Hello

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 5:40:00 AM1/17/06
Hello.......anyone there?

Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
--
Cerian

John Hall

Jan 17, 2006, 5:51:31 AM1/17/06
In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>,

Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes:
>Hello.......anyone there?
>
>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*

Yes, on both counts. :)

Hi! How's things?
--
John Hall

"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 8:22:02 AM1/17/06
In article <+$jy$4FzwM...@jhall.demon.co.uk>, John Hall
<nospam...@jhall.co.uk> writes

>In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>,
> Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes:
>>Hello.......anyone there?
>>
>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>
>Yes, on both counts. :)
>
>Hi! How's things?

Hi John :) I'm fine, Toby's fine, haven't seen anyone from here in way
too long. I'm currently one of the unwashed masses after packing the
job in before Christmas (long story not for posting online for anyone to
see LOL).

How's you?

--
Cerian

Jamie

Jan 17, 2006, 8:47:28 AM1/17/06
In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>Hello.......anyone there?

Hello!

>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*

Just about. How long has it been?

--
Jamie

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 9:12:30 AM1/17/06
In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
<jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
><Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>Hello.......anyone there?
>
>Hello!

Hey Jamie, how's life treating you?

>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>
>Just about. How long has it been?

Too long :(

--
Cerian

Jamie

Jan 17, 2006, 9:52:38 AM1/17/06
In article <ij9dcOAm...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes

>In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
><jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
>>In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
>><Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>>Hello.......anyone there?
>>
>>Hello!
>>
>Hey Jamie, how's life treating you?

Very well thank you. I'm just trying to work out who I can
rob to pay Gordon.

>>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>>
>>Just about. How long has it been?
>>
>Too long :(

Was I married last time? Did I have a daughter?

Now eight months and standing up by any means possible, the
more dangerous and wildly alarming the better.

--
Jamie

Message has been deleted

David Stevenson

Jan 17, 2006, 11:27:44 AM1/17/06
Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote
>Hello.......anyone there?

no.

>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*

no.

did i help?

--
David Stevenson Bridge Cats Railways Logic /\_/\
Wirral, Merseyside, UK Tel 0151 677 7412 ICQ 20039682 =( ^*^ )=

dawn

Jan 17, 2006, 12:11:54 PM1/17/06
Cerian wrote:

>Hello.......anyone there?

/waves
Hello, Cerian

>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*

But of course!

How's things?

--
dawn

Flash Gordon

Jan 17, 2006, 12:40:15 PM1/17/06
Jamie wrote:
> In article <ij9dcOAm...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
> <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>> In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
>> <jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
>>> In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
>>> <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>> Hello!
>>>
>> Hey Jamie, how's life treating you?
>
> Very well thank you. I'm just trying to work out who I can
> rob to pay Gordon.

Whilst I'm happy to receive payment, I'd rather you didn't rob anyone to
pay me.

>>> Just about. How long has it been?
>>>
>> Too long :(
>
> Was I married last time? Did I have a daughter?
>
> Now eight months and standing up by any means possible, the
> more dangerous and wildly alarming the better.

Heh. Yes, that sounds like a toddler :-)
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.

Flash Gordon

Jan 17, 2006, 12:57:55 PM1/17/06
Cerian wrote:

<snip>

> Hi John :) I'm fine, Toby's fine, haven't seen anyone from here in way
> too long.

It has been a while.

> I'm currently one of the unwashed masses after packing the
> job in before Christmas (long story not for posting online for anyone to
> see LOL).

I hope you get it all sorted out soon and, if you want one, a new job.

John Hall

Jan 17, 2006, 1:26:35 PM1/17/06
In article <2i2IsIAK...@iconia.demon.co.uk>,

Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes:

>Hi John :) I'm fine, Toby's fine, haven't seen anyone from here in way
>too long. I'm currently one of the unwashed masses after packing the
>job in before Christmas (long story not for posting online for anyone to
>see LOL).

I hope that you find a much better job soon.

>How's you?

Not too bad, thanks, apart from a stinking cold which I've now had for a
week.

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 7:41:14 PM1/17/06
In article <Iui7QMA2...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie

<jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
>In article <ij9dcOAm...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
><Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
>><jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
>>>In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
>>><Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>>
>>>Hello!
>>>
>>Hey Jamie, how's life treating you?
>
>Very well thank you. I'm just trying to work out who I can
>rob to pay Gordon.

>>>Just about. How long has it been?
>>>
>>Too long :(
>
>Was I married last time? Did I have a daughter?
>
>Now eight months and standing up by any means possible, the
>more dangerous and wildly alarming the better.

Wow, now there's surprise! No you weren't married or with sprog
either!! What's her name? Bet she's so cute!
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 7:41:14 PM1/17/06
In article <4qnv93x...@news.flash-gordon.me.uk>, Flash Gordon
<sp...@flash-gordon.me.uk> writes

>Cerian wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Hi John :) I'm fine, Toby's fine, haven't seen anyone from here in way
>> too long.
>
>It has been a while.
>
> > I'm currently one of the unwashed masses after packing the
>> job in before Christmas (long story not for posting online for anyone to
>> see LOL).
>
>I hope you get it all sorted out soon and, if you want one, a new job.

