Born to be bullied

Thomas Joseph

Jun 20, 2021, 5:30:46 AM6/20/21
He was born to be bullied.  In the beginning he didn't understand it.  He knew he was different but didn't feel it merited abuse.  He blamed the bullies. Only later after maturing did he realize it was no one's fault, not his or his tormentors.  It was just the way it was.  Ordained bullyism.
This realization came to him one day at home alone staring into the mirror feeling sorry for himself and watching himself cry when suddenly for the first time in his life he saw himself as others saw him - a pathetic excuse for a human being - and he knew he was born to be bullied. "I want to kill myself", he shouted into the mirror even thought he knew he  lacked the guts to do it.
Because he was born to be bullied he knew he'd have no problem finding someone to do it for him.  But not all bullies are born with the guts to kill.  The bullies he knew were tormentors but never incurred physical damage.  He knew he would have to step up his game - go to the rougher parts of town, locales where mayhem and slaughter are routine.
He chose the Black ghetto.  He had no car. He walked straight into it.  Several attempts to rob him were made.  He absorbed a variety of beatings from guys who were pissed off because he had no money.  But he was never bullied.
"These Negroes are mean but they're not bullies", he told himself. "Maybe I'll have better luck in the Mexican part of town."  Wherever he went he endured assault and injury but nothing close to death.  Finally he sank to his knees in the middle of the street and started pleading for someone to, "Please kill me."
First responders were called and he was taken down for psychiatric evaluation.  He was not handcuffed  Along the way the cops bullied him without mercy.  Finally he snapped.  First time in his life.  "Kill me", he screamed, attacking the cops with untrained fists of tantrumized fury.  One cop later died from injuries sustained in the oddball assault.  The man who was born to be bullied was sentenced to death and is currently on death row awaiting execution.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 20, 2021, 4:34:38 PM6/20/21
The appeals prolong it for years. Just as his life long wish for death is about to be fulfilled the state puts a moratorium on the death penalty and back to solitary he goes.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 21, 2021, 7:46:18 PM6/21/21

> The appeals prolong it for years. Just as his life long wish for death is about to be fulfilled the state puts a moratorium on the death penalty and back to solitary he goes.

Once again this raises the oft asked question, "Can a person deprived of all suicide assisting apparatus manage to kill himself with determination alone?" I have wondered about this often. Even in a padded cell a guy could jump up in the air as far as possible, then come down as straight as possible to land on his skull and break his neck. It might take thousands of attempts to achieve success. Then of course he also runs the risk of breaking his neck but living out the rest of his days in a hospital bed unable to move.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 21, 2021, 11:59:54 PM6/21/21
On Monday, June 21, 2021 at 7:46:18 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The appeals prolong it for years. Just as his life long wish for death is about to be fulfilled the state puts a moratorium on the death penalty and back to solitary he goes.
> Once again this raises the oft asked question, "Can a person deprived of all suicide assisting apparatus manage to kill himself with determination alone?" I have wondered about this often. Even in a padded cell a guy could jump up in the air as far as possible, then come down as straight as possible to land on his skull and break his neck. It might take thousands of attempts to achieve success. Then of course he also runs the risk of breaking his neck but living out the rest of his days in a hospital bed unable to move.

He is asked as he lies paralyzed why he tried to kill himself. "I am a failure at everything I do and I could not stand it anymore"

Thomas Joseph

Jun 22, 2021, 8:50:02 PM6/22/21

> He is asked as he lies paralyzed why he tried to kill himself. "I am a failure at everything I do and I could not stand it anymore"

Ok, he's paralyzed but he can still talk. I suppose that's good. Interviews would go over big with the guy. Everyone would tune in. He becomes a star. Then suddenly one day he finds himself able to move. A miracle. That also bring him a lot of attention. But not for long. Soon he realizes his recovery has killed the goose that laid the golden egg. The media moves on to other more interesting things. He becomes yesterdays news. But he no longer wants to kill himself, not after knowing first hand what fame and temporary fortune were like. He wants to live now more than ever. But he is angry, very angry. All he can do now is kill. Finally he succeeds at something. This time he gets the death penalty. 20 years later they finally put him away for good using a new method not yet invented, something I heard Mr. Shit talking about, something about ripping out a guy's soul which just instantly vacates the life force from the guy's body faster than any other method of dying ever known.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2021, 2:09:14 AM6/23/21
On Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 8:50:02 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > He is asked as he lies paralyzed why he tried to kill himself. "I am a failure at everything I do and I could not stand it anymore"
> Ok, he's paralyzed but he can still talk. I suppose that's good. Interviews would go over big with the guy. Everyone would tune in. He becomes a star. Then suddenly one day he finds himself able to move. A miracle. That also bring him a lot of attention. But not for long. Soon he realizes his recovery has killed the goose that laid the golden egg. The media moves on to other more interesting things. He becomes yesterdays news. But he no longer wants to kill himself, not after knowing first hand what fame and temporary fortune were like. He wants to live now more than ever. But he is angry, very angry. All he can do now is kill. Finally he succeeds at something. This time he gets the death penalty. 20 years later they finally put him away for good using a new method not yet invented, something I heard Mr. Shit talking about, something about ripping out a guy's soul which just instantly vacates the life force from the guy's body faster than any other method of dying ever known.

Older I get the more I am pro death penalty. Some say it is not a deterrent. I tell you right now it is deterring me. So you better hope it stays or I will kill you.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 23, 2021, 5:23:29 PM6/23/21

> Older I get the more I am pro death penalty. Some say it is not a deterrent. I tell you right now it is deterring me. So you better hope it stays or I will kill you.

I am against it only because it's been around since the dawn of time and hasn't done any good. Or maybe it has and it's taken for granted. But I'm not for it. At the same time I am not actively involved in any of these ongoing disputes which seem to have been around for so a long a time it seems obvious nobody wants them to end, almost as if arguing about them one way or another produces more results right now than voting one way or the other and having the vote actually mean anything. Almost as if arguing about the death penalty in itself is enough to keep the murder rate down. "Yes, scientists say the murder rate has gone up this year and attribute to the rise to less people arguing about the death penalty, having observed over the years that the more people talk about stuff the less likely anything critical happens. Just as suicides go down when there is war and up during peace time, same applies to talking or not talking about the death penalty. Talking about death, especially laughing about it, keeps the murder rate down. Proven fact. Ok, maybe not proven. But can you prove otherwise? Well can you punk?

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2021, 6:12:33 PM6/23/21
On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 5:23:29 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Older I get the more I am pro death penalty. Some say it is not a deterrent. I tell you right now it is deterring me. So you better hope it stays or I will kill you.
> I am against it only because it's been around since the dawn of time and hasn't done any good. Or maybe it has and it's taken for granted. But I'm not for it. At the same time I am not actively involved in any of these ongoing disputes which seem to have been around for so a long a time it seems obvious nobody wants them to end, almost as if arguing about them one way or another produces more results right now than voting one way or the other and having the vote actually mean anything. Almost as if arguing about the death penalty in itself is enough to keep the murder rate down. "Yes, scientists say the murder rate has gone up this year and attribute to the rise to less people arguing about the death penalty, having observed over the years that the more people talk about stuff the less likely anything critical happens. Just as suicides go down when there is war and up during peace time, same applies to talking or not talking about the death penalty. Talking about death, especially laughing about it, keeps the murder rate down. Proven fact. Ok, maybe not proven. But can you prove otherwise? Well can you punk?

