Exactly one hour ago

Thomas Joseph

May 13, 2021, 2:48:39 PM5/13/21
Exactly one hour ago I checked into this newsgroup and found no posts. I turned to my imaginary friend and said, "I'll be anything you want that Ollie posts within the hour."

"I'm good with that", my friend replied, "let's mark the time." And we did. It was 1:11pm exactly. Every ten minutes I'd check the group. No progress. But I still have time. We always have time. It never runs out. Don't give up, don't ever give up = that's my message.

Now we were down to one minute to go. We were in the newsgroup with me pounding the refresh button every 5 seconds. My friend began to laugh and gloat. "It's not over yet", I boomed, all the way thinking for sure it was.

Then I saw post number one come through. The time? 2:11pm on the nose. I beat the time. I had an hour and that's exactly what it took, almost as if I were psychic. I won the bet as always - but haven't been paid yet. But don't worry, I'll get the son of a bitch. One way or the other he's going to pay.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 14, 2021, 7:55:37 PM5/14/21
I am sick today. Laid in bed. Got an earache. I feel like shit. But I post anyway. I care.

Thomas Joseph

May 16, 2021, 5:38:21 PM5/16/21

> I am sick today. Laid in bed. Got an earache. I feel like shit. But I post anyway. I care.

No way am I trying to outdo you, but today I got out of this building for the first time since Thursday 10 days ago. I walked 5 minutes uptown and 5 back and it was a big deal. I'm amazed I can still walk after all that time in bed. I will not complain for the simple obvious reason that I volunteered for the bed, it didn't reach out and snag me. Most of my problems which thankfully are not many in number are of my own doing. I was too out of it, unable to sleep for 2 days, just lying there, too tired to go out and get food - wondering how long it takes to starve to death or get sick from it (and not wanting to go there). So today I got out and out. But as I lay in bed all those days, the past 3 especially, I wondered often to the point of not being able to sleep, "I wonder how Ollie is handling the Josephlessness in his life right now." Then I wondered, "Maybe Ollie will think I found a better newsgroup. Ok the truth is out. I found a great one. Very active. I would love to give you their address but I don't want you to go there and destroy the place. I want to be the one who does it.

Thomas Joseph

May 16, 2021, 5:44:06 PM5/16/21

> I am sick today. Laid in bed. Got an earache. I feel like shit. But I post anyway. I care.

Caring is good. I saw today a survey that said 10,000 people were asked if they care and all but 4 said yes. So you are not alone. A lot of people care. They care so much they want to be first in line to help. This is often referred to as the "first responder gold rush". Everyone in the world cares and craves peace on earth good will toward all men. But they want it established their way or no way at all. That is how war starts, arguments over how to implement peace. Earache, eh? Only had one in my life - a big one. Same with a toothache. I've had small aches and pains but only one real "tooth attack" in my life - same with ear attacks. No fun throbbing from the top of you head down into the shoulder blades.

DO YOU HEAR ME?

OllieN...@aol.com

May 17, 2021, 2:01:41 PM5/17/21
I have always had earaches. I am prone to them. I would have been dead meat before antibiotics. Maybe I am dead meat just preserved.

Thomas Joseph

May 17, 2021, 3:35:55 PM5/17/21

> I have always had earaches. I am prone to them. I would have been dead meat before antibiotics. Maybe I am dead meat just preserved.

"Get your canned dead meat here!" Prone to earaches. Weird. I was always prone to sore throats - probably because I smoked a lot as a kid. Only one ear ache in my life - but it was the real deal. I needed the antibiotics. Who knows, maybe your parents used a lot of antibiotics and you need more of them as a result. Blame your parents. Take them to court. Drag them in if you have to.

By the way, I know I am looking for excuses to not give doctors or even science any credit - not that I need excuses. I do believe too many drugs are going into people's bodies. But I am not an activist against it. I know everyone is different and some people really need mediation. But I also know that many people use meds they only think they need. Going to the dentist tomorrow. I dread it. Will try to explain where my tooth hurts. Point it out to them just to hear them say, "I don't see anything." I dread the potential conflict. Every time I go in I come out worse. So now here we go again. I want this tooth shored up, holes filled, whatever it takes. Once that is done - if it's done - I will not go back for any work unless pain drives me to it.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 18, 2021, 1:50:53 AM5/18/21
I tried to tough this out but it wasn't getting better. I guess in the old days you just took it till the ear exploded and puss and shit spewed out. Then it scared over and was never infected again. Or it killed you. What a choice.

Thomas Joseph

May 18, 2021, 2:00:43 PM5/18/21
> I tried to tough this out but it wasn't getting better. I guess in the old days you just took it till the ear exploded and puss and shit spewed out. Then it scarred over and was never infected again. Or it killed you. What a choice.

I am not Mr. Tough Guy. Not by a long shot. I will take meds when needed but don't want to build a tolerance to them. Your comments about ‘scarring over’ are how I feel about having a heart attack or a stroke. I believe a person can have either and not know it. It’s a medical fact, it happens. Sometimes the body creates new veins. I might be lying in bed feeling a bit odd in the chest - anxiety, whatever - wondering what I will do if it gets worse. Will I call the hospital? Yes, when I can’t get air or the pain becomes unbearable.

I seriously wonder how many times in our lives our bodies have repaired themselves and we didn’t even know something was wrong. If we went to the hospital for everything we might be dead today. Twice in the past 5 years I went through a 4 or 5 day period where I felt sort of dizzy, like I was leaning to one side when I walked, sometimes having to stop and prop myself up against a building till things felt right. Then I'd continue on my way. It went away on its own. Had I gone to the hospital, who is to say what would have happened? It could have, probably would have, resulted in a bunch of unnecessary tests yielding no answers along with a bunch of unnecessary medications to turn my body to mush. Who really knows? So believe me I am not against getting help when needed. The earache I had, and the lone toothache when I was 17 - bad, real bad, punching the walls, howling, moaning around in the bed - yes, I would go to the hospital for those if only to get something for the pain.

I have so little faith in doctors I sometimes actually wish for my ailments to get worse so they become bad enough to be ID'd instead of coming away in a mystery. I remember years ago driving cab I had a cough that would not go away. It messed bad with my sleep, which already sucked. It went on a few weeks before I vowed to hit the emergency room. I was in the cab telling a regular customer about it. I told her I was hoping I had pneumonia. She said, "Are you fucking joking?", then added, "bullshit, you don't really wish that." I told her I most certainly do. "I know pneumonia can be a bad thing", I told her, "but at least they know what it is and what to do with it." I was serious. Well, I went to the emergency room and they took X-rays and so forth and I did not have pneumonia. Now I was really worried. "Are they going to find anything? What are they going to do?" They gave me 4 prescriptions, 3 of which I knew would not work because I had already taken them. The final 'script was a 5 day jolt of steroids. That night I went to the all nite pharmacy nearby to cash the scripts. The pharmacist looked at them and said, "Wow. You know, there's a lot of people coming in the past few weeks with these exact scripts." I liked that the guy was observant and willing to talk about it. It took another week or so for it to leave and I'm not sure the 'roids had anything to do with it, although they probably did.

Too tough to claim to be tough. I aint tough but the tough don't fuck with me.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 19, 2021, 11:16:24 PM5/19/21
My ear is getting better. Anti biotics are great. But is the bacteria really tougher than the old days because of them? Was there a time when we could have easily resisted on our own? Was it all a setup?

Thomas Joseph

May 20, 2021, 5:28:13 PM5/20/21

> My ear is getting better. Anti biotics are great. But is the bacteria really tougher than the old days because of them? Was there a time when we could have easily resisted on our own? Was it all a setup?

I am glad your ear is better. Now you can listen to everything I say and fully abzorb it. I have taken antibiotics, but only when I felt I needed them. I do not want to build the tolerance. I have been prescribed antibiotics I never cashed because I didn't feel the need. Good to cash them in anyway to have them around for something later. The dentist is a good example. They pulled a tooth and gave me a really small script for pain (not needed but also great to have on hand), plus antibiotics. I cashed both but never took the antibiotics. Why? Just because they say so? You had an earache. That is reason enough to take them. But I don't take them just because they say I should. I do believe we get used to all this shit. They say we are what we eat. If this is true it must also apply to medications. I am not Mr. Tough Guy or Mr. Back to Nature, but I will resist taking anything into my body that must become a full-time resident in order to work. I won't take any pills that must be taken every day. At some point maybe - but right now no.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 20, 2021, 8:56:47 PM5/20/21
On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 5:28:13 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > My ear is getting better. Anti biotics are great. But is the bacteria really tougher than the old days because of them? Was there a time when we could have easily resisted on our own? Was it all a setup?
> I am glad your ear is better. Now you can listen to everything I say and fully abzorb it. I have taken antibiotics, but only when I felt I needed them. I do not want to build the tolerance. I have been prescribed antibiotics I never cashed because I didn't feel the need. Good to cash them in anyway to have them around for something later. The dentist is a good example. They pulled a tooth and gave me a really small script for pain (not needed but also great to have on hand), plus antibiotics. I cashed both but never took the antibiotics. Why? Just because they say so? You had an earache. That is reason enough to take them. But I don't take them just because they say I should. I do believe we get used to all this shit. They say we are what we eat. If this is true it must also apply to medications. I am not Mr. Tough Guy or Mr. Back to Nature, but I will resist taking anything into my body that must become a full-time resident in order to work. I won't take any pills that must be taken every day. At some point maybe - but right now no.