Ta, I do want another one. Well I don't but I can't expect Toby to fund
my life of leisure :)
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 7:41:15 PM1/17/06
In article <n7PIY+J2...@indaal.demon.co.uk>, Malcolm
<Mal...@indaal.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <vAmukAAI...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
><Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>Hello.......anyone there?
>>
>Yes.

>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>
>Err, err, who did you say you were?????
>
>Oh yes, of *course*.
>
>Hi, how are you?

Not bad thanks Malcolm, you still up there in the wilds?
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 7:41:14 PM1/17/06
In article <MhJeYeAb...@jhall.demon.co.uk>, John Hall
<nospam...@jhall.co.uk> writes

>In article <2i2IsIAK...@iconia.demon.co.uk>,
> Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes:
>>
>>Hi John :) I'm fine, Toby's fine, haven't seen anyone from here in way
>>too long. I'm currently one of the unwashed masses after packing the
>>job in before Christmas (long story not for posting online for anyone to
>>see LOL).
>
>I hope that you find a much better job soon.

Well it will be hard to live up to (apart from the last bit of course!)
and I am not in anyway bitter about it (yeah right)

>>How's you?
>>

>Not too bad, thanks, apart from a stinking cold which I've now had for a
>week.

Ewww, not nice. Hope it goes soon!
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 7:41:15 PM1/17/06
In article <$t+Qp6DA...@post.demon.co.uk>, David Stevenson
<dav...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote
>>Hello.......anyone there?
>
>no.
>
>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>
>no.
>
>did i help?

No, now play nicely :)
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 17, 2006, 7:44:44 PM1/17/06
In article <7f9qs1d7ponhvvn8o...@4ax.com>, dawn
<dawn.h...@btinternet.com> writes

> Cerian wrote:
>
>>Hello.......anyone there?
>>
>/waves
>Hello, Cerian

Hi Dawn (and Graham who's probably there in the background somewhere!)

>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>
>But of course!
>
>How's things?

See previous posts - think I should have just done a generic summary for
everyone :)

I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
news is anything to go by!!
--
Cerian

Message has been deleted

NancyB

Jan 18, 2006, 9:02:40 AM1/18/06
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:44:44 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:

>I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
>news is anything to go by!!

OK, Prodigal Son returned after miraculously turning into a human
being, got married (me and Bob not PS), spent most of year trying to
stop Bob's alcoholic friend drinking himself to death, freelance work
mostly gone to India, Bob had an op, I've been supplmenting my income
by working in a call-centre (data entry not the phones) but now doing
market research interviewing, my Mum died following a stroke (but she
put up a good fight for almost a year and was always happy to see
everyone and never complained), daughter moved into her first house
and is expecting a baby in May so I'm going to be a Grandma. I think
that's about it.

--
NancyB

Work in progress

Jan 18, 2006, 9:59:01 AM1/18/06
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:40:00 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:

>Hello.......anyone there?

Fading in and out.

>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*

Yes dear, good to see you again. Joe and Rachel were asking last week
when we'd see you and Toby again.
--
Work in progress

Work in progress

Jan 18, 2006, 10:04:15 AM1/18/06
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:02:40 GMT, NancyB
<youare.w...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:44:44 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
>>news is anything to go by!!
>
>OK, Prodigal Son returned after miraculously turning into a human
>being,

Really pleased to hear that.

>got married (me and Bob not PS),

Congratulations. :)

> spent most of year trying to
>stop Bob's alcoholic friend drinking himself to death,

Did it work?

>freelance work
>mostly gone to India,

Weird, you think of techy computing stuff going out there but not
proof reading.

>Bob had an op,

All OK I hope?

> I've been supplmenting my income
>by working in a call-centre (data entry not the phones) but now doing
>market research interviewing,

MORI? They seem to be getting a lot of contracts that would
traditionally be carried out by Uni research departments.

>my Mum died following a stroke (but she
>put up a good fight for almost a year and was always happy to see
>everyone and never complained),

The wheel truns.

>daughter moved into her first house
>and is expecting a baby in May so I'm going to be a Grandma. I think
>that's about it.

Here, have a sit down and a cup of tea :)
--
Work in progress

Cerian

Jan 18, 2006, 10:07:33 AM1/18/06
In article <qciss1df6092bien3...@4ax.com>, NancyB
<youare.w...@ntlworld.com> writes
Wow Nancy, that's one heck of a year - congrats on the marriage and
Grandma fronts :)

I'm trying to think what happened to us last year and got as far as :-

Won a load of prizes (my latest hobby!)
Collected too many glass balls (yes, am still going)
Went to Rome
Told my boss to stick his job

I've racked my brains and that's all I can remember. Sad innit!
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 18, 2006, 10:07:33 AM1/18/06
In article <4rlss114433emeb52...@4ax.com>, Work in
progress <m...@privacy.net> writes

Well I'd have not known who that was without the Joe and Rachel bit!!
Bet they've grown up even more - how are they doing? And you too?