So it is not a deterrent. I like the eye for an eye angle. Perhaps the family of the victim can spare the person. Make a deal. Have some options. But bottom line kill someone and you too get to die.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 24, 2021, 2:31:07 PM6/24/21

> So it is not a deterrent. I like the eye for an eye angle. Perhaps the family of the victim can spare the person. Make a deal. Have some options. But bottom line kill someone and you too get to die.

To die in the exact same way? Assist a guy with his suicide and get caught, you too must die from assisted suicide even if you don't want to die. First you will be hypnotized into thinking you want to die. Then you are given a list of suicide assistants to choose from. Then by law you must kill yourself even if your assistant has to put a little more into the effort than you do.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 24, 2021, 4:55:29 PM6/24/21
On Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:31:07 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > So it is not a deterrent. I like the eye for an eye angle. Perhaps the family of the victim can spare the person. Make a deal. Have some options. But bottom line kill someone and you too get to die.
> To die in the exact same way? Assist a guy with his suicide and get caught, you too must die from assisted suicide even if you don't want to die. First you will be hypnotized into thinking you want to die. Then you are given a list of suicide assistants to choose from. Then by law you must kill yourself even if your assistant has to put a little more into the effort than you do.

I like the idea of you must die the same way as your victim. This will encourage people to kill in a painless humane way. Lets do it for the children.

Judith Latham

Jun 24, 2021, 8:56:17 PM6/24/21
On 6/21/2021 7:46 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> The appeals prolong it for years. Just as his life long wish for death is about to be fulfilled the state puts a moratorium on the death penalty and back to solitary he goes.
>

> Once again this raises the oft asked question, "Can a person deprived of all suicide assisting apparatus manage to kill himself with determination alone?" I have wondered about this often. Even in a padded cell a guy could jump up in the air as far as possible, then come down as straight as possible to land on his skull and break his neck. It might take thousands of attempts to achieve success. Then of course he also runs the risk of breaking his neck but living out the rest of his days in a hospital bed unable to move.

If he sincerely wants to kill himself in his cell, all he needs to do is
stick his head in the toilet bowl and drown.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 24, 2021, 11:03:20 PM6/24/21
Why didn't Epstein do that? Or maybe he did and that is the real scandal. The toilets in jail cells though are too small. They are small to be suicide proof. But they are a good size to fuck.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 25, 2021, 3:18:42 PM6/25/21

> If he sincerely wants to kill himself in his cell, all he needs to do is
> stick his head in the toilet bowl and drown.

I was in a padded cell in Santa Monica California. I was living at my girlfriend's place. I was leaving to go out and hit the night with friends when she said, "If you go out don't bother coming back." I left. I came back later and she was true to her word. She would not let me in. Finally she gave in only to put further demands on me, like, "Put that beer away and get in the bedroom." I refused. She said she would call the cops. I said go ahead. She did it.

The cops arrived and told me to leave, it was her place, the law was on her side. I told them OK. I left. But I went around the block and knocked on her door once again. She refused to let me in. She called the cops again when I tapped on one of her window panes and it broke. I knew she was serious, so I left. I went part way around the block, came back and scaled the side of the house up to the slanted roof where I laid till the cops arrived.

One of them saw me. I think there was a part of me that wanted him to see me. I had been drinking but was not blasted out. I remember pretty much everything. They told me to come down. They cuffed me and put me in the car.

"What are you taking me down for?", I asked.

"Disturbing the peace", the driver replied.

"Disturbing the peace. How is that possible? I didn't make any noise. Whose peace did I disturb?"

It was as if they steered me into that final comment as the passenger side cop replied, "You disturbed OUR peace", and I knew what he meant, making them come back twice.

Point is, I was not wildly drunk or challenging or obnoxious (that I recall), or uncontrollable or anything like that. I was actually quite sedate. They had me in a holding cell. Then they called me out and two cops took me down an aisle with cells on all sides to a room with a tiny window that slid open and closed on it. "Step in there", said the first cop. I stepped in.

"Now take off you clothes and kick them out here." I did as told. I had no idea what the deal was. I stood before them totally naked, then they slammed the door shut and closed the tiny window. The room was padded with vinyl. It was cold. Then I heard the air conditioning go on. It was brutal. I was shivering. I had to get down on my haunches. I tried lying on the vinyl but couldn't' handle it. I started yelling stuff, "Hey, what the hell as I doing in here?" and so forth, as all around me I heard the voices of other 'cons' yelling for me to shut the fuck up. Finally the cops came and got me and put me in a regular cell. I guess what they put me in was 'the cooler.' Remember old movies? "Be careful pal, or we'll put you in the cooler." I never knew exactly what it meant, always thought it was just another word for jail.

Anyway long story short - there was no toilet in that room. Good try on your part, but we're talking about no apparatus of any kind. Nothing man made. Only you and a cell completely padded. You want to die. How you gonna do it? I say it can be done but I'm not the guy who's going to prove it.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 25, 2021, 3:23:39 PM6/25/21

> Why didn't Epstein do that? Or maybe he did and that is the real scandal. The toilets in jail cells though are too small. They are small to be suicide proof. But they are a good size to fuck.

Word on the street is "The Ep" did kill himself by putting his head in the toilet. Trustees with keys saw his body jutting out of the tiny toilet. Instead of calling higher-ups they decided to investigate it themselves. They knew it was Epstein and they hated his guts. They also knew once word got out that they killed him they'd have it made from both ends, trustees to the warden and his boys, Gods to the Ep-hating cons of cellblock B. They dragged Epstein's head out of the toilet. He was otherwise dry. Then they proceeded to hang him from his cell. He was already dead of course. They are still trustees. They were never investigated. On top of that they are Gods to the cons of cellblock B - and beyond.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 25, 2021, 7:37:23 PM6/25/21
On Friday, June 25, 2021 at 3:23:39 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Why didn't Epstein do that? Or maybe he did and that is the real scandal. The toilets in jail cells though are too small. They are small to be suicide proof. But they are a good size to fuck.
> Word on the street is "The Ep" did kill himself by putting his head in the toilet. Trustees with keys saw his body jutting out of the tiny toilet. Instead of calling higher-ups they decided to investigate it themselves. They knew it was Epstein and they hated his guts. They also knew once word got out that they killed him they'd have it made from both ends, trustees to the warden and his boys, Gods to the Ep-hating cons of cellblock B. They dragged Epstein's head out of the toilet. He was otherwise dry. Then they proceeded to hang him from his cell. He was already dead of course. They are still trustees. They were never investigated. On top of that they are Gods to the cons of cellblock B - and beyond.

He died too young. Our generations James Dean. He was torn apart for us.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 26, 2021, 3:01:59 PM6/26/21

> He died too young. Our generations James Dean. He was torn apart for us.