My ears are bad. Like a birth defect. Always have trouble with them. I need special privileges because of it. I am a victim.

Thomas Joseph

May 21, 2021, 4:15:27 PM5/21/21

> My ears are bad. Like a birth defect. Always have trouble with them. I need special privileges because of it. I am a victim.

Probably all that surfing you used to do. Maybe you got some jelly fish eggs in your ears. No really though, think back. When did the ear aches first start? See, these are the kinds of questions I would ask if I were a doctor. I would get to the bottom of your problem. No machines. No graphs. No beeping lights and a bunch of numbers. Strictly intuitive stuff - because as you well know I am an intuitive genius.

"What was that you said? Something about special privileges? Speak up, I can't hear you. You are not coming through. Repeat: You are not coming through."

OllieN...@aol.com

May 21, 2021, 11:14:29 PM5/21/21
I got them way before I ever surfed. Got them as a little kid. This goes way back and deep. Like the JFK assasination. I know it is all related. The grassy knoll and my inner ear. All part of that big one soul.

Thomas Joseph

May 22, 2021, 2:19:04 PM5/22/21

> I got them way before I ever surfed. Got them as a little kid. This goes way back and deep. Like the JFK assasination. I know it is all related. The grassy knoll and my inner ear. All part of that big one soul.

Well, you may not be on the mark with your conspiracy theory, but there is a conspiracy, no doubt about that. Perhaps together we can figure it out, maybe even do something about it. Of course your ear problem is a walking twilight zone episode with you offering to exchange it for something else - migraine headaches, allergies, asthma, you name it. As bad as your ear problems are, let's be honest in our assessment as we struggle to find answers - it could always be worse. Your ears could actually be your strong point, not your weak point as you assume. You see, because your ears are so strong they volunteer to take on every nasty predator other parts of your body are dealing with. Your earaches are the result of friendly germs in your ears taking up the fight for other less strong parts of your body. Your ears are your saviors.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 22, 2021, 7:37:39 PM5/22/21
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:19:04 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I got them way before I ever surfed. Got them as a little kid. This goes way back and deep. Like the JFK assasination. I know it is all related. The grassy knoll and my inner ear. All part of that big one soul.
> Well, you may not be on the mark with your conspiracy theory, but there is a conspiracy, no doubt about that. Perhaps together we can figure it out, maybe even do something about it. Of course your ear problem is a walking twilight zone episode with you offering to exchange it for something else - migraine headaches, allergies, asthma, you name it. As bad as your ear problems are, let's be honest in our assessment as we struggle to find answers - it could always be worse. Your ears could actually be your strong point, not your weak point as you assume. You see, because your ears are so strong they volunteer to take on every nasty predator other parts of your body are dealing with. Your earaches are the result of friendly germs in your ears taking up the fight for other less strong parts of your body. Your ears are your saviors.

I think it is a birth defect. Something went wrong when I was in the womb. I want answers. Who can help me? Tell me!

Thomas Joseph

May 22, 2021, 11:59:23 PM5/22/21

> I think it is a birth defect. Something went wrong when I was in the womb. I want answers. Who can help me? Tell me!

Funny thing, I was thinking about the womb tonight after seeing a hen on a sitcom lay a few eggs. I began to wonder about creatures born in eggs. They provide protection, don't they? But they are also very visible to predators. Imagine being in an egg, just coming to life, ready to burst free, kicking those legs, thrashing all about to bust out when all of a sudden a giant set of teeth descend on you and chew you in half with one chomp. Would you feel it? Oh hell yes. I don't care how quick it happens, you always feel it. Also, remember - whatever happens to an egg creature can just as easily happen to one in a womb.

Thomas Joseph

May 23, 2021, 2:19:16 PM5/23/21

I looked at that egg and thought of ostriches and other cousins to the dinosaur. I wondered, does the egg have any benefit over the rawness of womb birth? How about the cocoon? Humans are womb babies. But was it always that way? I mean way back, prehistoric days. Maybe we laid eggs then too. I say this because it's really hard to imagine a human baby making it in the wild without it's parents. Come on man, it takes them more than a year to learn how to walk, how are they going to make it in the wild? At least when creatures burst out of their eggs they are ready to face the world. I wonder, really, if you took a million infants and put them in the forest, would any of them make it to the point of being able to walk? It's hard to imagine. Some creatures have to adapt fast. Lobsters for example. I read that mother lobsters give baby lobsters approximately one day to learn how to get around on their own, and if they don't she eats them. Anyway, I guess there is something to be said for the egg.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 23, 2021, 6:31:17 PM5/23/21
On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 2:19:16 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> I looked at that egg and thought of ostriches and other cousins to the dinosaur. I wondered, does the egg have any benefit over the rawness of womb birth? How about the cocoon? Humans are womb babies. But was it always that way? I mean way back, prehistoric days. Maybe we laid eggs then too. I say this because it's really hard to imagine a human baby making it in the wild without it's parents. Come on man, it takes them more than a year to learn how to walk, how are they going to make it in the wild? At least when creatures burst out of their eggs they are ready to face the world. I wonder, really, if you took a million infants and put them in the forest, would any of them make it to the point of being able to walk? It's hard to imagine. Some creatures have to adapt fast. Lobsters for example. I read that mother lobsters give baby lobsters approximately one day to learn how to get around on their own, and if they don't she eats them. Anyway, I guess there is something to be said for the egg.

Some animals have to hit it running. The human baby takes the longest it seems. May be other animals as slow to get started. But humans once we get going we do not stop.

Thomas Joseph

May 23, 2021, 7:55:01 PM5/23/21

> Some animals have to hit it running. The human baby takes the longest it seems. May be other animals as slow to get started. But humans once we get going we do not stop.

Stories about human raised by wild animals are always interesting even if they probably are pure fiction. I suppose it's possible. It would have to be for a human infant to have any kind of chance. Yes, once we get started we are hard to stop. But can we get started on our own. The more evolved we become the weaker we get. How many millions of human infants must die alone in the forest for one to make it out alive? Tarzan of the Apes style. I don't think it's possible. If Dr. Moreau were alive I'd ask him. Maybe Mr. Shit knows. He knew Moreau personally.

OllieN...@aol.com

May 24, 2021, 5:32:29 PM5/24/21
On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:55:01 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Some animals have to hit it running. The human baby takes the longest it seems. May be other animals as slow to get started. But humans once survivazwe get going we do not stop.
> Stories about human raised by wild animals are always interesting even if they probably are pure fiction. I suppose it's possible. It would have to be for a human infant to have any kind of chance. Yes, once we get started we are hard to stop. But can we get started on our own. The more evolved we become the weaker we get. How many millions of human infants must die alone in the forest for one to make it out alive? Tarzan of the Apes style. I don't think it's possible. If Dr. Moreau were alive I'd ask him. Maybe Mr. Shit knows. He knew Moreau personally.

Evolution has been a detriment to wild survival of humans. We require much care until we are about 40 yeas old. At the time our 2nd divorce is final.

Thomas Joseph

May 24, 2021, 6:49:36 PM5/24/21

> Evolution has been a detriment to wild survival of humans. We require much care until we are about 40 yeas old. At the time our 2nd divorce is final.

Some animals are not wired to attack. A deer for instance. I'm sure it has defenses, but mostly it's a runner. I remember one night walking home 3 miles after driving the cab and passing a large deer on the lawn of a home I was passing. It was a big one. My first thought was, "Man, if that thing wanted to it could probably bowl me over if it decided to charge." But the deer is not wired that way. Lots of animals, even small ones, would give humans a hard time in the wild. Raccoons, groundhogs - they can boogey down when backed into a corner. And on a worldwide basis let's not forget the ostrich and the emu. Those fuckers can kick a human to pieces if they feel the need. Yes the more advanced we become the more help we need to stay alive. I suppose if a thousand 5 year old kids were set loose on a jungle island there would be a few survivors 5 years down the road. But an infant? I find that hard to believe. The only way to know for sure is to experiment. These are the kind of experiments most find horrific or needless unless something good comes from them. We are germs, all of us. I know it. Most Australian aborigines did not die in out and out attacks from the British, most died from illnesses the Brits brought with them to the island. Same with American indians.

Quite a success story for all who live

OllieN...@aol.com

May 25, 2021, 4:31:36 PM5/25/21
The Nazis using Jews had the freedom to try wild shit. Maybe they did do an experiment with kids to see how young they can be and survive. Of course using Jew kids is not the same as negroes.

Thomas Joseph

May 25, 2021, 4:38:27 PM5/25/21

> The Nazis using Jews had the freedom to try wild shit. Maybe they did do an experiment with kids to see how young they can be and survive. Of course using Jew kids is not the same as negroes.

I think we've got a false reading here, Joe. I'll ask them. Whoops, seems like they used Jews and Negroes in their experiments. The reading were probably accurate but apply only to Jews and Negroes. We need more White guinea pigs. We will use them for valuable research. Nothing involving death. We only have so many whites. We're going to need to reuse them.