Have you gone all anonymous or summat?
--
Cerian

Work in progress

Jan 18, 2006, 11:01:41 AM1/18/06
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:07:33 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:

>In article <4rlss114433emeb52...@4ax.com>, Work in
>progress <m...@privacy.net> writes
>>On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:40:00 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello.......anyone there?
>>
>>Fading in and out.
>>
>>>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*
>>
>>Yes dear, good to see you again. Joe and Rachel were asking last week
>>when we'd see you and Toby again.
>
>Well I'd have not known who that was without the Joe and Rachel bit!!
>Bet they've grown up even more - how are they doing?

Joe is a long haired lout, taller than me, taking his GCSEs this year,
singing in a band, gigging at various parties, role playing and has a
better social life than I do :)

Rachel is hovering on the brink of puberty, much slamming of doors,
badly applied make up, but has an incredibly tidy room and still likes
to be tucked in. She's joined St John's Ambulance and is doing long
distance running, on the reserve list for Derby.

> And you too?

I'm good.

>Have you gone all anonymous or summat?

Once the divorce went through Lady Nina didn't seem appropriate
anymore. This is a half way house sort of thing.
--
Work in progress

Message has been deleted

David Stevenson

Jan 18, 2006, 12:24:44 PM1/18/06
Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote

eh, wot?

Cerian

Jan 18, 2006, 1:13:59 PM1/18/06
In article <b2pss15fp4ctea7lu...@4ax.com>, Work in

progress <m...@privacy.net> writes
>On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:07:33 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>In article <4rlss114433emeb52...@4ax.com>, Work in
>>progress <m...@privacy.net> writes

>>>Fading in and out.

>>>Yes dear, good to see you again. Joe and Rachel were asking last week
>>>when we'd see you and Toby again.
>>
>>Well I'd have not known who that was without the Joe and Rachel bit!!
>>Bet they've grown up even more - how are they doing?
>
>Joe is a long haired lout, taller than me, taking his GCSEs this year,
>singing in a band, gigging at various parties, role playing and has a
>better social life than I do :)

Aww bless, can't believe you called him a lout, Joe could never be a
lout :) What sort of band is he in and are they any good?

>Rachel is hovering on the brink of puberty, much slamming of doors,
>badly applied make up, but has an incredibly tidy room and still likes
>to be tucked in. She's joined St John's Ambulance and is doing long
>distance running, on the reserve list for Derby.

I used to love long distance running, I was always up for cross-country
at school, don't know what happened!!

Sounds like they're are both doing well.

>> And you too?
>
>I'm good.
>
>>Have you gone all anonymous or summat?
>
>Once the divorce went through Lady Nina didn't seem appropriate
>anymore. This is a half way house sort of thing.

Ah right. So why "work in progress"? Actually, could you email me
sometime - I've got no email addresses stored after a hard disk death -
still waiting for resident techie support to slave the drive and look
for them for me.

--
Cerian

Humbug

Jan 18, 2006, 3:39:32 PM1/18/06
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk>, "I always pay it extra."

>Hello.......anyone there?

>Failing that, anyone there that remembers me? *Sob*

Yes

--
Humbug (who was once sent to Coventry ...)

Humbug

Jan 18, 2006, 3:44:19 PM1/18/06
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk>, "I always pay it extra."

>In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie

Exactly so.

--
Humbug

Cerian

Jan 18, 2006, 5:24:08 PM1/18/06
In article <l4ats11f78iamci32...@4ax.com>, Humbug
<hum...@tofee.net> writes
And hello again in here :)
--
Cerian

Humbug

Jan 18, 2006, 5:54:27 PM1/18/06
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said dawn
<dawn.h...@btinternet.com>, "I always pay it extra."

Ooh ... Cerian, you've got Dawn to delurk!

Well done.

--
Erm

Flash Gordon

Jan 18, 2006, 5:19:24 PM1/18/06
Cerian wrote:

<snip>

> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
> news is anything to go by!!

You mean you want more than is in my sig?

Well, I got together with someone, it didn't work out, but we are still
best of friends.

My company is outsourcing most of it's development to India, as a result
of this it has lost developers faster than it wanted and so is now
playing catch up trying to get everything up an running. I appear to be
safe assuming the company survives the outsourcing, and if the company
died it is pretty certain that one of our customers would take me on.
Currently the company could do with about 4 of me, so if anyone has a
cloning machine lying around...

I'm now hosting a Wiki for another news group.

Flash Gordon

Jan 18, 2006, 5:07:08 PM1/18/06
NancyB wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:44:44 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
>> news is anything to go by!!
>
> OK, Prodigal Son returned after miraculously turning into a human
> being, got married (me and Bob not PS),

Congratulations.