I agree the Ep was one hell of a human being. But you don't compare anybody to James Dean, not ever - so you hear me? James Dean was imitated by many. They say initiation is the sincerest form of flattery. But James was already dead and the dead cannot be flattered. It has been said that James Dean was the most influential figure of the 20th Century. I agree. I agree because the guy who told me that also told me he would t-e-a-r me apart if I didn't. But I was a Dean admirer even before that. I have seen all his movies. There's only two guys come close to James Dean and I think we both know who they are - Marty Sheen and Tom Hanks.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 26, 2021, 7:55:59 PM6/26/21
On Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 3:01:59 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > He died too young. Our generations James Dean. He was torn apart for us.
> I agree the Ep was one hell of a human being. But you don't compare anybody to James Dean, not ever - so you hear me? James Dean was imitated by many. They say initiation is the sincerest form of flattery. But James was already dead and the dead cannot be flattered. It has been said that James Dean was the most influential figure of the 20th Century. I agree. I agree because the guy who told me that also told me he would t-e-a-r me apart if I didn't. But I was a Dean admirer even before that. I have seen all his movies. There's only two guys come close to James Dean and I think we both know who they are - Marty Sheen and Tom Hanks.

I believe Martin did a biopic on the Deano. By playing him he could go deep into the method. A method guy playing a method guy. We are lucky the universe did not go kaboom as he tore himself apart in that role.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 27, 2021, 8:13:41 PM6/27/21

> I believe Martin did a biopic on the Deano. By playing him he could go deep into the method. A method guy playing a method guy. We are lucky the universe did not go kaboom as he tore himself apart in that role.

There's a host of guys came out around Dean's time who looked just like him and imitated him on their way to their own itsy bitsy moments of cinema fame. Bo Hopkins was one. Even some guys I sort of liked, early in their careers you could see some of their roles were nearly straight out impersonations of either Brando or Dean. I saw Peter Falk in a few early TV things where he was trying to act serious, and I swear to God he not only sounded like Brando, he even took on his appearance via facial expressions and gestures and so forth.

"He's the next James Dean."

"Great. What's his name?"

"What difference does it make, man? He's the next James Dean, that's all we need to know."

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 28, 2021, 1:39:53 AM6/28/21
Good thing I chose not to become the worlds greatest actor. I would have been so dominating that for the next thousand years all you would have would be imitations.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 28, 2021, 5:18:39 PM6/28/21

> Good thing I chose not to become the worlds greatest actor. I would have been so dominating that for the next thousand years all you would have would be imitations.

You came along at the wrong time. You could have made it big. But only in the shadow of Brando and Dean. Not easy. If anybody could have done it you would have been the guy. But if - remember, I say if - you had failed, oh man that would be frustrating, to put in all that time studying your craft, honing it, fine tuning it for years on end only to become known as the guy who was almost as good as Brando, almost as good as Dean. Or even worse, the guy who was better than Dean and Brando combined, a brightly burning star - as bright as the sun itself, but eclipsed by the sun-blocking specter of the Marlon/James coalition.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 1, 2021, 12:14:27 PM7/1/21
On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 5:18:39 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Good thing I chose not to become the worlds greatest actor. I would have been so dominating that for the next thousand years all you would have would be imitations.
> You came along at the wrong time. You could have made it big. But only in the shadow of Brando and Dean. Not easy. If anybody could have done it you would have been the guy. But if - remember, I say if - you had failed, oh man that would be frustrating, to put in all that time studying your craft, honing it, fine tuning it for years on end only to become known as the guy who was almost as good as Brando, almost as good as Dean. Or even worse, the guy who was better than Dean and Brando combined, a brightly burning star - as bright as the sun itself, but eclipsed by the sun-blocking specter of the Marlon/James coalitio

Compared to me they were blips on the radar screen of fame. Only one who could have rivaled me was Edmund OBrien. Thats right. And I would have wrapped him up in no time.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 1, 2021, 2:46:06 PM7/1/21

> Compared to me they were blips on the radar screen of fame. Only one who could have rivaled me was Edmund OBrien. Thats right. And I would have wrapped him up in no time.

I have never seen you act. But going on vibe alone I believe your claim. I can feel your greatness. O'Brien, funny. I remember not caring much for him in most things. I actually tried to like the guy. I do that with lots of famous people I have come to dislike. My judgments come naturally, unhurried and true. I never set out to dislike any actor, but their performances over time - their 'body of work' - turns me in that direction. We need someone new to keep the flame burning. I think you are that man. The first super star over the age of 60 to burst unknown upon the scene. Are the people ready for it? You better believe they are. Not just ready, they need it. They need to forget Brando, Dean, Clift, and others too many to mention. Wipe the slate clean. First time they see you they go, "Who the fuck is this guy, never seen him before", but as they settle into their seats they find themselves gazing gape-mouthed at the screen as one after the other they find themselves sucked in by your magnetic personality. I have seen you on film, the one with Sky. You out-shined the Sky with ease, without even trying. You were probably trying to help him, not thinking about yourself. Yet you took up the whole screen. You dominated. Without even trying, which is the best way to fly.

By the way, I don't usually quote people, but here's one I saw in a word puzzle the other day I thought was pretty good.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

That quote might even best one of my own unforgettable quotes along the same line: "What good is time if it can't be wasted?"

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 2, 2021, 10:44:59 AM7/2/21
Like I say my whole life is an act. On stage I am not acting. I am reacting. Pretending to give a shit just like I do in real life. I dont give a fuck. That is real method acting. I do not become the thing I am the thing.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 2, 2021, 2:06:02 PM7/2/21

> Like I say my whole life is an act. On stage I am not acting. I am reacting. Pretending to give a shit just like I do in real life. I dont give a fuck. That is real method acting. I do not become the thing I am the thing.

This is what I tell my students all the time and I just can't seem to get through to most of them: "Don't become it - be it!" But it's not easy. It is hard to tell an actor not to act. Especially the top guys. As a young director I had my share of run ins with many such characters. They'd run to the producer and complain about being overworked or some other trumped up charge. I was fired from many a production. This was right around the time actors were starting to run the show. Eventually I had to get out of the business. The actors had essentially blackballed me. I know about actors because I started out as one. I was good, maybe the best of all time up to that point. But no one knew it yet. I got out of acting and into directing because I truly believed the actors needed more guidance than they were getting. Oh boy was I ever wrong. The method boys chased me out of Hollywood which they run to this day. Keep up with your way of doing things. Hang in there. Our time will come.

Soon

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 11, 2021, 12:28:28 AM7/11/21
I have replaced the method with the truth. Most can't handle it.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 11, 2021, 4:50:08 PM7/11/21

> I have replaced the method with the truth. Most can't handle it.

The method boys were searching for the truth. They had not yet learned there is no need to search for the truth as it is all around us. In fact, their search for the truth was really a cheap excuse to avoid it. I was in heavy with those guys. I had their trust. But I went too far. They could not handle my criticism which were designed not to hurt them but to help them become better actors and even more importantly better human beings. They turned on me, blackballed me from Hollywood. I hold no grudges. In the end it was probably for the best. Yes, the truth is the best approach - not just for acting but for everything. It is the answer for everything. It is good that most cannot handle your truth. "A few good men" is what we're after. We must weed out those who can't handle it. Then, oh my God, then - wow, what greatness we who have devoted our lives to entertaining other people can at long last achieve for ourselves.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 11, 2021, 7:03:35 PM7/11/21
On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 4:50:08 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have replaced the method with the truth. Most can't handle it.
> The method boys were searching for the truth. They had not yet learned there is no need to search for the truth as it is all around us. In fact, their search for the truth was really a cheap excuse to avoid it. I was in heavy with those guys. I had their trust. But I went too far. They could not handle my criticism which were designed not to hurt them but to help them become better actors and even more importantly better human beings. They turned on me, blackballed me from Hollywood. I hold no grudges. In the end it was probably for the best. Yes, the truth is the best approach - not just for acting but for everything. It is the answer for everything. It is good that most cannot handle your truth. "A few good men" is what we're after. We must weed out those who can't handle it. Then, oh my God, then - wow, what greatness we who have devoted our lives to entertaining other people can at long last achieve for ourselves.

