Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

god is an atheist

28 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

captain biggles bin laden

no leída,
4 jun 2004, 2:49:23 a.m.4/6/04
para
elbows rest against bar; neon
reflected in wet eye-blinks.
why does god hate me, he asks.
bartender shrug - sets
up another; he's seen it all
before. ash floats (island
volcanoes extinct) within
a puddled sea. lifts
his head, rolls eyes and
says have faith, because
god is an atheist.

---
"All I really wanted was to drag him, kicking
and screaming, into the 21st Century. How
could I know he had an allergy to knives?"
- St. Alia Von.

---
alt.CMMCollective: #0042 of 0069
"Mooching is Irrelevent."

---
"First, empty but a drop upon the holy shrine.
This is the part by which the sacrifice is made.
Offer thy thanks, and rid thyself of malice.
Call upon his name, and feel the blessings of
the Coke God as the nectar of life do flood thy
mouth." - St. Alia Von, From Rituals of a Coke
Drinker, 1998 ver 1.2.

---
"You have basically taken over this newsgroup with peurile postings
and trolls, and I just give up." - Whigglesworth

"C for Cocksucker I guess...what an arrogant pig fucking asshole." - Kaptain

---
Brought to you by http://swampboy.blogspot.com/

---
"that sig is my load, and i'm a
road train." - The Lost Trucker.

Judith Latham

no leída,
17 oct 2021, 6:09:00 p.m.17/10/21
para
Today's poets are so much more creative than the assholes who once
posted here in 2004. Thank you guys.

Thomas Joseph

no leída,
17 oct 2021, 6:23:44 p.m.17/10/21
para

> Today's poets are so much more creative than the assholes who once
> posted here in 2004. Thank you guys.

Let's get one thing straight here. We are a very open group. Very all inclusive. But we don't appreciate people dragging other groups into ours without telling us who they are. What group did this come from? I am not a poetry lover although I am a poet at heart - it shows up in everything I do. Still I would like to check out the group, if I haven't already. Used to be a guy who posted here named Jeffrey Jewett, aka Pens and Pads, who frequented a poetry group. You seem to be lost Judith - going here and there, one group to another looking not just for acceptance but some kind of long term relationship, using whatever group you're in at the moment as a stepping stone to what your limited brain sees as newer and better things. I have a feeling you are using us. That's why sometimes I'll come aboard the group and see only one post from you. I wonder why. Then I realize it's because "She's all over the place, this group and that, trying to find a place to fit in - to fit in and then, if possible, possible but doubtful, to overtake the group and become its leader. That's really what you're after, isn't it Judith - a home, just a place to call your own - in the meantime worming your way to the top, or giving it your best effort in your pathetic earthly bid to become Queen of Something.

Judith Latham

no leída,
25 oct 2021, 12:10:30 p.m.25/10/21
para
That poem was first posted in this group June 4, 2004. I'm trying to
catch up on old posts so I'll know what you guys are talking about when
you start "in the old days". As you can see, you are far more talented
than the author of that poem.

Thomas Joseph

no leída,
25 oct 2021, 8:07:11 p.m.25/10/21
para

> That poem was first posted in this group June 4, 2004. I'm trying to
> catch up on old posts so I'll know what you guys are talking about when
> you start "in the old days". As you can see, you are far more talented
> than the author of that poem.

I sometimes pump in alt.comedy.standup into the google bar and get some old posts from the past but have not learned a way to get them chronologically. They are there, that's for sure. Nothing is ever deleted from the newsgroups. I think even if you started one you would not be able to delete it. But I do like looking at some of the older posts. I came late to this group, can't remember when exactly. I don't remember Captain Biggles bin Laden. The old comedy group was a booming spot. But it was fragmented as are all newsgroups to some degree. The food group seems to be hanging together pretty well. I used to go to alt.obituaries too, but they have changed. New names. A different vibe. Maybe some of the people who used to post into the obituaries group no longer do so because they have had their own obituaries. Thanks for the compliment. I mean, being more talented than Mr. Biggles bin Laden, that's saying something. On the other hand the older I get the more I think talent is over rated, especially at the highest levels, as in professional athletics and so forth. They are all talented. Talent only get a person so far. To go further they will need the intangibles along with other things I never much cared for such as dedication and sacrifice and fortitude. Talent sucks. It took an odd form of talent for me to finally be able to see that.

bosod...@gmail.com

no leída,
29 oct 2021, 5:43:40 p.m.29/10/21
para
I'm a compulsive editor.
I'd rewrite your thread title and call it — "god is an atheist and doesn't believe in Me"

Thomas Joseph

no leída,
29 oct 2021, 5:52:04 p.m.29/10/21
para

> I'd rewrite your thread title and call it — "god is an atheist and doesn't believe in Me"

Must have been a lot of mental misfits posting into this group way back when. I think at one time, based on some of the posts I've seen along with the group's name - life sucks - that a lot of suicidal people hung out here. People who dwell on God a lot can be easily profiled as suicidal. I anxiously await your first rewrite. Now please get to it.

bosod...@gmail.com

no leída,
29 oct 2021, 6:05:10 p.m.29/10/21
para
On Friday, October 29, 2021 at 2:52:04 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I'd rewrite your thread title and call it — "god is an atheist and doesn't believe in Me"
> Must have been a lot of mental misfits posting into this group way back when. I think at one time, based on some of the posts I've seen along with the group's name - life sucks - that a lot of suicidal people hung out here. People who dwell on God a lot can be easily profiled as suicidal. I anxiously await your first rewrite. Now please get to it.

https://groups.google.com/g/ba.broadcast/c/gBFHb-uewlI

Thomas Joseph

no leída,
29 oct 2021, 6:31:06 p.m.29/10/21
para
bosod...@gmail.com wrote:

> Ras, you're smart and a good writer and all, but are you emotionally fucked up! Too bad. I'd say take your meds and hope you get better but I don't think so and prolly neither do you. Good luck.

https://groups.google.com/g/ba.broadcast/c/gBFHb-uewlI

I say the same about Colonel Jake and a few other newsgroup nut jobs I've seen over time. Sure, they may be emotionally fucked up but sometimes the writing is good. But for me the subject matter sucks. Too much a one way road. These people become easily obsessed, usually with political or religious themed bullshit. That would be ok if only they'd become more obsessed with stuff I care about. Bastards!

0 mensajes nuevos