King Arthur's Return

Rania Melhem

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99
As we all know King Arthur is supposed to return from Avalon at the time of
England 's darkest of hour and greatest need.
Considering that England has been through a lot , what would you suppose
could (or maybe even) should have been the time for the return of Arthur?
Personally, I think that the Norman Invasion and Conquest would have been a
good time.
Rania

Draganta

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99

I think World War II.
<i>-Draganta</i>
Visit my website:
The Arthurian Legend and modern day Witchcraft.

Wilson

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99
>Personally, I think that the Norman Invasion and Conquest would have been a
>good time.

Some have theorized that William may have been blessed with the spirit of
Arthur considering that at least a few of his people had ancestors who fled
Britain to Normandy after the Romans left and they re-conquered England from
the Saxons.

bert_...@my-deja.com

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99
In article <19990626093645...@ng-fr1.aol.com>,
drag...@aol.com (Draganta) wrote:

> I think World War II.
> <i>-Draganta</i>
> Visit my website:
Clouds</a>
> The Arthurian Legend and modern day Witchcraft.

There is a fun old b&w 1942 British film along the lines of Arthur's
return during WW II that is available on videotape. "King Arthur Was a
Gentleman" is a light comedy, with some songs to boot, that tells the
story of the Casper Milktoast mapmaker Arthur King working at Whitehall
during the war. No further spoilers for those who haven't seen it.
Other character names include "Gwennie" and "Lance Elliot". Most of
the cast are unknowns to Americans except for one...Lance is played
by a very young Peter Graves who some of the old geezers around here
like myself may remember from early "Mission Impossible" t.v. show days.
You can find the tape online from outfits like Sinsiter Cinema, Movies
Unlimited, Black Star and others.

Bert Olton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Maeve

Jun 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/26/99
Interesting idea, 'bout William the Conqueror. How about prince William, who's
middle name is Arthur? Should he be king, it could be a Second Coming.

Mary Jones
Maeve Silverface

"Don't you think the joker laughs at you?" --John Lennon "I Am the Walrus"
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/6660 Tuesday Morning
Lok...@excite.com

John Greenall

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
WWII and Churchhill sound good, "We Will Fight Them On The Beaches.",
probably what arthur would have done with the saxons.

He had the same sentiments as arthur if nothing else.

John.

Rania Melhem <tige...@aol.com> wrote in message

> As we all know King Arthur is supposed to return from Avalon at the time
of
> England 's darkest of hour and greatest need.
> Considering that England has been through a lot , what would you suppose
> could (or maybe even) should have been the time for the return of Arthur?

> Personally, I think that the Norman Invasion and Conquest would have been
> good time.

> Rania

Draganta

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
>WWII and Churchhill sound good, "We Will Fight Them On The Beaches.",
>probably what arthur would have done with the saxons.
>
>He had the same sentiments as arthur if nothing else.

How about some of the stories of the WWII troops saying they saw a man and a
dog disapear in the woods of England. The man was not dressed of this time and
called his dog by the name of Arthur's dog.
Then there are stories where Fighter piolts had mysterious help from someone
and disapeared when they weren't needed. All these stories I believe spun off
a series of book of Arthur and WWII (fiction of course).

lonny

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
There are also tales of misty warriors on the fields during several battles.
The battles, however, were on the continent, so I suppose it could have been
someone else's myhtic hero come to save them...

There is at least one report of "arthurian" warriors sighted at or near some
island based anti-aircraft machinery. The precise account and location
escape me at present.

The prevailing argument is that the sighting are/were a heady combination of
panic and justification (the old god is on our side gambit; "arthur is on
our side").

thewelsh...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 18, 2019, 6:52:52 AM12/18/19
Why England they turned there backs on Arthur return because royal family
So what was the point all so I am Welsh as you all ready no bear Zeus Pendragon God to most

thewelsh...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 5, 2020, 3:47:26 PM1/5/20
I want aloud to return