reelin in the heat

1 view

candyman

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

-- so,the cops came today,knock at the door,opened to see a uniform,and i
go to bits(mr cool huh)my hands shake ,my lip quivers,cant speak,start
sweating.HE says"ive come to impound your guns"(enormous sigh of relief
from me)
still shaking"why"?
"youhave not reapplied for a licence"
"its in the post,honest"(girl with me says"show him the pictures
joe)at which point i show him my recently taken obligatory gun licence
photos...me with newly acquired near skinhead hair(looking like an
ex-con)
so i hand them over with shaking hand,greasy from having wiped
sweating brow
"ok ill give you a week ,get it sorted boy or youre in trouble"
i only use the damn things for peppering the odd trespasser or
shooting a pigeon for supper(i live *deep*in the country)
i dont think he noticed the sound of flushing loos apparent in the
rest of the house.
anyway i hear another knock,god i need the loo!!
Tell me
for all the things that you know
why does the river not flow

Tango

Feb 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/2/97

candyman wrote:

> -- so,the cops came today,knock at the door,opened to see a uniform,and i
> go to bits(mr cool huh)my hands shake ,my lip quivers,cant speak,start
> sweating.HE says"ive come to impound your guns"(enormous sigh of relief
> from me)
> still shaking"why"?
> "youhave not reapplied for a licence"

<snip>

Where the hell do you live?

We Americans have overthrown one lawful government in this land - and we
could do it again too. For me, it's when they attempt to trash the
second ammendment.

An armed man is a free man. When they strip you of your means to resist
you're a slave, if not now, soon.

--
Tango

big_john

Feb 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/3/97

Tango <vc...@one.net> went tippety-tap on the keyboard...:

:
I'm sorry Tango but I just don't see the same need for guns that you do.
Guns and the reasons that make people feel the need to have them suck.
In the UK we have a lot less firearms because of cultural attitudes.
That doesn't make us less free. It does make us a little bit safer
though.

Lets face it, in both of our consumer orientated societies there is too
much complacency because of the relatively comfortable lifestyles that
we lead for mass dissent to happen. Without that level of discontent,
the government still controls the militia and therefore the state.
We are all slaves to Western society, armed or not. The sad fact is we
have been bought off.

Also, I doubt that the firearms available to the average American would
not make a jot of a difference to the kind of fire power that the modern
military could muster.

John
j.b...@dial.pipex.com
FOA, CASHP#23-96-I, CASHK#96-009
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
--Krishnamurti

The Prof

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

Big John proclaimed:

You're right. We wouldn't stand a chance. So what? I can't think of
a more appropriate or more useful manner of dying if it became
necessary. The primary reason for the amendment is to allow the
individual citizens of the several states of the union the capacity to
defend themselves militarily from the central government. Neither the
fact that Jefferson, et alia, never anticipated the growth in the
effectiveness of weapons or the size and expense of military
establishments, nor the grotesque, fungoid growth in government power
have changed the potential role of honor and bravery in combat. You
could say without much exaggeration that one of the most crucial
battles of the Viet Nam War was fought on the campus of Kent State.

If any revolutionary movement's decision to fight or not to fight is
based primarily on its chance of winning conventional battles against
an entrenched and superior opponent it might as well chuck in the
towel at the gitgo.

The Prof