
There is also a clean Furry Database for all ages (http://www.furbase.net/).
It's not a dating service, but it has hundreds of furrs that you can annoy by
asking them out. You can click on any state or province and it gives you a
list of Furrs who live near you.

~ Onza

>~<*>=============================ooo
FFJ4adw/DSm5sA+C-D-H-MPR+++T++WSf++/f-RLUa19c---e+f+h+i+jp+sf#

There is a lot of debate over whether or not jaguars are man-eaters...
That's because we never leave any evidence! Grrrrrrrrrr

Mr. Cougar

Aug 26, 2001, 9:04:31 PM8/26/01
>OnzaQueen

>There is also a clean Furry Database for all ages (http://www.furbase.net/).

*eyes light up* Too cool! I can now find other furs in my own backyard!

There are!! *smiles widely*

Mr_Maigo

Aug 26, 2001, 9:45:42 PM8/26/01
>There is also a clean Furry Database for all ages
(http://www.furbase.net/).
>It's not a dating service, but it has hundreds of furrs that you can annoy
by
>asking them out

wow, 18 out of 20 in phoenix are guys, damn

Painless Black Wolf

Aug 27, 2001, 10:12:33 AM8/27/01
>It's not a dating service, but it has hundreds of furrs that you can annoy by
>asking them out.

*Grinz**Scuffs paws in dirt* So, uh, erm, Onza??? *Silent Wolf Laughter* Just
kiddin'*Ducks thrown objects and lopes*
Painless Wolf

...Here for the Dawn...

F Jo Judy

Aug 27, 2001, 6:12:54 PM8/27/01
Jashire:
A dating line for furs, that's a great idea! I don't think there is
one, because as yet the online communities seem to be pure conversational
enjoyment. But maybe some of us could set one up. What do you think?

Gingercat

Aug 27, 2001, 6:12:58 PM8/27/01

"OnzaQueen" <onza...@aol.com> wrote...

> There is also a clean Furry Database for all ages
(http://www.furbase.net/).
> It's not a dating service, but it has hundreds of furrs that you can annoy
by
> asking them out. You can click on any state or province and it gives you
> list of Furrs who live near you.

Hm. Six in Ottawa (plus one who's listed but actually just moved recently).

Gingercat (I'm sure there are more...)

Jashire

Aug 28, 2001, 12:47:57 PM8/28/01

I think its a great idea. This panther is all for it and it. Now if I just
knew how to make it -_-.

Oh well I'm sure someone could help. I think this would help out a lot of furs.

cat

Aug 28, 2001, 3:08:59 PM8/28/01
On 28 Aug 2001 16:47:57 GMT, coug7...@cs.comnightcat (Jashire)
purred:

>>Jashire:
>> A dating line for furs, that's a great idea! I don't think there is
>>one, because as yet the online communities seem to be pure conversational
>>enjoyment. But maybe some of us could set one up. What do you think?
>
>I think its a great idea. This panther is all for it and it. Now if I just
>knew how to make it -_-.

Well Baloo knows how to program. Perhaps he can make one work.

cat

FlepKitsu

Aug 28, 2001, 10:41:58 PM8/28/01
Justin the Lion says:

>I do think that a dating service for furs online would be a very excellent and
>positive thing in the community. I think the coolest thing about it would be
>that you could find someone with a similiar interest and you wouldn't have to
>hide a great thing about your personality. Plus too, since furryness is
>something that people in "normal" life don't really understand, it won't be
>something that you'll have to explain later on down the line.

I really have to agree.
Though being furry would not be an absolute prerequisite in my book for a date
or a relationship, it would definitely be a huge, HUGE plus :::laughs:::
If such a thing existed, id even be tempted to use it :::giggles::::
Flep Kitsu
"It is an art, what Agonistes achieves."
Clive Barker, Tortured Souls (Six Destinies: The Secret Face of Genesis)

Chris Johnson

Sep 5, 2001, 2:52:54 AM9/5/01
In article <20010827101233...@ng-ba1.news.cs.com>,

*tailswish*

*tailswish*

hmmmmmmmm ;) which way did he go?

Edie

Chris Johnson

Sep 5, 2001, 3:25:12 AM9/5/01
In article <3B8960FE...@earthlink.net>, Justin Sweatt

<swea...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I do think that a dating service for furs online would be a very excellent and
> positive thing in the community. I think the coolest thing about it would be
> that you could find someone with a similiar interest and you wouldn't have to
> hide a great thing about your personality. Plus too, since furryness is
> something that people in "normal" life don't really understand, it won't be
> something that you'll have to explain later on down the line.

Yes- I can say for myself that it is almost unthinkable that I would
date or mate a nonfur. It's a good idea, in my opinion.

> I have to say
> as well that meeting people in bars is almost always a bad thing and sometimes
> you have the misfortune of coming into someone's prescence that isn't exacly
> of the most open minded persuation.

*elegant feline shudder* I know- I had an opportunity at a recent con
(MFM) to go to a gay bar for the first time in my life ('edieplayer' is
male, as they say), but I didn't go. There was certainly some chance for
being whistled at appreciatively etc., but I'd been occasionally seeing
someone who got to drinking heavily and I wanted no more of that, thank
you.

> This isn't always the case, but I think
> that an online meeting place where you can exchange emails or AIM locals and
> talk is a great thing. If you can't talk to your future mate than you really
> don't have any need to get together. Granted sometimes silence is golden to
> share with your mate, but I still think you should be able to talk each
> other's ears off.

It's interesting- there are all sorts of people with all sorts of
needs. My own needs are that I must be able to talk in great depth, about
emotional or personal things or whatever- but much of the time I need
_space_, and some people are not capable of providing that, or sensing
when I need to have it. One looks at TV and movies and media and develops
a sense that real romance is only found through grand, clingy, fawning
attention- which may suit some humans but does not suit this cat one bit,
and I am grateful I never found that.

Years ago, this whole subject caused me much pain. A year ago and a
couple years ago, I was finding some peace through getting used to my
sexuality. A few _days_ ago... well, I don't even really know how it
happened (what on earth started that?) but I met someone at a con (MFM)
who may identify himself if he wishes- an ALFer who's read a lot of my
posts but is a bit quiet... and light conversation grew into very deep
conversation grew into bed-sharing, and in following days I had a question
answered for me- if there was someone who could act like a 'mate' but not
the clingy hollywood stereotype, rather something I could live with, what
would that be like? I found out. It was very much like being with someone
fully aware of your presence but completely at ease and free of the
tendency to cling and be 'all tied up' in you.

*snicker* at least _that way...

So... _very_ interesting. I had been dating a couple, and was mostly
interested in playing mistress to the already mated, simply because I knew
quite well I couldn't handle being anyone's other half- a phrase I use
very intentionally, as I require as much independence as the lonest of
wolves. I don't know what the future holds for me simply because I
wouldn't be so vain as to think I could predict it- but I know that
something is different now, because my sense of what is possible has been
expanded, and although I am still talking to the other people in my life
about what's just occured, my vocabulary has been expanded by one word...

"Mine".

And I may just use it, too- and that is beyond all imagining- and, it
is all because I placed myself in a situation where I was prepared to be
real and open myself to meeting other furs- and I did.

If a furry dating service can help that happen for others, it is worth
any effort.

Edie