The noun forms as used by saiffudin saif

bekas Murray

Mar 29, 2022, 7:25:46 PM3/29/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXNKkhuBz9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPaqvhvl9M

if it helps the person speaking them is supposed to be from bhopal I guess.

Singular suage
tha yaqeeN ke aa'ay gi ye raataaN kabhi

Plural usage?
1. tha yaqeeN ke aa'aiN gi ye raataaN kabhi
2. tha yaqeeN ke aa'aiN gi ye raataiN kabhi

Irfan Abid

Apr 3, 2022, 4:43:42 PM4/3/22
Bekas sb, aadaab!

Although the songs you shared are from a movie about a Bhopali ("Suraiya Bhopali"), I suspect the words "raataaN" and "tasviiraaN" in these songs have more to do with the Punjabi background of the lyricist (Saifuddin Saif) than the story or the character of the film. Both words are used in Punjabi. Although I am not an expert in Bhopali dialect, I believe Bhopalis probably say "raateN" and "tasveereN." Hyderabadis, however, would say "raataaN" and "tasveeraaN" as Punjabis.

Regarding the verb, when "raataaN" is used in Urdu, the verb should be "aayeNgii," not "aayegii." In the song, the singer does seem to say "aayegii" most of the time. But at a couple places, I heard it as "aayengii." Not sure what is going on here.

Sincerely,
Irfan :Abid:

bekas Murray

Apr 3, 2022, 7:28:57 PM4/3/22
Irfan sahab,
Most of these are used as singular or plurals where it has the same form as the singular
Next line is "tum se hove gi mulaqataaN kabhi". Here mulaqataaN is singular not the plural of mulaqaat as in panjabi.

"jane kyaa khabaaN suhaane sochiyaaN" is I think the equivalent of "jaane kyaa khaab suhaane soche". Here khaab is used as plural but is also the singular form
"daikh ker mehandi lage hathaaN kabhi" = "daikh ker mehandi lage haath kabhi". Again here haath is used as plural but is the same as the singular form
"jhoom kar aaii jo barsaataaN kabhi"= "jhoom kar aaii jo barsat kabhi". Here barsaataaN is used as singular.
"aaj mera dil muraadaaN paa gaya" can be either "aaj mera dil murad paa gaya" (singular) or "aaj mera dil muraadaiN paa gaya" (plural)
"aik sapna thi ye baataaN kabhi" = "aik sapnaa thi ye baat kabhi" (singular)

So in "normal" urdu we would write this as (I have used a new line per phrase)
tha yaqeen ke aa'ey gi ye raat kabhi
tum se hove gi mulaqaat kabhi
jaane kya kya khaab suhane soche
jaane kyun bajtii rahiN shahnaa'iiyaaN
daikh kar mehandi lage haath kabhi
kon karta hijr maiN dildaariyaaN
mai ke seene main jali angaareeyaaN (she says angeyaariaaN)
jhoom kar aaii jo barsaat kabhi
aaj mera dil murad pa gaya
jis ko chaha tha wo aakhir aa gaya
aik sapna thi yehi baat kabhi

Now try to translate that in panjabi. Its hard to fit these forms in

> Sincerely,
> Irfan :Abid:

bekas Murray

Apr 5, 2022, 9:52:25 PM4/5/22
Making some corrections. And what I think he is using as a consistent rule (whether he is making it up or whether this sort of diction exists)
1. All the noun words raataaN, mulaaqaataaN, khaabaaN, shahnaa'ii, haathaaN,, dildaariyaaN, angaariyaaN, barsaataaN , muraadaaN are used as singular.
2. Khaab is taken as feminine.
3. Seperating the completion of each idea by a blank line.

tha yaqeen ke aa'ey gi ye raat kabhi
tum se hove gi mulaqaat kabhi

jaane kya khaab suhaani sochii
jaane kyun bajtii rahi shahnaa'ii
daikh kar mehndi lage haath kabhi

kon karta hijr maiN dildaarii
mal ke seene main jali angaarii
jhoom kar aaii jo barsaat kabhi

aaj mera dil murad pa gaya
jis ko chaha tha wo aakhir aa gaya
aik sapna thi yehi baat kabhi

II
1. phool kali is used as singular (an equivalent example would be phool pattii used as singular)
2. singular form: tasveeraaN, khaabaaN, ta'abiraaN, khayaalaaN, baataaN, raataaN, ZanjeeraaN, tehreeraaN, gulzaaraaN, dildaaraaN, taqdeeraaN

jis taraf aankh uthaa'ooN tairi tasveer hai
nahiN ma'aloom ye khaab hai ke ta'abir hai

yaad karti hooN khayaal main teri baat ko
dil e betaab mujhay jagaa'ay hai raat ko
ab teraa pyaar mere paa'oN ki zanjeer hai

kaisaa deewaana banaayaa hai tairay jalwoN ne
her gulistaaN ko sajaayaa hai taire jalwoN ne
phool kali bhi tairay husn ki tehreer hai

phool kali ki mehek aati hai gulzaar se
dard e furqat ki dawa mil gayi dildar se
paa liyaa tujhe ye meri taqdeer hai