Warning! lasik may make you dizzy!

Ace

Oct 29, 2006, 2:29:20 AM10/29/06
Listen to the victims:

I had my lasik done last February, and I've had dizziness off and on
again, but lately it's really been getting worse. I'm wondering if
other people have experience this long after lasik, and if anyone has
any suggestions for making it stop.

Another victim:

I don't know how to make it stop, but I know that ever since LASIK I
feel like I'm floating. I never know where objects really are anymore.
My spatial perception is distorted. Part of the problem is especially
blurry vision in my dominant eye. The nondominant eye has greater
acuity, and the two images interfere with stereopsis. They fuse, most
of the time, but fusions and stereopsis (perception of 3 dimensions)
are different animals. You can have fusion without stereopsis, and for
me, the dimensionality of space is always changing.

A third victim:

I have sufffered with extreme dizziness,vertigo and disorientation
along with headaches and nausea for 17 months.It gets worse as the day
progresses.
Mine started when I was overcorrected in one eye and undercorrected in
the other with astigmatisms created by lasik.Lasik Plus totally denied
the cause and told me my vision was just fine.My prescription has since
then wondered all over the place as it continues to do and changes in a
matter of weeks.
I have seen posts of others being dizzy 6 years or more later.I'm not
trying to scare you,hopefully you will get over it,but these are the
facts.
I wish you the best of luck and if you haven't had your eyes examined
and a refraction done post lasik,I suggest you check it out.Your
prescription may be off more than you realize. take care

serebel

Oct 29, 2006, 7:22:34 PM10/29/06

More cut and paste bullshit from flappie. Been at those mushrooms again
eh, retard?

shelle...@yahoo.com

Oct 30, 2006, 1:52:14 PM10/30/06
The fact is,more and more people are showing up in various places
complaining of this disorientation ,dizziness etc.A quick search,which
I do every few weeks,yields new hits every time.My disorientation
persists no matter what I do and I continue to chase my prescription
which will just not "hold still."Researchers have informed me that it
may be more due to the astigmatic lasik created part of my vision than
the "off kilter"prescription.I also have a burning sensation which
increases as the day goes on.
My lasik is not recent and has had plenty of time to heal.
My OD who has fit RGP's for me described my eyes on my first visit as 2
blown out volcanos.He says they have since healed enough to smooth over
greatly.The astigmatisms are like "nothing he has ever seen"with a very
strange shape.
These pro lasik zealots will continue to try and discredit the truth
and make fun,as so to minimize what is being said, but the truth has a
way of rising to the top,and it will.They only care about the money
they can make,which would boggle most of our minds.
Hopefully before more people are permanently damaged,they will heed
these warnings.
I really have to laugh when I see the posts of the two extremely rude
obnoxious pro lasik pain in the ass basterds that haunt this forum.I
believe they are one and the same.They are lieing and they KNOW it.They
are a disservice and abomination to real eye care professionals.You
know,the ones who actually believe in "doing no harm.
Dr Minarik is a wonderful caring doctor who states the absolute truth
every time he posts.The evil side recognizes that he must be attacked
viciously,but anybody with half a brain can see through what they are
doing.
LASIK CAN make your eyes horribly disfunctional as I believe is also
true of cataract surgery.DON'T BUY INTO THE LIES.Never risk this
horrible surgery.You will likely be dropped like a hot potato and
sueing will cost more money than most of you have,even if you can find
an expert witness who will go against the pressure of all his doctor
"buddies."These,are the facts.

serebel

Oct 30, 2006, 8:21:31 PM10/30/06

Learn how to spell, retard, shellyfab, or whatever you are.

Ace

Oct 30, 2006, 11:42:43 PM10/30/06

My condolences! What was your pre-lasik prescription? What kind of
damage did lasik do to you? How many others do you know that had lasik
and did they all incur occular damage as well? Everyone I know in
person has some sort of issue with lasik and about 25% of people I know
online has issues, the others either are in denial or got off very
lucky without alot of complications.

