Help finding this kind of laser.

seanmonr...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2019, 3:46:13 PM4/10/19
I want to make an interactive map of the US for my kid. I thought it would be neat to have two linear lasers like the old bar code reader types and use them as an X and Y axis. When my kid puts a push pin into the map the lasers determine the position and assign it a value. I would like the effective optical range to be around 16 inches. Does anybody know if there are such lasers out there and can anybody point me in the right direction?

Sean Montano
seanmonr...@gmail.com
5054809358

Phil Hobbs

Apr 11, 2019, 4:55:21 PM4/11/19
Something like this?

<https://www.amazon.com/Meterk-Measuring-Switchable-Self-Leveling-Horizontal/dp/B07K1FCGNQ>?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

WisaBlockUSA

Apr 11, 2019, 7:38:54 PM4/11/19
not exactly, It is a 2 dimensional application so the two lasers are on the same plane or just right above/beneath the other.