As their audience I feel like I have been blackballed. I will accept that my age makes me a lousy demographic but come on throw us a bone.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 12, 2021, 5:16:29 PM7/12/21

> As their audience I feel like I have been blackballed. I will accept that my age makes me a lousy demographic but come on throw us a bone.

If a good movie comes my way and I catch it by chance, fine. Otherwise I really don't care if I ever see another movie in my life.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 12, 2021, 11:48:43 PM7/12/21
On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 5:16:29 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > As their audience I feel like I have been blackballed. I will accept that my age makes me a lousy demographic but come on throw us a bone.
> If a good movie comes my way and I catch it by chance, fine. Otherwise I really don't care if I ever see another movie in my life.

Today a movie is a success if it breaks even. But this is because of the accounting. The production is so heavy with expenses the profits are hidden in the expenses. The accountants are the real movie artists.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 13, 2021, 4:21:14 PM7/13/21

> Today a movie is a success if it breaks even. But this is because of the accounting. The production is so heavy with expenses the profits are hidden in the expenses. The accountants are the real movie artists.

I'm sick of artists period. Unless they are the genuine type that cannot be classified. Like me. People always say, "Yes, I have heard he's an artist - but what type of artist is he?" I hate that. A real artist has no type. Like painting, sure, I've seen some nice stuff - gotta give them credit. But they are nothing compared to the true artists of our earth who are few in number since the beginning of time - mostly guys, like me who are simply artistic at everything they do no matter what it is. Even when they are putting down art they do it in a very artistic way.

I am the real deal, not some stinking entertainment industry asshole. It's horrible. A curse more than a gift, although I remain grateful for my status. I can't help it, I'm just an artistic type guy. Don't you agree? It is important to me that you agree.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 14, 2021, 11:28:10 AM7/14/21
I have always known that I was the greatest artist of all time. I hate when someone else thinks they are. Only room at the top for me.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 15, 2021, 3:53:31 PM7/15/21

> I have always known that I was the greatest artist of all time. I hate when someone else thinks they are. Only room at the top for me.

I have always known the same but have never said so openly because I believe that when it comes to greatness, bragging about it is a no no. I stop just short of bragging about it. I know I'm great but I don't blow my own horn. Not easy to do. But I do it. That's just one more thing that makes me great. Ok, it doesn't make me great, but it does serve to prove it. Right?

Right.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 16, 2021, 5:44:30 PM7/16/21
My greatness is only surpassed by my humility.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 16, 2021, 6:21:17 PM7/16/21

> My greatness is only surpassed by my humility.\

Skyving and I have already broached this topic from every possible angle. You input is welcome though. You may have something to say we never thought of. Who knows? I know your plight because I too am great although I would not say my humility surpasses it, although it's close. To be too humble or too great while sharing both qualities is a flaw. You have to keep it as close to even steven as possible in order to qualify as truly HAG (humble and Great).

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 17, 2021, 10:52:23 PM7/17/21
On Friday, July 16, 2021 at 6:21:17 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > My greatness is only surpassed by my humility.\
>
> Skyving and I have already broached this topic from every possible angle. You input is welcome though. You may have something to say we never thought of. Who knows? I know your plight because I too am great although I would not say my humility surpasses it, although it's close. To be too humble or too great while sharing both qualities is a flaw. You have to keep it as close to even steven as possible in order to qualify as truly HAG (humble and Great).

Some awesome posts today. This is not one of them.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 18, 2021, 5:08:18 PM7/18/21
I am great and humble, I never said I was awesome. Although I am.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 19, 2021, 3:55:51 PM7/19/21
Not being an asshole is being humble. Very few humble people.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 19, 2021, 8:02:15 PM7/19/21

> Not being an asshole is being humble. Very few humble people.

HAM - humble assholes matter. I know what you mean as I too am a humble non asshole. But I have the capacity to be a big time asshole if I ever choose to do so, so please don't push the fucking issue, asshole.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 20, 2021, 2:35:57 PM7/20/21
On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 8:02:15 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Not being an asshole is being humble. Very few humble people.
> HAM - humble assholes matter. I know what you mean as I too am a humble non asshole. But I have the capacity to be a big time asshole if I ever choose to do so, so please don't push the fucking issue, asshole.

Assholes seem to be in charge. Well fine. I am in a very compliant mood. Had a nice swim. Laying in bed. Not even horny. Very odd.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 21, 2021, 4:01:55 AM7/21/21

> Assholes seem to be in charge. Well fine. I am in a very compliant mood. Had a nice swim. Laying in bed. Not even horny. Very odd.

The genuine blue veined diamond cutter variety of hard on disappeared from my life in my late 50s. That's kind of young. But I remember, you are right, I usually did get a pretty good boner after hours in the sun. I don't know if it was the sun or the water or both, or maybe just the relaxation, but I remember my bone running in high gear afterwards, as well as my overall appetite for eating, that would go sky high too.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 21, 2021, 2:11:17 PM7/21/21
On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 4:01:55 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Assholes seem to be in charge. Well fine. I am in a very compliant mood. Had a nice swim. Laying in bed. Not even horny. Very odd.
> The genuine blue veined diamond cutter variety of hard on disappeared from my life in my late 50s. That's kind of young. But I remember, you are right, I usually did get a pretty good boner after hours in the sun. I don't know if it was the sun or the water or both, or maybe just the relaxation, but I remember my bone running in high gear afterwards, as well as my overall appetite for eating, that would go sky high too.

After the beach was the best. The salt water and air. Seeing suntanned women in bikinis. Raging hormones. Primordial.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 21, 2021, 4:08:37 PM7/21/21

> After the beach was the best. The salt water and air. Seeing suntanned women in bikinis. Raging hormones. Primordial.

Pre-ethics. What a great time. Take what you can get. Of course you'll have to meet up with the top dog eventually, but in the meantime there's no time clock to punch, it's just day to day getting by. Primordial pre-ethics bliss. But now thinking about it, maybe there is much good to be said about the time clock, even as reviled as it is by today's spoil brat drones. You are right though - those combinations all come into play. But even without seeing any broads or any flesh period, something about those post afternoon water/sun affairs certainly did serve to bring on the boners big time.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 21, 2021, 6:38:22 PM7/21/21
On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 4:08:37 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > After the beach was the best. The salt water and air. Seeing suntanned women in bikinis. Raging hormones. Primordial.
> Pre-ethics. What a great time. Take what you can get. Of course you'll have to meet up with the top dog eventually, but in the meantime there's no time clock to punch, it's just day to day getting by. Primordial pre-ethics bliss. But now thinking about it, maybe there is much good to be said about the time clock, even as reviled as it is by today's spoil brat drones. You are right though - those combinations all come into play. But even without seeing any broads or any flesh period, something about those post afternoon water/sun affairs certainly did serve to bring on the boners big time.

The sea meets the men.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 22, 2021, 3:56:53 PM7/22/21

> The sea meets the men.