Todd Rich

Oct 31, 2006, 7:20:16 AM10/31/06
Ace <acem...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> shelle...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > The fact is,more and more people are showing up in various places

(snip)

> My condolences! What was your pre-lasik prescription? What kind of
> damage did lasik do to you? How many others do you know that had lasik
> and did they all incur occular damage as well? Everyone I know in
> person has some sort of issue with lasik and about 25% of people I know
> online has issues, the others either are in denial or got off very
> lucky without alot of complications.

Ahh, talking to yourself again.

My compliments on learning how to post from more than one IP when making
your sock-puppet posts.

However it is lessened by the fact that you didn't figure out that you
need to keep your main account at the same IP if you want to pull this off.

You still haven't been able to figure out how to mask your writing style
though.

Ace

Oct 31, 2006, 7:35:44 AM10/31/06

I am the one laughing at your false conclusion. We are not the same
person. That persons writing style isnt quite the same either, (s)he
sometimes forgets a space to begin a new sentence. That person had
lasik, I didnt.

Todd Rich

Oct 31, 2006, 8:40:03 AM10/31/06
Ace <acem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
(snip)

> I am the one laughing at your false conclusion. We are not the same
> person. That persons writing style isnt quite the same either, (s)he
> sometimes forgets a space to begin a new sentence. That person had
> lasik, I didnt.

Before you got smart enough to figure out how to mask your IP, you posted,
from your same 'Ace' IP, that you were somebody who had Lasik. So it also
fits your MO. Congratulations on your graduation to a full-blow flappie.

Tom Lucas

Oct 31, 2006, 9:09:58 AM10/31/06
"Todd Rich" <to...@panix.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the confirmation Todd. Frankly, the writing style was enough
and the unique spelling of "relistic" was a dead giveaway but hard IP
proof is hard to get out of.

Ace, the game is up. After the grief you got last time you tried this
what on earth has gotten into you to make you try it again? Or is it who
on earth? I think you are keeping some very dangerous company of late
and you will end up getting badly hurt.

Ace

Oct 31, 2006, 11:04:34 AM10/31/06

Tom Lucas wrote:

> Ace, the game is up. After the grief you got last time you tried this
> what on earth has gotten into you to make you try it again? Or is it who
> on earth? I think you are keeping some very dangerous company of late
> and you will end up getting badly hurt.

Lots of people are bad spellers. That person is probably one of the
malcontents on a different alias, some of the things s(he) said sound
familiar in comparsion to another malcontent or another alias. Maybe
that person is even mispelling on purpose to hide under another alias.
One can speculate but im not going to conclude nor be rude.

cg_aust

Oct 31, 2006, 7:01:31 PM10/31/06
It's not that you're just "both" bad spellers, it's more that you make
exactly the same spelling errors. An untruth is a "lie", if you "lie",
you are a "liar", if you're in the act of not telling the truth you are
"lying". This is how you spell "lie" and it's various tenses and
deriviatives. You "both" made the same errors in using this word.

Todd Rich

Oct 31, 2006, 8:59:21 PM10/31/06
Tom Lucas <news@remove_auto_this_flame_to_reply.clara.co.uk> wrote:
(snip)

> Thanks for the confirmation Todd. Frankly, the writing style was enough
> and the unique spelling of "relistic" was a dead giveaway but hard IP
> proof is hard to get out of.

Just to clarify, Ace and the other 'poster' are posting from different IP
addresses. In the past Ace posted as if he were someone with a bad lasik
outcome from the same posting IP. If it was indeed two different people,
they would have posted from the same physical location...not very likely
for somebody Ace pretended he didn't know. What prompted my post was
that I noticed he had been posting from entirely different subnets, which
was a likely sign that he had learned how to mask his IP. Which is a
very trivial task if you know how to do it. I won't describe it here,
in case he actually doesn't know. The different IP address that he
has posted from it turns out are actually all owned by Bellsouth and are
located in Atlanta, Georgia. So, while I'm not 100% sure it is him,
the writing style is close enough that he may be masking his IP, or
having somebody else post the messages from their IP for him. He has
done it before.

