Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Can you open your eyes under water after LASIK ?

814 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Rodo

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 01:02:0501/06/04
Hi all,

I'm not planning to go swimming the day after surgery. I'm just wondering if
there are any issues with opening my eyes under water way after surgery. By
way I mean 6-12 month. Is that even long enough ? Is this something I should
forget about doing ?

Right now it is pointless to open my eyes under water because ... I can't
see a thing :-)

Thanks

Glenn - USAEyes.org

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 01:07:1901/06/04
You will want to verify with your doctor when all is okay, but after a
period of time and healthy healing, you will be able to open your eyes
under water with virtually the same level of risk from the water
environment as if you had not had LASIK.

Glenn Hagele
Executive Director
Council for Refractive Surgery Quality Assurance

Email to glenn dot hagele at usaeyes dot org

http://www.USAEyes.org
http://www.ComplicatedEyes.org

I am not a doctor.

Ar Fai Ve

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 03:50:1501/06/04
"Rodo" <dsp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not planning to go swimming the day after surgery. I'm just wondering if
> there are any issues with opening my eyes under water way after surgery. By

Slightly related to your answer: my physician told me that
scuba diving is permitted 2 weeks after the lasik procedure,
barring complicatons.

Wal

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 07:27:1301/06/04
Hi Rodo,
"Rodo" <dsp...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I had Lasik in summer (February - Australia here) and I do a lot of swimming
so was bad timing in that regard. I swam a little after 2 weeks with goggles
on then at around 3 weeks I carefully opened my eyes under water. It felt a
little strange at first.

One thing you may find disappointing is that you still don't see real good
under there. Its really not a lot better than before. Bit of a bugger aye.
With goggles on it is great but always was much better pre lasik too. Tell
you what though its great at the beach. You can be out in the surf and look
onto the beach and actually see where you left your towel. Amazing !!!
Like others said here listen to what your doc says. They know best. Be
patient although its hard. I know I was jet skiing after 1 week - lucky I
never fell off.
Hope your lasik goes well. Don't be put off with all the negativity around
here. Some people are born wingers!!

Regards
Wal

Glenn - USAEyes.org

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 12:37:1901/06/04

>I had Lasik in summer (February - Australia here) and I do a lot of swimming
>so was bad timing in that regard.

Just in case those of us in the Northern Hemisphere have forgotten,
the seasons are opposite in Australia. February's weather would be
more like August's here.

Linda

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 17:21:3201/06/04
> I had Lasik in summer (February - Australia here) and I do a lot of swimming
> so was bad timing in that regard. I swam a little after 2 weeks with goggles
> on then at around 3 weeks I carefully opened my eyes under water. It felt a
> little strange at first.
>
> One thing you may find disappointing is that you still don't see real good
> under there. Its really not a lot better than before. Bit of a bugger aye.
> With goggles on it is great but always was much better pre lasik too. Tell
> you what though its great at the beach. You can be out in the surf and look
> onto the beach and actually see where you left your towel. Amazing !!!
> Like others said here listen to what your doc says. They know best. Be
> patient although its hard. I know I was jet skiing after 1 week - lucky I
> never fell off.
> Hope your lasik goes well. Don't be put off with all the negativity around
> here. Some people are born wingers!!
>
> Regards
> Wal

Hi Wal,
I was swimmimg in the surf without goggles about a month after Lasik.
I agree with your comments about not seeing any better under water! Oh
well, can't always get everything you want!
Regards,
Linda

Simpledog

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 20:25:4301/06/04
I went surfing one month after lasik. Ocean water is like a big giant
saline bath.

"Rodo" <dsp...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Glenn - USAEyes.org

da leggere,
1 giu 2004, 21:42:0101/06/04

>I went surfing one month after lasik. Ocean water is like a big giant
>saline bath.

With a gazillion things living in every cubic meter!

Simpledog

da leggere,
2 giu 2004, 09:48:0502/06/04
Hey, I didn't say it was sterilized...but it sure feels good on the old
eyes!

"Glenn - USAEyes.org" <glenn.hage...@USAEyes.org> wrote in message

DoctorMyEye

da leggere,
2 giu 2004, 20:54:3102/06/04
Glenn is making an important point. There is swimming...and then
there is swimming. In a chlorinated pool that is well-maintained, you
are not at risk.
In lake water or ocean water that is teeming with microbes, be very
careful.
You don't want to grow microbes under your flaps, or introduce too
much salt to your eyes that would de-hydrate them while they are
trying to heal.

One of Dr G's most common points here is that very few eyes are "lost"
to bacterial infections that completely eat a cornea, but one of the
most dangerous microbes to do so is acanthomoeba, which lives in a lot
of dirty rivers and lakes.

"Simpledog" <SPAMLESS...@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:<pUkvc.14028$hM4....@twister.socal.rr.com>...

irene...@gmail.com

da leggere,
19 lug 2016, 16:22:1619/07/16
my doctor told me NO swimming for minimum 2 months. id say 2 months just to be safe
0 nuovi messaggi