Hah hah. I'll tell you another thing that almost always did it for me, and I'll bet I'm not alone. Well I suppose in the end no one is totally alone. Riding a bus. The cross country type. A long trip. A broad had to be a genuine dog to not look good. But I think the vibrations had something to do with it as well, maybe also the boredom. I just remember having some massive hard ons on long distance bus trips, usually parked somewhere in the back of the bus, my cock pointed in the same direction as the eyes of my subjects, straight ahead. I'll bet there's been a lot of fucking on the bus.

"Leave the jerking to us."

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 22, 2021, 6:52:25 PM7/22/21
The smell of jet fuel at the airport is arousing for me. The only way to fly.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 23, 2021, 6:31:56 PM7/23/21

> The smell of jet fuel at the airport is arousing for me. The only way to fly.

There are professionals schooled at teaching people how to enhance their powers of smell. Also meds that can be taken to up the ante that are kept on the QT because only people with a lot of money can get them. After several months of smell enhancement classes I took some smell enhancement pills and went to the funeral of a person I never met before. Just walked in off the street. Nobody suspected anything. As the mourners gathered and hugged I took the opportunity to get in on the action. People often ask, "Can hugging be sex?" The answer is, "Yes, you stupid fucking idiot, of course it is - that's why I go to funerals, just for the hugs." But the smell enhancement pills have taken it beyond mere hugging. If I get in close enough I am now capable of smelling the sorrow in a person's tear drops. Oh man, what a turn on!

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 23, 2021, 6:38:41 PM7/23/21
On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 6:31:56 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The smell of jet fuel at the airport is arousing for me. The only way to fly.
> There are professionals schooled at teaching people how to enhance their powers of smell. Also meds that can be taken to up the ante that are kept on the QT because only people with a lot of money can get them. After several months of smell enhancement classes I took some smell enhancement pills and went to the funeral of a person I never met before. Just walked in off the street. Nobody suspected anything. As the mourners gathered and hugged I took the opportunity to get in on the action. People often ask, "Can hugging be sex?" The answer is, "Yes, you stupid fucking idiot, of course it is - that's why I go to funerals, just for the hugs." But the smell enhancement pills have taken it beyond mere hugging. If I get in close enough I am now capable of smelling the sorrow in a person's tear drops. Oh man, what a turn on!

Turn me on daddy. Now turn me off. I am a switch.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 23, 2021, 9:24:11 PM7/23/21

> Turn me on daddy. Now turn me off. I am a switch.

Yes, you are a switch and I just turned you off - for good. Not all the way around, just with this topic. It's dead. It's off and it's staying off. It turns me on to turn you off.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 24, 2021, 12:26:09 PM7/24/21
On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 9:24:11 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Turn me on daddy. Now turn me off. I am a switch.
> Yes, you are a switch and I just turned you off - for good. Not all the way around, just with this topic. It's dead. It's off and it's staying off. It turns me on to turn you off.

I will gladly turn it off. I will also gladly turn it on.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 24, 2021, 6:08:34 PM7/24/21

> I will gladly turn it off. I will also gladly turn it on.

Never turn it on, then you don't ever have to turn it off.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 25, 2021, 2:50:40 PM7/25/21
On Saturday, July 24, 2021 at 6:08:34 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I will gladly turn it off. I will also gladly turn it on.
> Never turn it on, then you don't ever have to turn it off.

I got a clapper.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 25, 2021, 6:17:37 PM7/25/21
Alexa - son of clapper.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 26, 2021, 4:38:36 PM7/26/21
I hate those things. I was using a voice contolled navigation system. It was aggravating.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 26, 2021, 9:35:45 PM7/26/21

> I hate those things. I was using a voice contolled navigation system. It was aggravating.

I despise it all. I remember when the self checkouts started. I was driving cab at night, late night, so if I went to the marker I'd use the new machines without feeling rushed. Got to learn them pretty fast. Each new so-called improvement is a step in the other direction. The voice is the worst. It's almost like they're trying to get people to make the kinds of mistakes that happen when they're feeling rushed. The machine is barking orders. "Please remove all bagged items. Take your receipt and change. Please remove all bagged items", and I'm going, "Yeah yeah yeah, hold the fuck on." I feel rushed - by a fucking machine! Now you have to press more buttons to get this and that to work. I think a gigantic percent of most new things are a step backwards. So I am not opposed to progress - when it works.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 27, 2021, 6:16:50 PM7/27/21
On Monday, July 26, 2021 at 9:35:45 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I hate those things. I was using a voice contolled navigation system. It was aggravating.
> I despise it all. I remember when the self checkouts started. I was driving cab at night, late night, so if I went to the marker I'd use the new machines without feeling rushed. Got to learn them pretty fast. Each new so-called improvement is a step in the other direction. The voice is the worst. It's almost like they're trying to get people to make the kinds of mistakes that happen when they're feeling rushed. The machine is barking orders. "Please remove all bagged items. Take your receipt and change. Please remove all bagged items", and I'm going, "Yeah yeah yeah, hold the fuck on." I feel rushed - by a fucking machine! Now you have to press more buttons to get this and that to work. I think a gigantic percent of most new things are a step backwards. So I am not opposed to progress - when it works.

The damn things keep changing. Adding new features having to press yes and no more and more. It is all a game.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 27, 2021, 11:33:02 PM7/27/21

> The damn things keep changing. Adding new features having to press yes and no more and more. It is all a game.

I know. Even with a real life cashier we are now asked to press a button asking us if we want a receipt or not. This all started after the pandemic. Funny, they're telling us to touch as little as possible, then at the same time creating new ways to force us to touch all kinds of shit with our fingers. I went through some shit with a machine once and was laughing at it when I told a kid working the register how insulting the machines were. He said, "What do you mean? I said, "You know, the way they ask you to have a nice day and talk to you as if they know what you're saying or care in the first place." I asked him, "Don't you think that's insulting?", and he looked at me like I was nuts. I guess it could be said all these machines are being invented by machines. Drones. Same thing I suppose. Yes it's getting worse. Still haven't seen a driverless car. It might be a while before that takes hold.

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 28, 2021, 2:17:45 PM7/28/21
On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 11:33:02 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The damn things keep changing. Adding new features having to press yes and no more and more. It is all a game.
> I know. Even with a real life cashier we are now asked to press a button asking us if we want a receipt or not. This all started after the pandemic. Funny, they're telling us to touch as little as possible, then at the same time creating new ways to force us to touch all kinds of shit with our fingers. I went through some shit with a machine once and was laughing at it when I told a kid working the register how insulting the machines were. He said, "What do you mean? I said, "You know, the way they ask you to have a nice day and talk to you as if they know what you're saying or care in the first place." I asked him, "Don't you think that's insulting?", and he looked at me like I was nuts. I guess it could be said all these machines are being invented by machines. Drones. Same thing I suppose. Yes it's getting worse. Still haven't seen a driverless car. It might be a while before that takes hold.

The cashier was also a machine. It is there to make sure you co-operate with his brethern.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 29, 2021, 9:00:56 PM7/29/21

> The cashier was also a machine. It is there to make sure you co-operate with his brethren.