Post by Ace, with full headers. Note NNTP posting address:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lasik-eyes/msg/48d821e735f6af4e?dmode=source&hl=en

Post by malcontent, with full headers from the same thread. Note NNTP
posting address:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lasik-eyes/msg/68bd0d9383b08929?dmode=source&hl=en

Full thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lasik-eyes/browse_frm/thread/79a2ce9b21df78a0/72460525f1ed1d26?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#72460525f1ed1d26

Ragnar

Oct 31, 2006, 10:12:41 PM10/31/06
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 01:59:21 +0000 (UTC), Todd Rich <to...@panix.com>
wrote:

You got that exactly right Todd. When he can't find "people he
knows" with problemss... he invents both the people and their
problems.

shelle...@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2006, 10:11:05 AM11/1/06
Again you prove what pathetic 6th graders you are and again you
geniuses are wrong.
Oh did I mention what arrogant assholes.Everybody knows it anyway and
daily you prove it.
Bash those injured people,fuck em,right! riiiight

Ace

Nov 1, 2006, 10:49:55 AM11/1/06
And people thought that alias was me. I have never cussed, never used
that colorful "F" word. That person is just someone who had a bad lasik
result.

Todd Rich

Nov 1, 2006, 11:08:41 AM11/1/06

Assuming for a moment this isn't Ace, you do realize that Ace has never
had Lasik?

And lets take a look at this claim of yours that injured people are being
bashed.

There are several people who post here who have had bad lasik outcomes.
Some of these people also behave in a fairly anti-social way. Stalking,
slander/libel, etc..

If pointing these things out and decrying them is bashing them and
shouldn't be done because they have been injured, what is the cutoff
point? Can they push over old ladies on the street? Can they rob banks?
Can they shoot Lasik doctors?

"You are hereby charged with the murder of Dr. So-and-so. How do you
plead?"

"Not guilty, because he wrecked my eyes!"

The fact they have been injured is not a panacea defense against any and
all future criticisms of their actions, no matter how out of line.

I've been on here a couple of years, and unless somebody has already
worked up a large amount of ill-will, anybody who has had a problem has
gotten advice on how to get treatment and support.

Now, as far as injured people in pain are concerned, I get occasional
kidney stones. The pain as a result of these is near indescribable. Does
this mean I have free reign to attack people on this group?

Ragnar

Nov 1, 2006, 11:52:44 AM11/1/06

Nobody is bashing any injured people.. unless someone broke Ace's
glasses.

Ragnar

Nov 1, 2006, 11:54:38 AM11/1/06
Don't even attempt to weasel out of that one Ace aka Malcontent.

shelle...@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2006, 3:22:41 PM11/1/06
Toad is so brilliant.....NOT.Wrong again.

serebel

Nov 1, 2006, 9:01:42 PM11/1/06

Nope, f*** the flappie loons such as your self. If I whined like
you, my parents would've shot me when I was three.

nickies...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 11:54:27 AM5/25/18
I had lasik surgery and every since I've had severe dizzy spells. I vomit, can't get out the bed for days . Every time I try to get up it get worst. I just want this to stop, if you're planning on getting lasik please think twice. This has been going on for four months now. Will it ever stop I pray, it plays a big part on daily life. Nor being able to perform in daily activities, feeling sick , and confined to the bed. I wish I knew this I would have Never gotten this done

Todd Rich

May 25, 2018, 12:03:17 PM5/25/18
nickies...@gmail.com wrote:
> I had lasik surgery and every since I've had severe dizzy spells. I vomit, can't get out the bed for days . Every time I try to get up it get worst. I just want this to stop, if you're planning on getting lasik please think twice. This has been going on for four months now. Will it ever stop I pray, it plays a big part on daily life. Nor being able to perform in daily activities, feeling sick , and confined to the bed. I wish I knew this I would have Never gotten this done

I had lasik surgery 14 years ago. I'm doing splendidly, and consider it
one of the best decisions I ever made.

The vast majority of people have my outcome over your outcome. And had I
your outcome as well, those ratios of vast majority getting a good outcome
would still be the same. Sorry you are having problems, but you are a
rare execption to the majority of outcomes.