Judith Latham

Aug 9, 2021, 3:35:45 PM8/9/21
On 5/25/2021 4:38 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> The Nazis using Jews had the freedom to try wild shit. Maybe they did do an experiment with kids to see how young they can be and survive. Of course using Jew kids is not the same as negroes.
>

> I think we've got a false reading here, Joe. I'll ask them. Whoops, seems like they used Jews and Negroes in their experiments. The reading were probably accurate but apply only to Jews and Negroes. We need more White guinea pigs. We will use them for valuable research. Nothing involving death. We only have so many whites. We're going to need to reuse them.

When is comes to guinea pigs, nobody works better than a negroe. They're
strong, they're talented, but they have no friggin brains. Experiment
away if you wish. Save the Jews for things they're good at, like
scrubbing the streets clean as they did in Austria circa 1938

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 9, 2021, 4:36:29 PM8/9/21
Hitler was concerned that the Jews had forgotten what menial work was like. he wanted them to experience it so they would be more compassionate. It worked. Look how compassionate they treat the Palenstinians.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 9, 2021, 7:00:21 PM8/9/21

> Hitler was concerned that the Jews had forgotten what menial work was like. he wanted them to experience it so they would be more compassionate. It worked. Look how compassionate they treat the Palenstinians.

Everyone could use a little menial labor now and then. When I was in the reform school there were many chores for different guys. But in the morning everybody scrubbed the big marble floors. Or maybe they were concrete, but they were large squares and they were strong. We got down with buckets of soap and water and scrubbed the floor with soft bristled brushes. Then we ran soapy rags over the squares. Then clear water to rinse it off. On our knees rolling out and back in, really giving the stomach a great workout, which of course I did not think about at the time. Then dry rags were dragged out across the damp squares. No talking was allowed. So there were like 50 guys all down with their own buckets of water and soap and rags and brushes, yet although they were together there was a blissful moment of solitude to the chore. I always thought when I was younger if I had enough money I'd buy a small pickup truck to haul janitorial equipment around to businesses closed for the night with no one around, just you and the job, ear phones on or talking out loud to yourself with no one over your shoulder. Of course it's a job so you've got to know there's something about it that sucks big time - but to me it always seemed like if I had to work it wouldn't be a bad way to go. But only at night in places that are closed where I can do what I want while doing a really good job.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 10, 2021, 6:10:25 PM8/10/21
On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 7:00:21 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hitler was concerned that the Jews had forgotten what menial work was like. he wanted them to experience it so they would be more compassionate. It worked. Look how compassionate they treat the Palenstinians.
> Everyone could use a little menial labor now and then. When I was in the reform school there were many chores for different guys. But in the morning everybody scrubbed the big marble floors. Or maybe they were concrete, but they were large squares and they were strong. We got down with buckets of soap and water and scrubbed the floor with soft bristled brushes. Then we ran soapy rags over the squares. Then clear water to rinse it off. On our knees rolling out and back in, really giving the stomach a great workout, which of course I did not think about at the time. Then dry rags were dragged out across the damp squares. No talking was allowed. So there were like 50 guys all down with their own buckets of water and soap and rags and brushes, yet although they were together there was a blissful moment of solitude to the chore. I always thought when I was younger if I had enough money I'd buy a small pickup truck to haul janitorial equipment around to businesses closed for the night with no one around, just you and the job, ear phones on or talking out loud to yourself with no one over your shoulder. Of course it's a job so you've got to know there's something about it that sucks big time - but to me it always seemed like if I had to work it wouldn't be a bad way to go. But only at night in places that are closed where I can do what I want while doing a really good job.

Many people believe negroes did those jobs because they were menial but the negro had figured out they were the best jobs.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 11, 2021, 10:54:16 PM8/11/21

> Many people believe negroes did those jobs because they were menial but the negro had figured out they were the best jobs.

All jobs suck and I suspect some of the ones that get the most hype suck the worst. And vice versa. Yep, I never wanted to work. Hated it from day one. But I worked good. I was a good worker and am proud of it. If I can't get a job that gives me some sense of fulfillment - and that was never likely - then I'll take one regardless of pay that gives me the most freedom without someone looking over my shoulder or shouting instructions all day long.

Judith Latham

Aug 11, 2021, 11:23:36 PM8/11/21
On 8/11/2021 10:54 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> Many people believe negroes did those jobs because they were menial but the negro had figured out they were the best jobs.
>

> All jobs suck and I suspect some of the ones that get the most hype suck the worst. And vice versa. Yep, I never wanted to work. Hated it from day one. But I worked good. I was a good worker and am proud of it. If I can't get a job that gives me some sense of fulfillment - and that was never likely - then I'll take one regardless of pay that gives me the most freedom without someone looking over my shoulder or shouting instructions all day long.

The best paying jobs are the ones where you are the one looking over
other's shoulders. The harder you work, the less you'll make. Look at
any restaurant. The person making the most money is the maitre de, who
doesn't do shit except escort you to your seats (something you can have
easily done yourself). The hardest worker and the one who earns the
least is the dish-washer. Can you blame negroes for being so lazy? On
the plantation, the over-seer made all the money that was going to be
made. Thank God this country has Mexicans, who are too stupid to realize
the streets aren't paved with gold and that somebody has to do the dirty
work, and that somebody is them.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 13, 2021, 12:57:34 AM8/13/21

> The best paying jobs are the ones where you are the one looking over
> other's shoulders. The harder you work, the less you'll make. Look at
> any restaurant. The person making the most money is the maitre de, who
> doesn't do shit except escort you to your seats (something you can have
> easily done yourself). The hardest worker and the one who earns the
> least is the dish-washer. Can you blame negroes for being so lazy? On
> the plantation, the over-seer made all the money that was going to be
> made. Thank God this country has Mexicans, who are too stupid to realize
> the streets aren't paved with gold and that somebody has to do the dirty
> work, and that somebody is them.

Doing nothing is great - on your off time. But in the workplace I do not like people who find pretending to work easier than working for real. I do not think looking over someone's shoulder is an easy job. Not for me it isn't. Some may strive for it, but I think most know they're in a trap when it happens. Sometimes being low man on the pole is the way to go. Give me a million bucks, I'll take it this minute. But work for it? Strive for it? No way. I always worked for the weekend, nothing more. Never needed a car. Owned 11 of them and never paid over $100 for a single one. I would love to own a car and have it financed and maintained for me. I'd like a lot of material things. But I'm not searching for them. It's TMA. Too Much Aggravation.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 14, 2021, 12:03:12 AM8/14/21
Everyone of those cars harmed the climate. You will be getting a carbon tax bill for each one plus interest. It is exactly one million dollars.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 14, 2021, 5:50:56 PM8/14/21

> Everyone of those cars harmed the climate. You will be getting a carbon tax bill for each one plus interest. It is exactly one million dollars.

I've got the cash. Please don't tell anyone, especially The Hogg and Greta.

I'll bet those cars were no more damaging to the environment than the crap out there today. Except for one, the 55 Chevy I was driving from PA back to my hometown of Hollywood California. I had my friend Ray Showers with me. We bummed gas money the whole way. Rest stops and outside restaurants mainly. Some people would fill us up using credit cards.

Anyway, we were broke. We were standing outside a gas station somewhere in Arizona when the proprietor came out and said, "Hey, if you guys are looking for money, that guy over there might need some help", he said, pointing to a guy taking a small airplane apart in the desert.

The guy agreed to give us $10 each if we helped him carry wood and stuff. I know he didn't really need us but we didn't get in his way either. A sand storm came along. I had never been in one before. I was panicked. "Put your shirt over your face", the main guy yelled. I had never even thought of it. I guess panic and thought don't go well together.

Anyway, when we were done I asked if we could get just a bit more money as we were going to use the cash for gas and we were hungry too. He said he couldn't do it but would help us out with gas. "I'll give you some aviation fuel", he said.

"Is that ok in a car?", I asked. He said it's not supposed to be but it'll get us where we're going. And he was right. But just as we were pulling into L.A. massive billows of black smoke started pouring out of the tailpipe. Worse than I'd ever seen it from any car. I was amazed we made it without getting stopped by the cops. I parked the car near where I lived at the time. On a hill. I tried to start it and it wouldn't start. It was shot.

A week later I played a guy a race to 10 in the game of nine ball, his $50 against my car. I told him it doesn't run. He said he didn't care. I had to spot him some balls as I was better than he was. I lost the car. I could have got maybe $25 from a tow yard but I considered it a goner anyway. So there's another one of the 11 cars I bought that I never sold. I never sold a car in my life. Never sold much of anything. And I'm fucking proud of it.

Man, that smoke. You'd have had to seen to believe it. I was intense. Aviation fuel, LOL. High Octane. Smoking hot. Ready to roll. Heavy duty. Like Elon Musk or the Bezos guy without all the money.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 14, 2021, 7:34:18 PM8/14/21
I have had several cars brand new. Very fortunate. Of course I paid a lot along the way for it. Some of the new ones were low cost. Also I always made great deals. Well mostly. I did get ripped at least once. But learned from it. It was educational.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 15, 2021, 12:29:00 AM8/15/21

> I have had several cars brand new. Very fortunate. Of course I paid a lot along the way for it. Some of the new ones were low cost. Also I always made great deals. Well mostly. I did get ripped at least once. But learned from it. It was educational.