Another drone. I guess these people were around in full force even when I was a kid but I didn't let them bug me because I didn't have to deal with them much. So I don't know for sure if people are more robotic today than ever before. But it sure looks that way to me sometimes. I don't mind a machine, especially if that's what it's called and also what it's used as - a fucking machine - not something pretending to be a human being. The voice bugs me. I'll bet the way that voice hurries people along has cost some harried people money along the way. The way the machine says, "Please take your change and receipt and remove your bags from the bagging area", then swings directly to the next person who isn't even at the machine yet: "Please scan your first item." It reminds me of a bum who asks you for money, and whether he gets it or not doesn't matter - as soon as he's done with you he's right on top of the next thing that moves. Those machines can be very helpful. At times. But mostly they are a pain, not just for the customer but also for the actual human workers who have to drop everything they're doing to come over and assist someone because the machine froze up on them or whatever. But I am not going to knock it because it's progress and I'm a progressive person. Onward! To the future!

OllieN...@aol.com

Jul 30, 2021, 4:04:57 PM7/30/21
On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 9:00:56 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The cashier was also a machine. It is there to make sure you co-operate with his brethren.
>

> Another drone. I guess these people were around in full force even when I was a kid but I didn't let them bug me because I didn't have to deal with them much. So I don't know for sure if people are more robotic today than ever before. But it sure looks that way to me sometimes. I don't mind a machine, especially if that's what it's called and also what it's used as - a fucking machine - not something pretending to be a human being. The voice bugs me. I'll bet the way that voice hurries people along has cost some harried people money along the way. The way the machine says, "Please take your change and receipt and remove your bags from the bagging area", then swings directly to the next person who isn't even at the machine yet: "Please scan your first item." It reminds me of a bum who asks you for money, and whether he gets it or not doesn't matter - as soon as he's done with you he's right on top of the next thing that moves. Those machines can be very helpful. At times. But mostly they are a pain, not just for the customer but also for the actual human workers who have to drop everything they're doing to come over and assist someone because the machine froze up on them or whatever. But I am not going to knock it because it's progress and I'm a progressive person. Onward! To the future!

Please do not belittle bums. We are all bums. Just some bums need more than others.

Thomas Joseph

Jul 30, 2021, 6:54:55 PM7/30/21

> Please do not belittle bums. We are all bums. Just some bums need more than others.

I have not ever and will not ever put down bums unless they are overly persistent to the point of strong arm robbery. I more than most am very much aware that everyone is a bum in some way. The evolution of American bumming is interesting. I remember when it was "Can you spare change, I haven't eaten in days." Now more and more bums are honest, asking for money for booze. But is it genuine honesty? No it is not. Street bumming is a competitive thing. Lots of guys who used to say they needed money for food now know that those they are asking are wise to them and their real needs, so they go the honest route now - but only because they have to. I liked bums who were honest before it became hip.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 1, 2021, 1:24:00 AM8/1/21
On Friday, July 30, 2021 at 6:54:55 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Please do not belittle bums. We are all bums. Just some bums need more than others.
> I have not ever and will not ever put down bums unless they are overly persistent to the point of strong arm robbery. I more than most am very much aware that everyone is a bum in some way. The evolution of American bumming is interesting. I remember when it was "Can you spare change, I haven't eaten in days." Now more and more bums are honest, asking for money for booze. But is it genuine honesty? No it is not. Street bumming is a competitive thing. Lots of guys who used to say they needed money for food now know that those they are asking are wise to them and their real needs, so they go the honest route now - but only because they have to. I liked bums who were honest before it became hip.

I give them lectures about doing unto others and passing it forward. I hope it annoys them.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 1, 2021, 6:41:02 PM8/1/21

> I give them lectures about doing unto others and passing it forward. I hope it annoys them.

I stop in my tracks to recite a written speech I keep in my back pocket at all times.

"I understand your plight. Believe me, I've been where you're at. Man, I hated when people would yell at me to "Get a job!" I know what it's like - the humiliation, the despair, the hopelessness, all of it. But you know what? I rose above it. One day I woke up and asked myself, "What the hell am I doing with my life? Is that all that counts - how much money I'm going to pull in to get me through the day?" I thought about it a minute and said, "That's it, no more bumming." I went out and got a job. I worked hard. I made a lot of money. But I spent a lot too. Then one day I found myself back on the corner bumming spare change. Right back where I started from. That's where I'm at now. On the street, just like you. Oh I may not look like it. I'm healthier looking that your average bum because I had a few good years to keep me going. But now I'm on the street, same as you. And you have the nerve to ask ME if I have any spare change for YOU? I've been there Pal. I know what's going down on the streets. And I know if I really want to get out of it I can do it again. You can do. The question is, "do you want to get out, or do you want to be a street bum for the rest of your life?" Well, that's the question. What's your answer, Punk?"

Then I fold up the speech and put it back in my pocket before letting the bum know I did not write the speech myself - that it was written by Val Kilmer before he made it big in the movies, from back in the days when he was a struggling artist and didn't know where to turn.

"You mean Val Kilmer the actor wrote that speech?", the bum says.

"That's right, sure did", comes my reply. To which the bum says, "How much do you want for it?"

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 1, 2021, 11:43:31 PM8/1/21
Val Kilmer is on the comeback. This is his big time. Yu nailed it.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 2, 2021, 11:33:25 PM8/2/21

> Val Kilmer is on the comeback. This is his big time. Yu nailed it.

I used Kilmer because only a few days ago in the newspaper I saw a small article that talked about a new documentary about Kilmer with Kilmer as the main star. Un fucking real.

Yeah, I know you like Val and think he's one of the best actors of all time - which he is. But you don't know him now the way you're going to know him once you've seen his documentary. Early reports from my inside sources say it's beyond Oscar worthy, it's a fucking shoo in.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 2, 2021, 11:38:25 PM8/2/21
My father was in business with the Kilmers. Many years ago. I need to see if he will give me money. That is what fame is about.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 3, 2021, 2:41:10 PM8/3/21

> My father was in business with the Kilmers. Many years ago. I need to see if he will give me money. That is what fame is about.

Maybe you've got more money than Val. You told me about your father and the Kilmer clan. Dune buggies or something. So you had your shot. You could have got there with Val. But your father held back, afraid your foray into Tinseltown might lead to debauchery and even possibly outright homosexuality. He cared about you. But in the long run he held you back. So did Val. Val was aware of his talent. He saw it. But he was young himself at the time, not mature enough to share his talents, more inclined to guard them as his own. He purposely kept you out of the biz because he saw you as a threat. His documentary will rekindle a national interest in the once iconic near King of the Cinema. Then a new documentary will be made about the making of the documentary. Your name will eventually become part of the conversation. At that moment we will seize the opportunity to release our own documentary about how Val kept you purposely unviable in wild and wooly world of audi-visual artistry.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 3, 2021, 9:54:27 PM8/3/21
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 2:41:10 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > My father was in business with the Kilmers. Many years ago. I need to see if he will give me money. That is what fame is about.
> Maybe you've got more money than Val. You told me about your father and the Kilmer clan. Dune buggies or something. So you had your shot. You could have got there with Val. But your father held back, afraid your foray into Tinseltown might lead to debauchery and even possibly outright homosexuality. He cared about you. But in the long run he held you back. So did Val. Val was aware of his talent. He saw it. But he was young himself at the time, not mature enough to share his talents, more inclined to guard them as his own. He purposely kept you out of the biz because he saw you as a threat. His documentary will rekindle a national interest in the once iconic near King of the Cinema. Then a new documentary will be made about the making of the documentary. Your name will eventually become part of the conversation. At that moment we will seize the opportunity to release our own documentary about how Val kept you purposely unviable in wild and wooly world of audi-visual artistry.