> spent most of year trying to
> stop Bob's alcoholic friend drinking himself to death,

Ouch. Hope everyone is OK.

> freelance work
> mostly gone to India,

Work keeps heading that way. Or other cheap countries.

> Bob had an op, I've been supplmenting my income
> by working in a call-centre (data entry not the phones) but now doing
> market research interviewing,

Enjoying it? Or just paying the bolls?

> my Mum died following a stroke (but she
> put up a good fight for almost a year and was always happy to see
> everyone and never complained),

My sympathies. At least from the sound of it she had a good innings.

> daughter moved into her first house
> and is expecting a baby in May so I'm going to be a Grandma. I think
> that's about it.

Congratulations.

Humbug

Jan 18, 2006, 7:02:11 PM1/18/06
"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk>, "I always pay it extra."

>In article <l4ats11f78iamci32...@4ax.com>, Humbug
><hum...@tofee.net> writes
>>"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Cerian
>><Cer...@iconia.org.uk>, "I always pay it extra."
>>
>>>In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
>>><jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes

>>>Hey Jamie, how's life treating you?

>>>Too long :(
>>
>>Exactly so.
>>
>And hello again in here :)

There are only six of us, after all :-)

--
Humbug

Mike Fleming

Jan 19, 2006, 6:02:49 AM1/19/06

Seven. And I'm not a number, I'm a free man.

Hello again Cerian. Are you still in Brum?

--
a mike

Mike Fleming

Jan 19, 2006, 6:14:44 AM1/19/06
Cerian wrote:

> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
> news is anything to go by!!

Got engaged to childhood (well, 21yearoldhood) sweetheart Kaz, rather
ignoring the thorny issue of how to get rid of the current wife
(something to attend to this year).

Joined several bands, one of them with Kaz (www.secondtimeround.org.uk)
playing round the Brum area. One club band, one barn dance band playing,
er, barn dances and ceilidhs, one duo. Must do the websites for the
other two...

Got out of the stressful job in Brum into a job so laid back I could
sleep most of the day in Wolverhampton. Avoided telling former boss he
could stuff the job up his arse as I hate burning bridges. Actually did
some websites as part of my job. Which was nice.

Lost some weight. Now a mere shadow of my former self (down from 15st 9
to 14st 9, waist down from 40" to 34").

Avoided falling off any motorcycles.

--
a mike

Cerian

Jan 19, 2006, 7:26:46 AM1/19/06
In article <4399v2F...@individual.net>, Mike Fleming
<{mike}@tauzero.co.uk> writes
Hi Mike, I am still in Brum. Still don't like it as much as Cardiff but
then we won't be here forever!
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 19, 2006, 7:36:46 AM1/19/06
In article <agr2a3x...@news.flash-gordon.me.uk>, Flash Gordon
<sp...@flash-gordon.me.uk> writes

>Cerian wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
>> news is anything to go by!!
>
>You mean you want more than is in my sig?
>
>Well, I got together with someone, it didn't work out, but we are still
>best of friends.

Awww, well that's good, maybe things will work out?

>My company is outsourcing most of it's development to India, as a result
>of this it has lost developers faster than it wanted and so is now
>playing catch up trying to get everything up an running. I appear to be
>safe assuming the company survives the outsourcing, and if the company
>died it is pretty certain that one of our customers would take me on.
>Currently the company could do with about 4 of me, so if anyone has a
>cloning machine lying around...

Bummer, this Indian lark is getting beyond a joke now. It's getting to
the stage that most call centres I ring are there and alot of the call-
takers have problems with street addresses, everything has to be spelled
more than once and it really really gets my goat.

If you hang on, I'll dig my cloner of the garage, might take a while as
it's buried under the boxes for carbooting!

>I'm now hosting a Wiki for another news group.

What's a Wiki?
--
Cerian

Cerian

Jan 19, 2006, 7:36:46 AM1/19/06
In article <439alrF...@individual.net>, Mike Fleming
<{mike}@tauzero.co.uk> writes

>Cerian wrote:
>>
>> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
>> news is anything to go by!!
>
>Got engaged to childhood (well, 21yearoldhood) sweetheart Kaz, rather
>ignoring the thorny issue of how to get rid of the current wife
>(something to attend to this year).

Congrats Mike, hope it all works out.

>Joined several bands, one of them with Kaz (www.secondtimeround.org.uk)
>playing round the Brum area. One club band, one barn dance band playing,
>er, barn dances and ceilidhs, one duo. Must do the websites for the
>other two...

Ooh, dunno about the barn dances but cool :)

>Got out of the stressful job in Brum into a job so laid back I could
>sleep most of the day in Wolverhampton. Avoided telling former boss he
>could stuff the job up his arse as I hate burning bridges. Actually did
>some websites as part of my job. Which was nice.

Hmmm, I didn't go as far as the stuffing bit but wish I had to be
honest.

>Lost some weight. Now a mere shadow of my former self (down from 15st 9
>to 14st 9, waist down from 40" to 34").