I know nothing about cars although as a cab driver I can tell you I have experienced probably everything that can go wrong with a car. I just don't know how to fix them and never cared to learn. I am easy to rip off but came around at the right time, a small window of time, when used cars that ran really good were available at low cost. Once something went wrong, that it was, the car was gone. Sometimes I'd get lucky, find someone to help me out. I'd pay, I just couldn't afford to go to regular shops. It pissed me off. But imagine how much more it would have pissed me off if I put myself in a position where I actually needed the car - like to get to work or whatever. So I was lucky with cars. Hell, of the 11 two were given to me - no cost at all. One needed a tire and a battery, which I stole from a single car. I was young, let's forget it, ok? The other was a 55 Ford I drove to Arizona where it broke down. I knew it was going. A great engine, but it needed oil every 50 miles. I am not exaggerating. Every 50 miles. I stopped in a gas station in Oklahoma along the route where a guy had a big school bus on the bay and was draining it's oil. It was black. I asked how much oil cost and the guy said, "You can have this for free, it'll get you where you're going." He was right. It will get me where I'm going, and where I'm going is when the car decides it's had enough. It was free. It was worth it. Oh, also, the car had a front window that was broken. It was down about halfway and could not be changed. It was cold out. I wrapped myself in a big blanket like a mummy with the only bare spot on my body was a small slit for my eyes to see out of. The blanket was flapping in the wind as it came roaring into the car. Made me feel like I was flying. A magic blanket kind of thing.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 15, 2021, 7:48:09 PM8/15/21
On Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 12:29:00 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have had several cars brand new. Very fortunate. Of course I paid a lot along the way for it. Some of the new ones were low cost. Also I always made great deals. Well mostly. I did get ripped at least once. But learned from it. It was educational.
> I know nothing about cars although as a cab driver I can tell you I have experienced probably everything that can go wrong with a car. I just don't know how to fix them and never cared to learn. I am easy to rip off but came around at the right time, a small window of time, when used cars that ran really good were available at low cost. Once something went wrong, that it was, the car was gone. Sometimes I'd get lucky, find someone to help me out. I'd pay, I just couldn't afford to go to regular shops. It pissed me off. But imagine how much more it would have pissed me off if I put myself in a position where I actually needed the car - like to get to work or whatever. So I was lucky with cars. Hell, of the 11 two were given to me - no cost at all. One needed a tire and a battery, which I stole from a single car. I was young, let's forget it, ok? The other was a 55 Ford I drove to Arizona where it broke down. I knew it was going. A great engine, but it needed oil every 50 miles. I am not exaggerating. Every 50 miles. I stopped in a gas station in Oklahoma along the route where a guy had a big school bus on the bay and was draining it's oil. It was black. I asked how much oil cost and the guy said, "You can have this for free, it'll get you where you're going." He was right. It will get me where I'm going, and where I'm going is when the car decides it's had enough. It was free. It was worth it. Oh, also, the car had a front window that was broken. It was down about halfway and could not be changed. It was cold out. I wrapped myself in a big blanket like a mummy with the only bare spot on my body was a small slit for my eyes to see out of. The blanket was flapping in the wind as it came roaring into the car. Made me feel like I was flying. A magic blanket kind of thing.

Like Lawrence of Arabia upon his Steed of steel. Fighting the Young Turks. Making the desert safe for British oil companies. You are history.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 15, 2021, 8:48:03 PM8/15/21

> Like Lawrence of Arabia upon his Steed of steel. Fighting the Young Turks. Making the desert safe for British oil companies. You are history.

Thank you. I had people pass me and look over. Lots of double takes. It was still a luxury I guess. Imagine no blanket. Or no car. Or all 4 windows broken all the way down. It was shelter man. I was sheltered. Sheltered from the storm.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 17, 2021, 1:44:48 PM8/17/21
On Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 8:48:03 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Like Lawrence of Arabia upon his Steed of steel. Fighting the Young Turks. Making the desert safe for British oil companies. You are history.
> Thank you. I had people pass me and look over. Lots of double takes. It was still a luxury I guess. Imagine no blanket. Or no car. Or all 4 windows broken all the way down. It was shelter man. I was sheltered. Sheltered from the storm.

It is these tender mercies that make life bearable. It can not always be cruel and unknowing. Take a moment and be still. Do not move. Or I will blow your fucking head off.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 17, 2021, 10:36:11 PM8/17/21

> It is these tender mercies that make life bearable. It can not always be cruel and unknowing. Take a moment and be still. Do not move. Or I will blow your fucking head off.

Then after you blow off the head and it slams against a tree at 200 miles an hour you shout, "Hey, I said don't move", to the still moving skull shattering in all directions till even the fastest bits and pieces come to rest and lie quiet like the stump necked corpse sitting comfortably stupid nearby.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 19, 2021, 8:29:08 PM8/19/21
On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 10:36:11 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > It is these tender mercies that make life bearable. It can not always be cruel and unknowing. Take a moment and be still. Do not move. Or I will blow your fucking head off.
> Then after you blow off the head and it slams against a tree at 200 miles an hour you shout, "Hey, I said don't move", to the still moving skull shattering in all directions till even the fastest bits and pieces come to rest and lie quiet like the stump necked corpse sitting comfortably stupid nearby.

What if Kennedy's head exploded like a watermelon from a Gallagher show? Would Jackie save all the seeds?

Thomas Joseph

Aug 20, 2021, 3:32:05 PM8/20/21

> What if Kennedy's head exploded like a watermelon from a Gallagher show? Would Jackie save all the seeds?

LOL. The assassination site in real time. People shocked by the scene with one guy saying to another, "Holy crap, did you see his head? I mean it was like an exploding watermelon from a Gallagher show." That is what I envisioned. But Gallagher didn't start busting open watermelons till quite a few years after Jack's ack ack attack. Anyway, funny, not just any watermelon, but one from a Gallagher show. Specific. Unique. Special.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 20, 2021, 6:01:18 PM8/20/21
On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 3:32:05 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > What if Kennedy's head exploded like a watermelon from a Gallagher show? Would Jackie save all the seeds?
> LOL. The assassination site in real time. People shocked by the scene with one guy saying to another, "Holy crap, did you see his head? I mean it was like an exploding watermelon from a Gallagher show." That is what I envisioned. But Gallagher didn't start busting open watermelons till quite a few years after Jack's ack ack attack. Anyway, funny, not just any watermelon, but one from a Gallagher show. Specific. Unique. Special.

Brains are a funny thing. Just when you need them the most they are splattered all over your wife.

JFK - 1917-1963

Thomas Joseph

Aug 21, 2021, 3:41:38 PM8/21/21

> Brains are a funny thing. Just when you need them the most they are splattered all over your wife.
>
> JFK - 1917-1963

LOL followed by, "I don't know if it's really an LOL - it's kind of childish." Followed by, "Maybe that's that I like about it." Now I'm wondering, "Did he google up Kennedy's birthdate or does he remember it from history lessons or what?" I find myself hoping you made the year up. Making it up makes the LOL more real. I want to believe you didn't really know the year Kennedy was born, and you just guessed it. I am going to google it now. If I find that Kenned was actually born in 1917 I am going to hold it against you unless you come up with a good explanation.

Oh, by the way - what did Kennedy mean when he said "Just when you need them the most" referring to his brains? Did he believe that keeping the brain in his shattered skull would have somehow helped him to survive. Perhaps he was thinking of humanity. He wanted his brains in one piece so they could be scientifically analyzed with his 'leadership' DNA scraped out and kept on ice that might or might not outlive the eternal flame.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 21, 2021, 3:46:17 PM8/21/21
Googled it up, came up 1917 just like you said. Did you have to look it up or did you somehow remember it? I am hoping you had to look it up. Otherwise I might be tempted to see you as a JFK groupie who knows everything about him, his birthdate and birthplace and all kinds of other info to bolster your status in the strange cult-like inner circle of groupie-hood.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 22, 2021, 2:29:51 AM8/22/21
On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 3:46:17 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Googled it up, came up 1917 just like you said. Did you have to look it up or did you somehow remember it? I am hoping you had to look it up. Otherwise I might be tempted to see you as a JFK groupie who knows everything about him, his birthdate and birthplace and all kinds of other info to bolster your status in the strange cult-like inner circle of groupie-hood.

I remember it because it is close to my moms birth year of 1916.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 22, 2021, 5:36:54 PM8/22/21

> I remember it because it is close to my moms birth year of 1916.

I will not hold that against you. You are exonerated. Plus I was only kidding. I know the year Hitler was born - month, day, and year - so why not the same with Kennedy. Plus it could come in handy if you're ever on the Jeopardy show.

Aha, so you had slightly older parents. Not ancient, just older than I normally imagine. At one time people had kids on the average at age 14 or 15 or less, I'm guessing. But 40 is not old for a parent, not at all. I just tend to think of the typical parent as being in their late teens or early 20s. If that were the case it might help explain why there's so many lousy parents around. But when it comes to age, let's not forget you can be old and immature at the same time. Or you can be young and very mature. But I don't care about all that crap man. I care about people. I want to know all the particulars - where, when, and why, that kind of stuff - as well as of course the particulars of their deaths as well.

Obit me baby!

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 22, 2021, 7:10:30 PM8/22/21
I think the age women had kids always vary. Socio economics has a lot to do with it. But I was the last of 4.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 23, 2021, 11:13:59 PM8/23/21
=
> I think the age women had kids always vary. Socio economics has a lot to do with it. But I was the last of 4.