I refused to give permission to use my likeness. They instead will use Elvis as a stand in.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 4, 2021, 2:17:51 AM8/4/21

"I refused to give permission to use my likeness. They instead will use Elvis as a stand in."

I have refused any and all participation in such future presentations. I hear they're coming out with a new movie called "Marlon Brando, the Last 15 Years", detailing the day to day deterioration of the cinema giant's peanut butter and banana sandwich corpse meat. Explanations of his sometimes rapid, other times snail-paced deterioration will be provided by Val Kilmer using Marlon's voice as if the King himself is speaking to us directly from the grave. Insiders say of all the actors of all time coming out of Hollywood that nobody did Brando as well as Kilmer, not even the great Rich Little. We will hear in Marlon's own words how.much he misses being alive but also how at times he thinks being dead is "Like the coolest thing ever, man." But while the words are Marlon's the voice is Val's, and buzz from inside the studios say the sadly under rated Kilmer absolutely 'nailed the role." Jack Warner Jr. himself said flatly, "There's not another actor alive or dead could have handled the part the way Val did. Oh maybe James Dean in his prime. But Dean is dead and we're looking to the future, not living in the past."

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 4, 2021, 1:32:53 PM8/4/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 2:17:51 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> "I refused to give permission to use my likeness. They instead will use Elvis as a stand in."
> I have refused any and all participation in such future presentations. I hear they're coming out with a new movie called "Marlon Brando, the Last 15 Years", detailing the day to day deterioration of the cinema giant's peanut butter and banana sandwich corpse meat. Explanations of his sometimes rapid, other times snail-paced deterioration will be provided by Val Kilmer using Marlon's voice as if the King himself is speaking to us directly from the grave. Insiders say of all the actors of all time coming out of Hollywood that nobody did Brando as well as Kilmer, not even the great Rich Little. We will hear in Marlon's own words how.much he misses being alive but also how at times he thinks being dead is "Like the coolest thing ever, man." But while the words are Marlon's the voice is Val's, and buzz from inside the studios say the sadly under rated Kilmer absolutely 'nailed the role." Jack Warner Jr. himself said flatly, "There's not another actor alive or dead could have handled the part the way Val did. Oh maybe James Dean in his prime. But Dean is dead and we're looking to the future, not living in the past."

Wasn't Kilmer in the movie Dr Moreau with Brando? Man this has come full circle. With a jerk.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 4, 2021, 5:46:04 PM8/4/21

> Wasn't Kilmer in the movie Dr Moreau with Brando? Man this has come full circle. With a jerk.

Yes, he was. I enjoyed that movie. Had me howling with laughter a few times, mainly at Brando's overacting and his oddball contrived interpretation of the great Moreau. Even the British accent he used, it was like he was out and out imitating Charles Laughton from the original. Brando was not a good actor. By that I mean he was not good at accents and so forth. But he didn't know he wasn't good because everybody told him he was. This allowed him to try all kinds of stuff without fear of embarrassment. But wait a minute, we were talking about Val, no Marlon. Why the sudden switcheroo? Is that fair to Val? Well, I don't feel bad about it because Val has a new movie coming out - about himself, starring as himself - plus he's still alive and Marlon is dead. So for now Val wins out.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 6, 2021, 11:17:54 AM8/6/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 5:46:04 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Wasn't Kilmer in the movie Dr Moreau with Brando? Man this has come full circle. With a jerk.
> Yes, he was. I enjoyed that movie. Had me howling with laughter a few times, mainly at Brando's overacting and his oddball contrived interpretation of the great Moreau. Even the British accent he used, it was like he was out and out imitating Charles Laughton from the original. Brando was not a good actor. By that I mean he was not good at accents and so forth. But he didn't know he wasn't good because everybody told him he was. This allowed him to try all kinds of stuff without fear of embarrassment. But wait a minute, we were talking about Val, no Marlon. Why the sudden switcheroo? Is that fair to Val? Well, I don't feel bad about it because Val has a new movie coming out - about himself, starring as himself - plus he's still alive and Marlon is dead. So for now Val wins out.

When she is ready for the meat will the meat be ready for her? I know this is not what the post is about.
Was that the last movie Marlon made?

Thomas Joseph

Aug 6, 2021, 6:37:19 PM8/6/21

> When she is ready for the meat will the meat be ready for her? I know this is not what the post is about.
> Was that the last movie Marlon made?

Once again you are tying me to the google post. I'm curious myself. I think it was his last but would not bet on it.

The page was too long to copy and paste. I couldn't find how to put in the URL so am sending not a link, just some words I think will take you to the page listing Marlon's great body of work. His final film was "Score" with the great Bobby DeNiro I believe, 5 years after Moreau. Some funny pics on the main page, one with Marlon in full Moreau character.

Let's see if this works.:

Marlon Brando Filmography - Wikipedia.com

Thomas Joseph

Aug 6, 2021, 6:53:44 PM8/6/21
I'm usually pretty good at this shit but today things are not running smoothly. At least they're running. I'm going to send this to my email first, then copy and paste it here after it's turned blue. No big deal, I enjoy scoping out the filmography (TV too) of some celebs. Sometimes I'll click on "early life" to get a true read on the celebrity, specifically whether or not it's a Jew. But also to see the body of work. Some guys, character types, you look at the stuff they were in, sometimes like 20 or 30 films a year - it's like they worked every day. And I'm sure they did. They are the ones who enable kingpins like Brando and Dean to flourish. Also listed for Marlon beyond his movies and TV appearances are some movies that were not finished or turned down by the discriminating perfectionist. I see he was offered William Holden's role in Sunset Blvd. I think he would have ruined the film. But we'll never know. One more reason to mourn Marlon's disappearance from earth. He was good. He was great. But he could have been even greater - he just didn't live long enough. I saw the spirit of James Dean floating across the TV screen yesterday while watching the "Celebrity Match Game" with the iconic Alec Baldwin hosting. I saw Jame's spirit crying out for acceptance, wanting so much to be a part of today's dynamic scene - Hanks, Cruise, Keanu, you name it. That's what made James Dean great. He not only wanted to be the best, he wanted to work with the best. His spirit weeps with a deep despairing loneliness mere mortal such as you and I could never imagine.

See if this works..........

Marlon Brando filmography - Wikipedia

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 7, 2021, 9:37:05 PM8/7/21
If Island of Moreau was not his last movie than it should have been.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 8, 2021, 3:53:15 AM8/8/21

> If Island of Moreau was not his last movie than it should have been.

They talk about the guy's great body of work but I think he made a lot of shit films. As a kid I went for it. I was new to it. I believed it. Wow. Look at Marlon in the motorcycle outfit - what an outlaw! I told you before - and I wouldn't blame you or anyone for not agreeing with me - Brando's best role was as Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls. He may have had a few others. It was a musical and there was none of the traditional overacting or hamming it up from Brando. It was probably closer to the real guy than any of his other 'roles'. That whole method crowd makes me sick. But I cannot be entirely against them because their buffoonery and failed attempts at being true artists (like me) has brought many years of pleasure to my life.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 10, 2021, 6:28:26 PM8/10/21
On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 3:53:15 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > If Island of Moreau was not his last movie than it should have been.
> They talk about the guy's great body of work but I think he made a lot of shit films. As a kid I went for it. I was new to it. I believed it. Wow. Look at Marlon in the motorcycle outfit - what an outlaw! I told you before - and I wouldn't blame you or anyone for not agreeing with me - Brando's best role was as Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls. He may have had a few others. It was a musical and there was none of the traditional overacting or hamming it up from Brando. It was probably closer to the real guy than any of his other 'roles'. That whole method crowd makes me sick. But I cannot be entirely against them because their buffoonery and failed attempts at being true artists (like me) has brought many years of pleasure to my life.