Excellent - how did you do it? Wish I could be a shadow of my former
self!!

>Avoided falling off any motorcycles.

Most excellent :)

I was contemplating getting a bike but the trip into Brum down the
Stratford Road can be a little hairy and Toby figured I'd be dead within
a month!!
--
Cerian

Alec Cawley

Jan 19, 2006, 2:46:52 PM1/19/06
In article <4399v2F...@individual.net>, {mike}@tauzero.co.uk
says...

> > There are only six of us, after all :-)
>
> Seven. And I'm not a number, I'm a free man.

I'm still vaguely lurking around. But I don't have much to say because
not much is happening.

--
@lec ©awley
http://www.livejournal.com/~randombler

John Hall

Jan 19, 2006, 2:49:44 PM1/19/06
In article <439alrF...@individual.net>,

Mike Fleming <{mike}@tauzero.co.uk> writes:
>Cerian wrote:
>> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if
>>Jamie's
>> news is anything to go by!!
>
>Got engaged to childhood (well, 21yearoldhood) sweetheart Kaz, rather
>ignoring the thorny issue of how to get rid of the current wife
>(something to attend to this year).

Congrats. :)

>Joined several bands, one of them with Kaz (www.secondtimeround.org.uk)
>playing round the Brum area. One club band, one barn dance band
>playing, er, barn dances and ceilidhs, one duo. Must do the websites
>for the other two...

I see that "Save the Slug" is amongst the songs available for download.
:)
--
John Hall

"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Flash Gordon

Jan 19, 2006, 4:16:46 PM1/19/06
Cerian wrote:
> In article <agr2a3x...@news.flash-gordon.me.uk>, Flash Gordon
> <sp...@flash-gordon.me.uk> writes
>> Cerian wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
>>> news is anything to go by!!
>> You mean you want more than is in my sig?
>>
>> Well, I got together with someone, it didn't work out, but we are still
>> best of friends.
>
> Awww, well that's good, maybe things will work out?

I think it will stay as friendship.

>> My company is outsourcing most of it's development to India, as a result
>> of this it has lost developers faster than it wanted and so is now
>> playing catch up trying to get everything up an running. I appear to be
>> safe assuming the company survives the outsourcing, and if the company
>> died it is pretty certain that one of our customers would take me on.
>> Currently the company could do with about 4 of me, so if anyone has a
>> cloning machine lying around...
>>
> Bummer, this Indian lark is getting beyond a joke now.

Indeed. However, I could be one of the people it works out well for.

> It's getting to
> the stage that most call centres I ring are there and alot of the call-
> takers have problems with street addresses, everything has to be spelled
> more than once and it really really gets my goat.

I get that some of the time even when speaking to someone English.

> If you hang on, I'll dig my cloner of the garage, might take a while as
> it's buried under the boxes for carbooting!

Cheers.

>> I'm now hosting a Wiki for another news group.
> What's a Wiki?

It's basically a web site which users can edit from within their web
browser. Something like this http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page although
most people here won't be interested in this particular one.

Cerian

Jan 19, 2006, 6:02:15 PM1/19/06
In article <r6c5a3x...@news.flash-gordon.me.uk>, Flash Gordon
<sp...@flash-gordon.me.uk> writes

>>> I'm now hosting a Wiki for another news group.
>> What's a Wiki?
>
>It's basically a web site which users can edit from within their web
>browser. Something like this http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page although
>most people here won't be interested in this particular one.

Alert! Alert! Brain frying imminent!

Get ya, like Wikipedia - hadn't realised you could add things to it
until the other day :) Great source of info for competition answers.
--
Cerian

dawn

Jan 20, 2006, 1:24:04 AM1/20/06
Humbug wrote:>
>Ooh ... Cerian, you've got Dawn to delurk!
>
>Well done.

Cheek!

Too much work and not enough hours in the day, or so it seems.

How are you?

--
dawn

dawn

Jan 20, 2006, 1:25:42 AM1/20/06
NancyB wrote:

>OK, Prodigal Son returned after miraculously turning into a human

>being, got married (me and Bob not PS), spent most of year trying to
>stop Bob's alcoholic friend drinking himself to death, freelance work
>mostly gone to India, Bob had an op, I've been supplmenting my income

>by working in a call-centre (data entry not the phones) but now doing

>market research interviewing, my Mum died following a stroke (but she

>put up a good fight for almost a year and was always happy to see

>everyone and never complained), daughter moved into her first house

>and is expecting a baby in May so I'm going to be a Grandma. I think
>that's about it.

Busy year, Nancy!
Congratulations on the good things and commiserations on the
not-so-good things.
Hope Bob's fully recovered by now?

--
dawn

Work in progress

Jan 20, 2006, 11:01:49 AM1/20/06
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:13:59 GMT, Cerian <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> wrote:

>Aww bless, can't believe you called him a lout,

In an affectionate way :)

> Joe could never be a
>lout :) What sort of band is he in and are they any good?