You can always look it at egotistically. "They stopped with me because they knew they could not possibly do any better."

He's last, he's the end of the line. Or is he?

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2021, 7:28:04 PM8/24/21
Birth order is suppose to count for shit. Well like shit who cares when it is out as long as you can flush them all.

Judith Latham

Aug 24, 2021, 9:00:46 PM8/24/21
Not sure about all the kids that fall in between, but in large Orthodox
families like mine, the eldest is almost always a serious asshole and
usually successful. The youngest tend to be the most fucked-up. It's
like that in our family. Howard is the oldest, the most serious and
responsible, and is fairly successful (definitely not the wealthiest).
The youngest are the gay and soon both to be transsexual twins, Ebbie
and Debbie. The rest of us are just plain fucked up.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 24, 2021, 11:00:15 PM8/24/21

> Birth order is suppose to count for shit. Well like shit who cares when it is out as long as you can flush them all.

I never put much stock in the birth order thing. I suppose in some odds circumstances it could mean something. Like let's say there's a hundred kids all born to the same women and you are 101 and all the others have already grown beyond puberty and you are their new play thing for life.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 24, 2021, 11:03:33 PM8/24/21

> Not sure about all the kids that fall in between, but in large Orthodox
> families like mine, the eldest is almost always a serious asshole and
> usually successful. The youngest tend to be the most fucked-up. It's
> like that in our family. Howard is the oldest, the most serious and
> responsible, and is fairly successful (definitely not the wealthiest).
> The youngest are the gay and soon both to be transsexual twins, Ebbie
> and Debbie. The rest of us are just plain fucked up.

You are more fucked up than they are just for being able to live around them. They don't have to think about living around you, because you're not weird like them. But you have to think about living with them. This drives you nuts. Turns your life into a job. But that's the way you want it. More drama. More things to talk about. From center stage. Your stage. Right, Latham?

Judith Latham

Aug 28, 2021, 9:36:03 PM8/28/21
You said I'm not weird like my family. That might be the nicest thing
anyone has ever said to me. I don't seek drama, although I do seem to
thrive on it. C'est la vie.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 29, 2021, 4:10:33 PM8/29/21

> You said I'm not weird like my family. That might be the nicest thing
> anyone has ever said to me. I don't seek drama, although I do seem to
> thrive on it. C'est la vie.

You create drama - 450 pounds of it, give or take a few. I know you are concerned about your weight, or would be if you really weigh what you say. You'd like to lose weight but don't want to work at it. I want to hit the lottery but don't want to buy the ticket - same thing. But if you could wake up thin tomorrow, no work involved, you'd go for it. Imagine if all you lost was muscle and bone. Imagine becoming a blob. Rolling your way through life, but occasionally having to ask someone for a push unless you've got a good downhill roll already in motion, in which case you might need to ask someone to slow you down. Blobs love to roll. They need to move, just like us - the eternal search for food. But every so often a blob loves to rest, to experience it's blobdom to the max, planted in one spot, gently jiggling.

Yes, Judith - perhaps you are not weird. Not weird at all. Perhaps you are something a step below weird, something no word has been made for yet. Something special, high end, like a Mercedes Benz or a BMW. BMW is appropriate because it spells out your condition perfectly. BMW - Beyond Mere Weird.

Where's my Guinness Book of World Records?

Judith Latham

Aug 29, 2021, 5:49:46 PM8/29/21
Thomas, I am shocked by your behavior. Here I thought that you and I
were friends. Why do use my weight (486 lbs) against me? If you believe
in God and believe that God is everywhere, then you believe He is more
with me than with you; strictly because there is more of me than there
is of you. My size is to be idolized, not criticized. There is no blob
in me.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 29, 2021, 6:00:49 PM8/29/21

> Thomas, I am shocked by your behavior. Here I thought that you and I
> were friends. Why do use my weight (486 lbs) against me? If you believe
> in God and believe that God is everywhere, then you believe He is more
> with me than with you; strictly because there is more of me than there
> is of you. My size is to be idolized, not criticized. There is no blob
> in me.

Please don't put down the blobs. I would like to be one. Give it a try anyway. I am not against you because of your weight. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to talk about it. So you can crack jokes about your weight - which you have done, with maybe the whole weight thing being a joke from the very start - but I can't because i'm not fat. That's like telling me I can't laugh at a nigger joke unless I'm a nigger or I can't laugh at a pregnant woman joke because I'm not a woman. I'm sick of people like you telling me what to do. Unless I ask you to do it. Sometimes I like to be told what to do. What will you do then, purposely refuse to tell me what to do just to further bug me? You seem out to hurt me. To defy my sensitive nature. But I accept that. I realize not everyone can be as open minded and tolerant as I. So I accept your flaws and move on. But hey, that's me - that's just the kind of guy I am.

I am a cool dude

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 30, 2021, 1:46:28 AM8/30/21
Funny if she is a anorexic and is using our group so she can vomit.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 30, 2021, 6:42:32 PM8/30/21

> Funny if she is a anorexic and is using our group so she can vomit.

Wow. My posts are too long. They want to vomit vamonos style. So she probably finds your posts more puke worthy than mine. This does not mean my posts are better than yours - not by a long shot - only that they are too long for an impatient puke planner to deal with. Sometimes just logging into the site is enough to get the juices flowing.

I really did know a girl in L.A. who went from one extreme to the other. I met her first at the poolroom in my early 20s. She was fat. Real fat. Her name was Jill. Later in my early 30s I met up with her outside the poolroom and shared a few laughs with her. I didn't know who she was but she had a good sense of humor. "You don't remember me, do you?", she said. I told her I did not. "I'm Jill, I used to be fat." And then I remembered. Now she was skinny. Not anorexic, but pretty thin. Normal size actually, but the skin was hanging. I liked Jill. But sexually she did not turn me on. Never the less we lived together at my place for a year or so. I fucked her now and then. But one day she came into the bathroom when I was in the tub jerking off with a stack of magazines next to the tub on the floor. Man, was she ever pissed. It kind of pissed me off actually. I mean, it was my place for Christ's sake. Eventually I managed to turn her on to someone else. I had to get rid of her because she was a junkie and would often take combinations of pills that would have her nodding out - and she was a smoker. The idea of her passing out and starting a fire while I was out working used to eat away at me. She finally got in with someone else and I was free. We remained friends of a sort till she died, which I knew was coming because she was a major abuser of many substances.

OllieN...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2021, 12:22:07 AM8/31/21
I know the woman. I was the guy you turned her on to. She use to make me beg for sex. Real dominating. I remebered the night she died choking on my boner. Thanks.

Judith Latham

Aug 31, 2021, 1:38:11 PM8/31/21
How can you two fellows think so low of me? I come to you serious as
cancer, pouring my heart out, and you think I'm running a scam on you?
Why in heaven's name would anyone want to pretend to be an unmarried,
obese Orthodox Jew? I thought you guys would understand the nuances of
being someone 'different'. Whether you think I'm some comic mocking you,
or Bozo in drag, I will continue to post my truth. In the mean time, I
do love you guys.

Thomas Joseph

Aug 31, 2021, 5:37:49 PM8/31/21

> I know the woman. I was the guy you turned her on to. She use to make me beg for sex. Real dominating. I remebered the night she died choking on my boner. Thanks.

I am a shallow guy. But I know it and do not force it on other people - hence my sadness. She had decent tits. Unfortunately they were attached to the rest of her. Sometimes it's good to keep some things hidden. For example, for years I was into magazine porn - I had no DVD player, never really thought of it. I'd see some really nice tits in certain poses. Poses where only the tits are shown divorced from the rest of the body were nice - like inside a half bra or poking out from under a sheet. They had that jiggly, bobbling look to them. Then later when I got a DVD player and saw some of these same broads, I saw them for what they really were. In that way the magazines were superior to the moving pictures. The moving pictures get the edge, I won't deny it - but there were certain advantages to unmoving poses of body parts standing alone with only my imagination to make them move. I am saying if Jill had displayed only her tits - all by themselves along with her face which was alright - and if she had made me beg to suck them - I would have found her enticing. But she didn't do that. She did me wrong. She used me. I've got PTSD as we speak - post traumatic sex disorder. I'm telling you man, that bitch violated me!

Thomas Joseph

Aug 31, 2021, 5:44:00 PM8/31/21

> How can you two fellows think so low of me? I come to you serious as
> cancer, pouring my heart out, and you think I'm running a scam on you?
> Why in heaven's name would anyone want to pretend to be an unmarried,
> obese Orthodox Jew? I thought you guys would understand the nuances of
> being someone 'different'. Whether you think I'm some comic mocking you,
> or Bozo in drag, I will continue to post my truth. In the mean time, I
> do love you guys.

Truth is cool. Unfortunately not all your stories are true - and everybody knows it. Judith, I want you to think about this before you tear us down. We are a group of only two - Ollie and I. But there are 4 of us posting here. Two of the 4 are jewish and won't let anybody forget it. Think about that a minute. How many other groups would put up with it? Not only that, only yesterday I asked an email pal named Daisy to start posting into the group as she did in the past. If she joins she we will the third Jew in the group. Ollie and I will be outnumbered. And yet even under those conditions we endure. And you have the nerve to speak negatively of us! Come on, admit it - in the world of newsgroups there's no way you're ever going to do better than this. Although I still say we can always improve our group. I am always looking to make things better. Not just for me, not just for Ollie, not just for you and Bozo, but for the thousands of silent lurkers who visit this group every day - our loyal readership.

