Sarah's story

Judith Latham

Jul 20, 2021, 11:25:19 PM7/20/21
An East Williamsburg survivor of sex trafficking shares her story for
the first time.

She did not want to reveal her identity, so from this point on, her name
will be Sarah. She tells CBS19 she never thought she would make it out
alive.

"I cannot be silent about something so evil,” she said.

Sarah said in her earliest memories, she was being sold for sex. She
still can’t shake one memory from when she was just 10 years old.

"I would oftentimes be drugged,” Sarah said. “Thrown into a vehicle and
wake up in other cities all over Texas, and occasionally other states."

Her traffickers certainly not your normal suspects. Instead, they were
well-dressed, educated, wealthy men.

Some were even members of her own family, forcing her to do things too
graphic to speak about.

Her family was a part of gonzo child pornography and snuff films, which
are violent child pornography, often times resulting in the death of the
victim.

"I had burns on several places on my body. I've had my jaw dislocated
more than once."

Looking at a list of torture weapons from a Google search, including
saws, choking mechanisms and even fire, she said she has memory of
multiple things on that list.

Sarah said this isn't what people think of when they hear sex
trafficking. Her family was not finding girls online, at hotels or truck
stops. Instead, it was a sick way of life passed down through
generations, and she was simply the next in line.

"There were experiences that I didn't know if I was going to die that
night or survive. I just kept believing I would,” Sarah said.

Hoping to find help, she turned to self-harm, thinking somebody would
notice the marks.

"I needed somebody to tell me it wasn't my fault,” Sarah said.

It didn’t work.

She said family outside of her traffickers knew something was wrong, but
they never suspected something so horrific.

In high school, Sarah went to a foster home, but that didn’t save her.

"Contact was still allowed with my abuser. Not only did the abuse
continue while I was in foster care, but it escalated,” she said.

No matter how hard she tried escaping, she said her traffickers
manipulated her, using torture, drugs and threats.

In and out of multiple foster homes, she finally escaped from it all
when she was 18.

With nowhere to turn, and no high school diploma, she lived in a
homeless shelter, and said it was hard to get anyone to listen to her story.

Now in her forties, it’s her mission to have her story heard.

"There's still this misconception that all trafficking is pimping,
prostitution and survival sex in strip clubs, hotels and truck stops,
when the truth is, it's a whole lot deeper and darker into organized
crime,” she said.

It’s been more than 15 years since Sarah escaped sex trafficking. She is
happily married and going to college to study psychology.

Her abusers were never caught.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 21, 2021, 3:31:13 AM7/21/21

> It’s been more than 15 years since Sarah escaped sex trafficking. She is
> happily married and going to college to study psychology.
>
> Her abusers were never caught.

Damn, you mean they're still out there? The world is still unsafe? Come on, we can't allow this kind of shit to continue.

By the way, I figured the girl's story as a fake admit midway through the report when she used big words like "dislocated" instead of "broke" for her jaw, and "occasionally" instead of "now and then" for times she was sent out to bring back the loot in Texas. This is another woman looking to turn a story to gold. Will she succeed? Only time will tell. How much time? Let's just say enough for a new group of traffickers to profile that within her that cannot be camouflaged - the real Sarah - to kidnap her and treat her even worse than the first crew.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 21, 2021, 2:22:10 PM7/21/21
I believe the victim. Her story has moved me. I will do my part. Sign me up. This must end now.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 21, 2021, 3:16:57 PM7/21/21

> I believe the victim. Her story has moved me. I will do my part. Sign me up. This must end now.

I agree. But let's face it, there's simply too many stories. If it were just Sarah alone, or maybe one new victim per week, ok, maybe I could keep up with it, give it some of my time, extend a little compassion. But there's just too many of them. TMV - too many victims. It is rare to find a broad who has not mentioned being abused. But there are plenty of people who are abused and never mention it - like men. Funny how 'men' is found in the word 'mention'. Coincidence? I think not.