Rock and Indie (being my son what else could it be) and apart from
their slaughtering of 'highway to hell' (which wasn't his band, he
stood in as singer for some friends) they're very good. He sings, but
he's also learning guitar.

>>Rachel is hovering on the brink of puberty, much slamming of doors,
>>badly applied make up, but has an incredibly tidy room and still likes
>>to be tucked in. She's joined St John's Ambulance and is doing long
>>distance running, on the reserve list for Derby.
>>
>I used to love long distance running, I was always up for cross-country
>at school, don't know what happened!!

I was the same, I'd been picked for the county at 15 then I jumped off
a roof and broke my foot (long story) and that was my running at
competitive level over.

snip

>Ah right. So why "work in progress"?

Accurate description.

>Actually, could you email me
>sometime - I've got no email addresses stored after a hard disk death -
>still waiting for resident techie support to slave the drive and look
>for them for me.

Oi, Toby, get on with it. Email to follow shortly.
--
Work in progress

Mike Fleming

Jan 21, 2006, 9:23:54 AM1/21/06
In article <UkTg9NAd...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes:

> In article <439alrF...@individual.net>, Mike Fleming
> <{mike}@tauzero.co.uk> writes
> >

> >Got engaged to childhood (well, 21yearoldhood) sweetheart Kaz, rather
> >ignoring the thorny issue of how to get rid of the current wife
> >(something to attend to this year).
>
> Congrats Mike, hope it all works out.

I think things are now moving apace, as current wife is now divorcing
me, thankfully. Just have to sort out the issue of whether I can keep
the house...

--
Mike Fleming

j.hut...@jisc.ac.uk

Jan 23, 2006, 7:08:31 AM1/23/06
Cerian wrote:
> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
> news is anything to go by!!

'Another year older, and deeper in debt'.

Mike Harrison

Jan 23, 2006, 5:26:01 PM1/23/06
According to my spies of (http://groups.google.com) writes
Cor blimey! The woodwork has squeaked and no mistake!

I'm currently working (sparking) at the new Arsenal FC stadium, just
down the hill from the old one at Highbury.
Still living in Watford, Hertfordshire, UK.
Last book read: The Brentford Triangle by Robert Rankin.
Last DVD watched: Once Upon A Time In The West.
Last CDs bought: XTC's Apple Box set.
Last visit to the cinema: many, many years ago.
Last live concert: Terry Reid at the 100 Club.
Last TV watched: The 6am news this morning.
Last Curry eaten: Friday night. A home-made concoction involving beef,
tomatoes, onions, garlic, red, yellow and green peppers and Patak's
Balti Paste. Served with plain basmati rice and a garlic & coriander
naan. Washed down with a sufficiently-below-room-temperature bottle of
Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted Ale.

--
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are
putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. <Mark Twain>

Mike Harrison

Malcolm

Jan 23, 2006, 5:51:59 PM1/23/06
In message <54FkoEE5...@merida.demon.co.uk>, Mike Harrison
<no...@merida.demon.co.uk> writes

ooooh, fun!

>I'm currently working (sparking) at the new Arsenal FC stadium, just
>down the hill from the old one at Highbury.

Still at BSI.

>Still living in Watford, Hertfordshire, UK.

Still at Tringhenge.

>Last book read: The Brentford Triangle by Robert Rankin.

Strange Laws of England.

>Last DVD watched: Once Upon A Time In The West.

Lost in Space (again), was bored and wanted mindless pap :)

>Last CDs bought: XTC's Apple Box set.

Well Oiled, Quireboys.

>Last visit to the cinema: many, many years ago.

Ditto.

>Last live concert: Terry Reid at the 100 Club.

Porcupine Tree.

>Last TV watched: The 6am news this morning.

Scuzz 2 mins ago.

>Last Curry eaten: Friday night. A home-made concoction involving beef,
>tomatoes, onions, garlic, red, yellow and green peppers and Patak's
>Balti Paste. Served with plain basmati rice and a garlic & coriander
>naan. Washed down with a sufficiently-below-room-temperature bottle of
>Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted Ale.

Last year, don't recall what it was.
--
Malcolm, keeper of the sacrificial beer and alco-warrior fighting the holy war
against the teetotal Taleban, Tringhenge.

FAQthingy at http://www.alue.org

The Odd Stray

Jan 23, 2006, 8:26:27 PM1/23/06
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:51:59 +0000, Malcolm
<mal...@tringhenge.co.uk.remove> wrote:

>In message <54FkoEE5...@merida.demon.co.uk>, Mike Harrison
><no...@merida.demon.co.uk> writes
>
>ooooh, fun!

Ah. Guidance! (The thought of doing a freeform update was daunting
me ... )

>>I'm currently working (sparking) at the new Arsenal FC stadium, just
>>down the hill from the old one at Highbury.
>
>Still at BSI.