And that's the truth (as I see it)

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2021, 2:37:48 AM9/1/21
Please do not be truthful. I am the guy Jack Nicholson is talking about.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 1, 2021, 11:19:57 PM9/1/21

> Please do not be truthful. I am the guy Jack Nicholson is talking about.

You got me there, I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain it. Like Jack. WWJD?

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2021, 12:55:06 AM9/2/21
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:19:57 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Please do not be truthful. I am the guy Jack Nicholson is talking about.
> You got me there, I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain it. Like Jack. WWJD?

Handle the truth. I can handle it. Colonel Jessup was right. I do not want to know the dangers that are out there.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 2, 2021, 5:19:01 PM9/2/21

> Handle the truth. I can handle it. Colonel Jessup was right. I do not want to know the dangers that are out there.

I have to admit it. While a lot of that movie got loud and over acted at times, Nicholson did a pretty good job with his part. You know me, I don't give two shits about our guardians the military. But that speech about the guys on the wall and how nobody appreciates them was pretty well written. And lots of times well written stuff is not easy to deliver convincingly. He did a good job of making his character look maybe 'wrong' but maybe not nuts. He looked like he believed it when he yelled, "You can't handle the truth" because at just that moment Jack himself was in the very zone of reality truth itself. Do you read me loud and clear? Within the very heart of reality of itself!

I can handle the truth. Give me more of it or I'll kill you.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2021, 10:33:42 PM9/2/21
People will see that movie and side with the Tom Cruise character but the truth is they are with Jessup. That is what they can't handle.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 3, 2021, 7:47:07 PM9/3/21

> People will see that movie and side with the Tom Cruise character but the truth is they are with Jessup. That is what they can't handle.

Very few people know this, but that scene was an outtake from a real on-set incident in which Cruise and Nicholson were arguing over who was the best actor. Cruise started getting loud. He could not handle it. Too young, not enough experience going up against a true vet. Everyone on the set was riveted by the dispute. One guy filmed it on his smartphone. He showed it to everyone. It was great. Cruise accusing Nicholson of showboating, etc., yelling loudly for all to hear, "I am the better actor and you know it. You know it's the truth."

Nicholson yelled back, "Bullshit."

Cruise reiterated his stance. "Admit it Jack, admit it's the truth."

That is when Nicholson went ballistic. "Truth? What the fuck does a young punk like you know about truth?" Then he paused, his face twisted with rage. "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!", he screamed as the whole set exploded with applause. Later they worked that real life scene into the movie. They CGI'd the court scene around Nicholson. It's incredible what they can do these days. But yes, that scene was taken from a real life on set incident in which the greats of two eras met face to face in a rare moment of truth.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2021, 3:16:37 AM9/4/21
Come on man everyone knows that. Give me something I can use. I can handle it. it is the truth.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 4, 2021, 6:18:32 PM9/4/21

> Come on man everyone knows that. Give me something I can use. I can handle it. it is the truth.

I got some really juicy stuff in the bag and it's going to stay there for a while because some of this shit, I'm telling you, if they find out I'm spilling it they'll have me killed, that's how raw some of this shit is. I've got stuff on Cruise and Hanks and Nick Cage and all kinds of big timers out there. I'm sorry I can't always tell more. But look at it this way. At least I've got a foot in the door. If I go overboard and they kill me, where then would you be on the inside information highway? Nowhere. So just take what I offer and be glad to get it - and shut up. Also, you're an inside guy - and I'm the guy who got you in - so you don't need me anyway. In fact it's time for you to tell me something new. Come on man, give. Out with it! I know you know something I don't. Don't hold out on me. Don't ever hold out on me!

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 5, 2021, 8:28:27 PM9/5/21
On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 6:18:32 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Come on man everyone knows that. Give me something I can use. I can handle it. it is the truth.
> I got some really juicy stuff in the bag and it's going to stay there for a while because some of this shit, I'm telling you, if they find out I'm spilling it they'll have me killed, that's how raw some of this shit is. I've got stuff on Cruise and Hanks and Nick Cage and all kinds of big timers out there. I'm sorry I can't always tell more. But look at it this way. At least I've got a foot in the door. If I go overboard and they kill me, where then would you be on the inside information highway? Nowhere. So just take what I offer and be glad to get it - and shut up. Also, you're an inside guy - and I'm the guy who got you in - so you don't need me anyway. In fact it's time for you to tell me something new. Come on man, give. Out with it! I know you know something I don't. Don't hold out on me. Don't ever hold out on me!

Nicholas Cage is laying low. Have not seen him in anything in at least 6 months. I think his career is flundering, on the rocks, sinking, and other sea like metaphors.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 5, 2021, 10:40:28 PM9/5/21
=
> Nicholas Cage is laying low. Have not seen him in anything in at least 6 months. I think his career is flundering, on the rocks, sinking, and other sea like metaphors.

Another absolute zero. Your undersea reference reminds me of something I was thinking about last night - the sponge. We talk about the Blob a lot. How about the sponge? The Blob is slow moving, true. It is in no rush. But it still has to move. It rolls, no matter how slow. But the sponge doesn't move at all. Oh it may flutter with underwater currents, but it doesn't actively seek prey. The sponge is what the Blob wanted to be. But the Blob got greedy. It left the ocean looking for bigger game. Not a good move. Inside info. Some guys I know on the sets are saying now that Cage may be the greatest actor we've got today but they're holding off on him, making people wonder where he is and why he's not working - get them all heated up about Nick before springing him loose on a public that is sick and tired of Cruise and Hanks all the time. I heard some rumblings about Lou Diamond Phillips also getting ready to make some noise in Tinseltown. I will keep you posted.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2021, 12:43:38 AM9/7/21
Nick is getting into his new role as the Blob in Blob 2 the beginning. He spends a lot of time laying around blobbing out.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 7, 2021, 8:00:19 PM9/7/21

> Nick is getting into his new role as the Blob in Blob 2 the beginning. He spends a lot of time laying around blobbing out.

Hah hah. I can see it now. Not just Cage, any of them will do. They get so big they don't have to go looking for parts. But they stay in touch. They let every producer in town know what they will be doing in their off time. For example, with Nick. He told them, "Hey, if you want me for anything this summer, forget it man, I'll be by the pool, just lying around doing nothing."

Then the part for the Blob comes up. Lots of producers in on the project. They all want different actors for the lead role. Different big name actors. Then one of them says, "Hey, wait a minute, didn't Nick Cage tell us he'd be doing nothing all summer long - just lying around by the pool?"

"Yeah", say the others, "so what?"

"So what?", laughs the insightful producer. "Don't you get it man? He's already in character. He's more than halfway there. He's ready."

Then turning to an unnamed flunkie he barks, "You! Check out all the pools in town. Start with the big ones. Ritzy. Don't stop looking till you find him. We want Nick for that role. STAT."

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2021, 8:20:45 PM9/7/21
Asking Nick why he took the role he says he found it absorbing.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 8, 2021, 11:05:03 PM9/8/21

> Asking Nick why he took the role he says he found it absorbing.

Good one. Type cast for his entire career - as a blob. He's the best but his turn as the blob went over so well it's all anyone remembers him for. A good role can kill a good actor. I know, I've been there. But Nick is still in the business. Every day he scans the Hollywood Reporter and calls his agent asking, "Do they got anything blob-like for me? Come on man, you're my agent - you're supposed to look out for me a little bit. Come on man, there's got to be some blob work out there for me."

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 9, 2021, 2:23:42 PM9/9/21
On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 11:05:03 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Asking Nick why he took the role he says he found it absorbing.
> Good one. Type cast for his entire career - as a blob. He's the best but his turn as the blob went over so well it's all anyone remembers him for. A good role can kill a good actor. I know, I've been there. But Nick is still in the business. Every day he scans the Hollywood Reporter and calls his agent asking, "Do they got anything blob-like for me? Come on man, you're my agent - you're supposed to look out for me a little bit. Come on man, there's got to be some blob work out there for me."

The Blob is a known career killer. Look what it did to McQueen. He hasn't made a movie in years.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 9, 2021, 6:54:01 PM9/9/21

> The Blob is a known career killer. Look what it did to McQueen. He hasn't made a movie in years.

He's blobbing his way through celebrity pay dirt as we speak. All dead things turn into blobs. But most people are stupid. They are so afraid of the dirt they pay big bucks to have themselves put in coffins. Now they are trapped. Oh, they can roll around ever so slowly in there - if the coffin is big enough. But to roll free - to blob one's way through the earth over thousands of centuries, slower than a tortoise, in no rush, taking it slow and easy - easy does it - oh man, what a kick. I heard that McQueen read all about blobs after playing the role, became absorbed with the topic, engulfed by it's mystique, and later heard the truth about the blob from a Shaman in Mexico when he came down with cancer and went down there for alternative new age treatment, that when we die we all become blobs and it's best to roll free, not to stupidly confine ourselves to anything. In words I could never duplicate - they rolled from his mouth with ease, like the talking of tongues but readily understandable, very intuitive, very earthy - he said that being a blob is the greatest achievement a human could ever hope for.