The Wild One is OK. Not great though. I require great. Get on it.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 10, 2021, 7:15:25 PM8/10/21

> The Wild One is OK. Not great though. I require great. Get on it.

It's one of those movies where the more times you see it the worse it gets. That is the case with most productions driven by method actors. They go from "Wow, this is neat", to, "Uh, not so bad", to, "This is pretty full of shit", to, "Man, this is downright embarrassing. That is usually the direction they go in if seen enough times.

"Yeah yeah, I know it's on tonight, but I'd rather not watch it because if I die soon I want to go out remembering it as a good movie, not the piece of trash it probably really is."

There are some movies I can watch multiple times, but I don't think any of them were method actor projects. There could be an exception. If so I don't want to know about it.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 11, 2021, 8:09:44 AM8/11/21
On the waterfront is another stinker. Smells worse each time I see it.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 11, 2021, 10:13:12 PM8/11/21

> On the waterfront is another stinker. Smells worse each time I see it.

I agree. Too preachy. Even the first time I saw it I felt that way. But I saw good stuff in it too. I liked the way it was filmed. But yes, each new viewing takes it down a peg. Funny, I was thinking about that movie just the other day. I was thinking about the dockworkers in the movie, that there was only one Black out of several hundred workers. He was seen a bunch but never spoke until near the end when Brando goes down and confronts John Friendly in the shack and they start throwing punches. Then the camera pans in on the Negro with Brando swinging away on John Friendly and he gets his one and only line in the movie: "Man, dat boy fighting just the way he used to." It was funny the way they used the only Black guy in the movie for this line, as if to say, "Hey, the guy is Black, he's got to know about boxing - let's give him this line." It reminded me of the time at the poolroom when a bunch of us were discussing different types of music - what's good, what's not, etc. - and I spotted Otis, a black regular sitting nearby who had not offered any opinions on the subject. I think I figured, "Hey, the guy is Black, he must know about music - so let's ask him", like I'm making him the final judge of the matter. I told you about him before. He was a slow talking guy, no nonsense, an honest guy. I turned to him and said, "How about you Otis, what kind of music do you like?", and Otis replied in his usual slow drawl, word for word, "Well, to tell you da truff Tommy Joe, I really don't likes music too much." It broke me up. It was funny how I exposed myself there, the way I wanted to use Otis as the final judge of music only to hear him come back at me with that one. I loved it.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2021, 8:40:29 PM8/12/21
On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 10:13:12 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On the waterfront is another stinker. Smells worse each time I see it.
> I agree. Too preachy. Even the first time I saw it I felt that way. But I saw good stuff in it too. I liked the way it was filmed. But yes, each new viewing takes it down a peg. Funny, I was thinking about that movie just the other day. I was thinking about the dockworkers in the movie, that there was only one Black out of several hundred workers. He was seen a bunch but never spoke until near the end when Brando goes down and confronts John Friendly in the shack and they start throwing punches. Then the camera pans in on the Negro with Brando swinging away on John Friendly and he gets his one and only line in the movie: "Man, dat boy fighting just the way he used to." It was funny the way they used the only Black guy in the movie for this line, as if to say, "Hey, the guy is Black, he's got to know about boxing - let's give him this line." It reminded me of the time at the poolroom when a bunch of us were discussing different types of music - what's good, what's not, etc. - and I spotted Otis, a black regular sitting nearby who had not offered any opinions on the subject. I think I figured, "Hey, the guy is Black, he must know about music - so let's ask him", like I'm making him the final judge of the matter. I told you about him before. He was a slow talking guy, no nonsense, an honest guy. I turned to him and said, "How about you Otis, what kind of music do you like?", and Otis replied in his usual slow drawl, word for word, "Well, to tell you da truff Tommy Joe, I really don't likes music too much." It broke me up. It was funny how I exposed myself there, the way I wanted to use Otis as the final judge of music only to hear him come back at me with that one. I loved it.

He broke the stereotype. I know the feeling. Like finding a black Trump supporter or a sober Mexican.

Judith Latham

Aug 12, 2021, 11:47:07 PM8/12/21
My oldest brother Howard attended Hebrew School and they had a
basketball team. When these two black brothers enrolled at the school,
everyone just assumed they were ions better at basketball than the other
kids. With pressure from all sides to join the team, the brothers signed
up. Naturally, they absolutely sucked. Because they had been so heavily
recruited, the team couldn't cut them; otherwise they would be a target
for practicing racism. Needless to say, the team was stuck with the only
2 negroes in New York who couldn't play basketball. They lost every game
that season but they did learn a valuable lesson. Those boys may have
been black but they were also Jews; and everyone knows that Jews suck at
sports.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 13, 2021, 12:08:43 AM8/13/21

> He broke the stereotype. I know the feeling. Like finding a black Trump supporter or a sober Mexican.

Especially after spending most of your life saying the opposite. It's a great feeling to be proven wrong, not by a human being, but by an incident, an observation, a momentary eye opener. I love it. It is so rare that I am wrong that when it happens I have to make the best of it. I don't have to try to enjoy it, it comes natural. I do enjoy being wrong. But only if it's not planned. It can't be planned. It has to be real like anything else, otherwise it sucks.

I'm telling you man, this is the real deal

Thomas Joseph

Aug 13, 2021, 12:18:06 AM8/13/21

> My oldest brother Howard attended Hebrew School and they had a
> basketball team. When these two black brothers enrolled at the school,
> everyone just assumed they were ions better at basketball than the other
> kids. With pressure from all sides to join the team, the brothers signed
> up. Naturally, they absolutely sucked. Because they had been so heavily
> recruited, the team couldn't cut them; otherwise they would be a target
> for practicing racism. Needless to say, the team was stuck with the only
> 2 negroes in New York who couldn't play basketball. They lost every game
> that season but they did learn a valuable lesson. Those boys may have
> been black but they were also Jews; and everyone knows that Jews suck at
> sports.

I am heavily into betting on sporting events. Who's better, man A or man B? I tried the race approach before, a method that seemed to work in the beginning but did not remain consistent. What you say here is very revealing. So it's not the race or nationality, it's the religion - or the cult or brotherhood or whatever. Yes, yes, that's it, that is it! So from now on no matter what color a guy's skin is, or where he is from, his ancestry, all that crap is out the window. From now on I am going to find out an athlete's religion before making the bet. If it's a team sport, like football with 11 starters per side, I will take the consensus majority religion and role with that. I do that sometimes with race in pro football, pick teams with lots of white guys. To me a racially balanced team is good. Each race brings something to the game. The Blacks bring mainly fast legs and trash talk to the game, and the whites bring the glue. They hold it together because their main contribution to the team besides obvious talent is restraint. The Negro is unrestrained, and that can be good. We need to let the dogs loose. But some restraint is good. That's where the whites come in. Sometimes there are exceptions of course, whites faster and more boisterous than the average Negro, or a Negro more restrained and thoughtful that the average white.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm an expert on such matters