Still at the same place. As is its wont, It changed names (yet again)
from Marconi to BAE Systems (my sixth company name whilst working at
the same place doing the same work!)

>>Still living in Watford, Hertfordshire, UK.
>
>Still at Tringhenge.

Still in the Lower Lefthand Corner.

>>Last book read: The Brentford Triangle by Robert Rankin.
>
>Strange Laws of England.

nonfiction: Thirst For Independence: The San Diego Water Story, D.
Walker [it wasn't quite as interesting as the water-stealing plotline
in the movie Chinatown ... but it was a buncha' private developers
competing to bring - for profit - water to the local folks]

fiction, or pretty nearly: The Princes of Ireland, E. Rutherfurd

>>Last DVD watched: Once Upon A Time In The West.
>
>Lost in Space (again), was bored and wanted mindless pap :)

Long Way Home (for the gazillionth time ... amazingly, I still find it
fun to watch.) Before that, Absolute Power. After this, Twin Peaks
Season I. (We got Netflix ... can you tell?)

>>Last CDs bought: XTC's Apple Box set.
>
>Well Oiled, Quireboys.

We also got XM Satellite radio. So not much need to buy CDs.

>>Last visit to the cinema: many, many years ago.
>
>Ditto.

Who wants to pay those prices?!?!?

>>Last live concert: Terry Reid at the 100 Club.
>
>Porcupine Tree.

Chicago City Limits. (Improv). Before that, Big Bad Vodoo Daddy.

>>Last TV watched: The 6am news this morning.
>
>Scuzz 2 mins ago.

I can't keep up with SimonP's channel surfing! We also got an HDTV
and he discovered that lots of channels are available, even though we
stubbornly insist on paying only for Basic Cable.

>>Last Curry eaten: Friday night. A home-made concoction involving beef,
>>tomatoes, onions, garlic, red, yellow and green peppers and Patak's
>>Balti Paste. Served with plain basmati rice and a garlic & coriander
>>naan. Washed down with a sufficiently-below-room-temperature bottle of
>>Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted Ale.
>
>Last year, don't recall what it was.

Last week. And probably again tomorrow. Someone over in the caff (I
think) mentioned Patak's, and we've been in curry heaven since we
found it!

Odd

j.hut...@jisc.ac.uk

Jan 24, 2006, 3:51:18 AM1/24/06
Mike Harrison wrote:

> According to my spies of (http://groups.google.com) writes
> >Cerian wrote:
> >> I think everyone needs to give me a brief summary themselves if Jamie's
> >> news is anything to go by!!
> >
> >'Another year older, and deeper in debt'.
> >
> Cor blimey! The woodwork has squeaked and no mistake!
>
> I'm currently working (sparking) at the new Arsenal FC stadium, just
> down the hill from the old one at Highbury.
> Still living in Watford, Hertfordshire, UK.

Still living and working in Brissle

> Last book read: The Brentford Triangle by Robert Rankin.

'The Bachelors' by Muriel Spark

> Last DVD watched: Once Upon A Time In The West.

'Macbeth'

> Last CDs bought: XTC's Apple Box set.

Complete (160 CD) Works of JS Bach

> Last visit to the cinema: many, many years ago.

'Howl's Moving Castle'

> Last live concert: Terry Reid at the 100 Club.

Many, many years ago

> Last TV watched: The 6am news this morning.

'Malcolm in the Middle' on Sunday

> Last Curry eaten: Friday night. A home-made concoction involving beef,
> tomatoes, onions, garlic, red, yellow and green peppers and Patak's
> Balti Paste. Served with plain basmati rice and a garlic & coriander
> naan. Washed down with a sufficiently-below-room-temperature bottle of
> Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted Ale.

Can't remember the last curry I ate, but it must have been at least 10
years ago.

Flash Gordon

Jan 24, 2006, 5:26:15 AM1/24/06
The Odd Stray wrote:

<snip>

> Still at the same place. As is its wont, It changed names (yet again)
> from Marconi to BAE Systems (my sixth company name whilst working at
> the same place doing the same work!)

<snip>

So like me you were sold in to slavery^W^W^Wto BAE a few years ago. I
left not long after, but that was coincidence.

The Odd Stray

Jan 24, 2006, 9:01:11 PM1/24/06
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:26:15 +0000, Flash Gordon
<sp...@flash-gordon.me.uk> wrote:

>The Odd Stray wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Still at the same place. As is its wont, It changed names (yet again)
>> from Marconi to BAE Systems (my sixth company name whilst working at
>> the same place doing the same work!)
>
><snip>
>
>So like me you were sold in to slavery^W^W^Wto BAE a few years ago. I
>left not long after, but that was coincidence.

I've been a wageslave-by-choice for as long as I've been working.
Couldn't handle the stress of wondering when or where the next job's
coming from. That's SimonP's milieu.

Odd - but then there's layoffs ... so far 5 and counting ...

Flash Gordon

Jan 25, 2006, 4:06:58 AM1/25/06

I'm still a wage slave, just for a completely different company.