"Be not afraid, for in death we are free to roll" - Joe Blob, 1947

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2021, 4:21:23 AM9/10/21
Still waiting for the results of those clinical trials on coffee enemas Stevie took part in. I tried some myself. A little thick but not bad.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 10, 2021, 6:54:59 PM9/10/21

> Still waiting for the results of those clinical trials on coffee enemas Stevie took part in. I tried some myself. A little thick but not bad.

I knew he was into some esoteric shit to save his life but I never went deep enough into it to know he took coffee enemas, although I've heard of them. Pretty funny all the way around what the annoying will to live can do to people, especially if they have money. Funny going to Mexico for help. Kind of like buying something advertised on TV that grows only in a small region of China that few people know about, yet millions have been enjoying it's benefits for years. McQueen wanted to live! To make more movies to wow us. His last movie he looked really weak, played some kind of cop or bail bondsman. Kind of thin. I liked McQueen but not as a tough guy or cop which seemed to be what they had him playing most of the time. Pretty funny though - the whole thing. On the one hand I can understand people not trusting the American medical establishment, so I can't fault Stevie for heading south of the border. On the other hand, to believe some secret magic cure exists somewhere in the world - and there isn't a miles long line already formed - I've got to wonder about the desperation of that person. Stevie died desperate. But now that he is dead does he stay desperate or does he get to relax like the rest of them? Will we ever know?

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2021, 8:13:17 PM9/10/21
On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 6:54:59 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Still waiting for the results of those clinical trials on coffee enemas Stevie took part in. I tried some myself. A little thick but not bad.
> I knew he was into some esoteric shit to save his life but I never went deep enough into it to know he took coffee enemas, although I've heard of them. Pretty funny all the way around what the annoying will to live can do to people, especially if they have money. Funny going to Mexico for help. Kind of like buying something advertised on TV that grows only in a small region of China that few people know about, yet millions have been enjoying it's benefits for years. McQueen wanted to live! To make more movies to wow us. His last movie he looked really weak, played some kind of cop or bail bondsman. Kind of thin. I liked McQueen but not as a tough guy or cop which seemed to be what they had him playing most of the time. Pretty funny though - the whole thing. On the one hand I can understand people not trusting the American medical establishment, so I can't fault Stevie for heading south of the border. On the other hand, to believe some secret magic cure exists somewhere in the world - and there isn't a miles long line already formed - I've got to wonder about the desperation of that person. Stevie died desperate. But now that he is dead does he stay desperate or does he get to relax like the rest of them? Will we ever know?

Can't say he died young but he was not old either. Middle aged. Had a few good movies left in him but he would have faded out in the end.
Maybe a TV show that laasts half a season.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 11, 2021, 7:26:46 PM9/11/21

> Can't say he died young but he was not old either. Middle aged. Had a few good movies left in him but he would have faded out in the end.
> Maybe a TV show that laasts half a season.

Not enough enduring character, not enough strength. He was ok as the loser, like in the Cincinnati Kid. I think he would have been better than Newman in the Hustler. Not that I care. The Hustler is another one of those movies, every time I see it, which lately is not often, I think it sucks worse and worse. But certain scenes are good. The ones with George C. Scott analyzing the loser side of the Fast Eddie character - I enjoyed those. I enjoy the sports psychology aspect of it. They forced the love story into it. I am not against love stories at all, but the story looked like it was haphazardly tossed together. I read the book by the way, very short or I would have read it. Anyway, I didn't mind McQueen, but I think he was miscast as the strong silent type. Of course like anyone in the movie industry I suppose he was lucky to be cast in anything.

He got lucky

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 3:25:31 AM9/12/21
I would say his big movies were Papillion and Sand Pebbles. Big productions with supporting star power and good story. I can actually think of quite a few movies with him in them. Guess that counts for something.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 12, 2021, 5:37:10 PM9/12/21

> I would say his big movies were Papillion and Sand Pebbles. Big productions with supporting star power and good story. I can actually think of quite a few movies with him in them. Guess that counts for something.

Absolutely. No argument, not even close. I was not a fan of McQueen in movies that called on him to be the big hero - the tough guy. They did that with him late in his career - and he let it happen - and I did not like him in those roles. Even the TV show where he played the bounty hunter, interesting and only half an hour, but again, too heroic at times. Notice in Papillon and even the Sand Pebbles he was the lead but not the flat out lead, they were more ensemble work. I love using those terms. Learned them when I burst onto the scene years ago and wormed my way into Hollywood for inside information. Anyway, I like McQueen. I guess it's like a singer - you may love their voice but not the songs they sing. The song counts for a lot. So does the movie. McQueen stayed out of the way. Maybe that is a talent in itself. William Holden was that way too. He was there, a definite lead, but he stayed out of the way. I like Holden. But it has to be the right movie. Same with me. I'm a great actor. But I need the right role. So far it has not come along. I'm waiting.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2021, 2:43:18 PM9/13/21
On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 5:37:10 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I would say his big movies were Papillion and Sand Pebbles. Big productions with supporting star power and good story. I can actually think of quite a few movies with him in them. Guess that counts for something.
> Absolutely. No argument, not even close. I was not a fan of McQueen in movies that called on him to be the big hero - the tough guy. They did that with him late in his career - and he let it happen - and I did not like him in those roles. Even the TV show where he played the bounty hunter, interesting and only half an hour, but again, too heroic at times. Notice in Papillon and even the Sand Pebbles he was the lead but not the flat out lead, they were more ensemble work. I love using those terms. Learned them when I burst onto the scene years ago and wormed my way into Hollywood for inside information. Anyway, I like McQueen. I guess it's like a singer - you may love their voice but not the songs they sing. The song counts for a lot. So does the movie. McQueen stayed out of the way. Maybe that is a talent in itself. William Holden was that way too. He was there, a definite lead, but he stayed out of the way. I like Holden. But it has to be the right movie. Same with me. I'm a great actor. But I need the right role. So far it has not come along. I'm waiting.

Holden was the reluctant hero. Like in Stalag 17. He was bitter and cynical but would in the end show up other so called heros. Bridge on the River Kwai is similar to Stalag in some ways.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 14, 2021, 1:44:53 AM9/14/21

> Holden was the reluctant hero. Like in Stalag 17. He was bitter and cynical but would in the end show up other so called heros. Bridge on the River Kwai is similar to Stalag in some ways.

Yes. Exactly. I say the same about McQueen. These guys are not the type to go into bars and slam people around. But because they are known actors they sometimes wind up in those heroic type roles. They are not suited for them. These guys are better are regular Joes, or in Holden's case a somewhat educated professional type who just happens to get involved in something without wanting to. The stories were good. I like Holden and McQueen both. But both movies mentioned would have been good without them. How good? We'll never know. And that's the way I want it.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 15, 2021, 12:28:27 AM9/15/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:44:53 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Holden was the reluctant hero. Like in Stalag 17. He was bitter and cynical but would in the end show up other so called heros. Bridge on the River Kwai is similar to Stalag in some ways.
> Yes. Exactly. I say the same about McQueen. These guys are not the type to go into bars and slam people around. But because they are known actors they sometimes wind up in those heroic type roles. They are not suited for them. These guys are better are regular Joes, or in Holden's case a somewhat educated professional type who just happens to get involved in something without wanting to. The stories were good. I like Holden and McQueen both. But both movies mentioned would have been good without them. How good? We'll never know. And that's the way I want it.

If I really like a movie (you know like really like) it is no fun to imagine different actors in the roles. Perhaps it is accidental
how the right actor for a role happens. With the studio system actors often were a result of being under contract to the producing company. Maybe that was a good system. All the free lancing doesn't seem to improve pictures any.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 15, 2021, 5:44:34 PM9/15/21

> If I really like a movie (you know like really like) it is no fun to imagine different actors in the roles. Perhaps it is accidental
> how the right actor for a role happens. With the studio system actors often were a result of being under contract to the producing company. Maybe that was a good system. All the free lancing doesn't seem to improve pictures any.

I don't disagree with that for even a minute. I don't usually go around thinking about this or that person doing a better job, especially if I like the movie. I'm only doing it because the movie has already been made and it's something to talk about. And it does come into play, unless it's post production promotion bullshit - you know, where they say George Raft was slated to play Rick in Casablanca but turned it down or whatever. We have no way of knowing if these stories are true. But even if they are, and even if Raft was a rock, truth is if the story is good and the supporting cast is good and the music is good I'm sure the lead is sometimes overrated. Ok, let's say not necessary. Maybe Bogart did the best anybody could ever do in that role, but we don't know, and just like you I don't really care. I don't dwell on that stuff. But sometimes if a guy gets too much credit for my liking, yes, in that case I will begin to imagine someone doing a better job in the role. The old studio system was fine with me. I gave up on the movies long ago. I don't care if a good one comes out, I'm not chasing after it. I look at some of the stuff on TV, even mediocre stuff - or at least not great - Mannix, stuff like that - and it's better made than a lot of known and respected movies that came out earlier. The screen is smaller. Overall I don't care about movies going down the tubes. In fact I sort of root for it to happen. I think good TV is better than the good movies of today, which isn't saying much. But really when you look at what the TV gives us, try to go back and imagine seeing all this TV stuff back 50 years ago and I think it might blow you away. The movies can go the way of the circus. Get that shit out of my town.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 4:52:49 AM9/16/21
It has to entertain me or it is useless. Make me laugh, cry, scream. Do it clown.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 17, 2021, 5:27:45 PM9/17/21

> It has to entertain me or it is useless. Make me laugh, cry, scream. Do it clown.

I am entertained by all kinds of stuff including what some might call garbage. So when I put down assholes for liking garbage, it's only because it's not my kind of garbage, which means it stinks. I know, I know, garbage is supposed to stink. Fine, I get it. But only if it stinks my way. It's the Ahn-Ka philosophy of life - it's got to be "My Way."

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 18, 2021, 11:10:50 AM9/18/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 5:27:45 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > It has to entertain me or it is useless. Make me laugh, cry, scream. Do it clown.
> I am entertained by all kinds of stuff including what some might call garbage. So when I put down assholes for liking garbage, it's only because it's not my kind of garbage, which means it stinks. I know, I know, garbage is supposed to stink. Fine, I get it. But only if it stinks my way. It's the Ahn-Ka philosophy of life - it's got to be "My Way."

Look at the way music is changing. it is unrecognizable from 50 years ago. Perhaps it always changed a lot but I doubt it. Garbage is the new art. Worse the better. Maybe My way is not the way to go.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 20, 2021, 4:24:18 PM9/20/21

> Look at the way music is changing. it is unrecognizable from 50 years ago. Perhaps it always changed a lot but I doubt it. Garbage is the new art. Worse the better. Maybe My way is not the way to go.

It is garbage to the nth degree. Seems like most of it is based on cheerleader chants and marine corp drill instructor call and response style marching. Same type shit. Really childish. "But can't you see how great this is?", supporters of this junk cry. "Can't you see what this means? It means anybody can be an artist today. Isn't that the way it should be?"

I felt the same way when I was younger. Anybody can be an artist. Anybody can be President of the United States. And it holds true even to this day. Anybody can get in. Almost anybody. Fortunately recording were around during our time, so we have good music in our vaults. Imagine if all you could do was imagine good old music while at the same time being eternally bombarded with this new shit that seems to come from the oldest place of our earth's existence - the mud pit swamps of the past - today's ultra loud get down and groove electro-funk-o-tronic version of yesteryear's subterranean caveman blues.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 22, 2021, 12:06:37 AM9/22/21
People who are Classical music purist must have felt that way for decades and now are insane over it. Rolll over Beethoven.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 22, 2021, 6:18:24 PM9/22/21

> People who are Classical music purist must have felt that way for decades and now are insane over it. Rolll over Beethoven.

A lot of old songs, the stuff I like - a lot of it has what could and probably would be seen today as 'corny' lyrics. But starting in the 60s and so they became too serious, too personal. Just like comedy, it had to be socially relevant. I am not saying music was better in the 30s and 40s, only that the songs were better. Better structured. Pliable. To this day many are sung. Lots of songs sung these days, like "Georgia" by Ray Charles, and "At Last" by Etta James were written in the 30s and even the 20s. Stephen Foster's stuff can be dolled up in almost any direction - done in many different ways. They were songs. Today they are arrangements. I'm not saying that good or bad, only that the bare bones songs from the 30s and 40s were better structured and open to being done in all kinds of different ways. The songs were better. There is some good music around today, but not the popular stuff - not in my opinion. With the magic of recording which did not come to be until a little over a century ago we are now able to listen only to what we like and block out the other stuff. But I am an extremely open minded guy, so I listen to new stuff now and then, usually for one purpose, to see if it sucks as much as I thought it did. In other words, I'm fair. I give it a second and even sometimes a third or fourth chance. But hey that's me - Joe Fair.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 23, 2021, 9:31:29 AM9/23/21
On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 6:18:24 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > People who are Classical music purist must have felt that way for decades and now are insane over it. Rolll over Beethoven.
> A lot of old songs, the stuff I like - a lot of it has what could and probably would be seen today as 'corny' lyrics. But starting in the 60s and so they became too serious, too personal. Just like comedy, it had to be socially relevant. I am not saying music was better in the 30s and 40s, only that the songs were better. Better structured. Pliable. To this day many are sung. Lots of songs sung these days, like "Georgia" by Ray Charles, and "At Last" by Etta James were written in the 30s and even the 20s. Stephen Foster's stuff can be dolled up in almost any direction - done in many different ways. They were songs. Today they are arrangements. I'm not saying that good or bad, only that the bare bones songs from the 30s and 40s were better structured and open to being done in all kinds of different ways. The songs were better. There is some good music around today, but not the popular stuff - not in my opinion. With the magic of recording which did not come to be until a little over a century ago we are now able to listen only to what we like and block out the other stuff. But I am an extremely open minded guy, so I listen to new stuff now and then, usually for one purpose, to see if it sucks as much as I thought it did. In other words, I'm fair. I give it a second and even sometimes a third or fourth chance. But hey that's me - Joe Fair.

I have gotten to where I do not like to talk about the evolution of music or anything. Time for another big bang. Actually I lied. I am a liar. I will talk about anything when I am talkative. In fact my favorite song is sounds of silence. No lyrics, no music, no sound. Perfect.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 24, 2021, 1:05:44 AM9/24/21

> I have gotten to where I do not like to talk about the evolution of music or anything. Time for another big bang. Actually I lied. I am a liar. I will talk about anything when I am talkative. In fact my favorite song is sounds of silence. No lyrics, no music, no sound. Perfect.

I used to think about the sounds of silence at the poolroom where the jukebox would play the same shit over and over and I wondered why someone can't put a quarter in to buy 4 minutes of silence. Make that one of the buttons - "Silence" - pump in a few bucks and enjoy. I agree, I too am talkative when I'm in the mood, feeling the energy. Come on, anything. Anything. Let me have it man. Come on punk, throw me your speed ball and show me what you got.

I can tell when you're not in the mood. I'm sure you can sense it from me too. Like a dog on a leash barking at anything passing by, in time it gets tired of it and just goes through the motions with little 'woofs' coming out of his mouth. I am sometimes not in the mood. But I do not want the newsgroup to die. Even when not in the mood I feel obligated to respond. Other times I can't shut up even if I have nothing to say.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 25, 2021, 12:29:27 PM9/25/21
This is my speed. Faster than the mail but not as urgent as the phone. In between. Thats the best.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 25, 2021, 6:03:41 PM9/25/21

> This is my speed. Faster than the mail but not as urgent as the phone. In between. Thats the best.

I agree. I am amazed at the number of internet people I meet who don't know what a newsgroup is. I can understand people not wanting to type all the time. They want the pictures, most of themselves and their pets and families, etc. For these people Facebook is an open wallet full of pictures. And inspirational type comments. It's sickening. It's not Facebook alone, it's the people. The other day at the therapist I signed in with a worker at a cubicle. She had pictures all her stall. I don't blame her for that. But there were also inspirational-style posts all over the place. The same shit we see on Facebook (and other sites). No, this is my style here. I wouldn't care much if they suddenly went back to where we had to wait 9 hours for our posts to appear. I prefer it the way it is, but I could handle the 9 hour wait. It's part of the newsgroup's appeal for sure, the no-rush aspect of it. I never went for the instant messaging thing either. But hey, that's me.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 27, 2021, 10:02:39 AM9/27/21
On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 6:03:41 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > This is my speed. Faster than the mail but not as urgent as the phone. In between. Thats the best.
> I agree. I am amazed at the number of internet people I meet who don't know what a newsgroup is. I can understand people not wanting to type all the time. They want the pictures, most of themselves and their pets and families, etc. For these people Facebook is an open wallet full of pictures. And inspirational type comments. It's sickening. It's not Facebook alone, it's the people. The other day at the therapist I signed in with a worker at a cubicle. She had pictures all her stall. I don't blame her for that. But there were also inspirational-style posts all over the place. The same shit we see on Facebook (and other sites). No, this is my style here. I wouldn't care much if they suddenly went back to where we had to wait 9 hours for our posts to appear. I prefer it the way it is, but I could handle the 9 hour wait. It's part of the newsgroup's appeal for sure, the no-rush aspect of it. I never went for the instant messaging thing either. But hey, that's me.

Most of what I like becomes obsolete. Lucky the NG still exists. But it too will go away. I am now depressed. I am going away.

Thomas Joseph

Sep 27, 2021, 6:53:26 PM9/27/21

> Most of what I like becomes obsolete. Lucky the NG still exists. But it too will go away. I am now depressed. I am going away.

Everything I like becomes obsolete. To be fair I am sure that happens to all people. But some may be too stupid to notice it. So no way can they say they suffer more than I do with it. They are closing me out. Making me obsolete. And I love it. Unfortunately a new regime will soon come into power that mandates death for anyone deemed obsolete. In the meantime it's quite a luxury.

OllieN...@aol.com

Sep 28, 2021, 9:20:29 AM9/28/21
On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 6:53:26 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Most of what I like becomes obsolete. Lucky the NG still exists. But it too will go away. I am now depressed. I am going away.
> Everything I like becomes obsolete. To be fair I am sure that happens to all people. But some may be too stupid to notice it. So no way can they say they suffer more than I do with it. They are closing me out. Making me obsolete. And I love it. Unfortunately a new regime will soon come into power that mandates death for anyone deemed obsolete. In the meantime it's quite a luxury.

We elected leaders who tell us we are not essential. What does that make them?
It is loading more messages.