Jamie

Jan 25, 2006, 6:47:49 AM1/25/06
In article <80eqpSAq...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>In article <Iui7QMA2...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
><jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes

>>Was I married last time? Did I have a daughter?
>>
>>Now eight months and standing up by any means possible, the
>>more dangerous and wildly alarming the better.
>>
>Wow, now there's surprise! No you weren't married or with sprog
>either!! What's her name?

Pookie, or Pikachu, or many others

> Bet she's so cute!

I'm obviously biased, and despite my part in her genetic downfall,
she is very very cute.

--
Jamie

Jamie

Jan 25, 2006, 6:44:28 AM1/25/06
In article <1pmv93x...@news.flash-gordon.me.uk>, Flash Gordon
<sp...@flash-gordon.me.uk> writes
>Jamie wrote:
>> In article <ij9dcOAm...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
>> <Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes

>>> In article <PRTKPMAw...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
>>> <jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
>>>>
>>> Hey Jamie, how's life treating you?
>>
>> Very well thank you. I'm just trying to work out who I can
>> rob to pay Gordon.
>
>Whilst I'm happy to receive payment, I'd rather you didn't rob anyone to
>pay me.

It's OK now, I managed to find some down the back of the sofa.

>>> Too long :(
>>

>> Was I married last time? Did I have a daughter?
>>
>> Now eight months and standing up by any means possible, the
>> more dangerous and wildly alarming the better.
>

>Heh. Yes, that sounds like a toddler :-)

She hasn't toddled yet, so is still pre-toddler, just.

--
Jamie

Cerian

Jan 25, 2006, 8:02:27 AM1/25/06
In article <J4wb1UAl...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
<jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
JPGs!!
--
Cerian

Baz

Jan 28, 2006, 9:38:55 PM1/28/06
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:51:59 +0000, Malcolm
<mal...@tringhenge.co.uk.remove> wrote:

>ooooh, fun!

Oooo stolen!

--
Baz...who thought the list minus the curry (good call Mike!)

Jamie

Feb 3, 2006, 8:29:25 AM2/3/06
In article <fLpSWDAv...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
<Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes

>>I'm obviously biased, and despite my part in her genetic downfall,

>>she is very very cute.
>>
>JPGs!!

Received?

--
Jamie

Cerian

Feb 3, 2006, 11:02:30 AM2/3/06
In article <x75llKA1...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
<jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes

I did get them and sent you an email back not long afterwards.

Hold on I'll go dig it out and send again :)
--
Cerian

Jamie

Feb 3, 2006, 12:12:15 PM2/3/06
In article <7bibiBA2...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian

<Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>In article <x75llKA1...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
><jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes
>>In article <fLpSWDAv...@iconia.demon.co.uk>, Cerian
>><Cer...@iconia.org.uk> writes
>>>In article <J4wb1UAl...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk>, Jamie
>>><jay...@hornbeam.demon.co.uk> writes

>>>JPGs!!
>>
>>Received?
>>

>I did get them and sent you an email back not long afterwards.

Ah.

>Hold on I'll go dig it out and send again :)

Tar. Don't know why I wouldn't get it, unless it was *huge*.

--
Jamie

cei...@piano4solihull.co.uk

Aug 11, 2017, 5:03:29 AM8/11/17
Hi. I am Cerian's sister. She died in March 2016 suddenly from pulmonary embolisms.
I am trying to find her old friend Judith (Jude) from Cardiff.

If anyone knows her, please pass my details on 07952 027681

John Hall

Aug 11, 2017, 5:54:29 AM8/11/17
In message <249835e1-11f2-4db0...@googlegroups.com>,
cei...@piano4solihull.co.uk writes
>Hi. I am Cerian's sister. She died in March 2016 suddenly from
>pulmonary embolisms.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

>I am trying to find her old friend Judith (Jude) from Cardiff.
>
>If anyone knows her, please pass my details on 07952 027681

I can't help with that, I'm afraid.
--
John Hall
"Three o'clock is always too late or too early

cei...@piano4solihull.co.uk

Aug 24, 2018, 9:07:03 AM8/24/18
Hi Jamie. Did you know Cerian`s friend Judith from Cardiff? I am trying to trace her as Cerian died in 2016 and she doesn`t know :(
I am Cerian`s sister

John Hall

Aug 24, 2018, 1:34:04 PM8/24/18
In message <b6621b7d-a2f6-42fd...@googlegroups.com>,
cei...@piano4solihull.co.uk writes
>Hi Jamie. Did you know Cerian`s friend Judith from Cardiff? I am trying
>to trace her as Cerian died in 2016 and she doesn`t know :(
>I am Cerian`s sister

That's sad news.

Nothing except for spam has been posted in this newsgroup for many
years, so there's a high chance that Jamie may no longer be monitoring
it. You might have better luck on Facebook. Assuming that "Jamie" is
Jamie Harvey, you can find him at https://www.facebook.com/hornbeam
--
John Hall
"Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history