saaqii

bekas Murray

Jun 4, 2021, 5:54:29 PM6/4/21
aanan faanan naageh saaqii
saghar hai na hai miina baaqii
be naam o nishaaN wo maray bekas
naagaasaakii naagaasaakii

Zoya

Jun 6, 2021, 7:30:50 PM6/6/21
Bekas sahib,

I want to let you know that I have read your composition more than once, and I've been thinking about it. It is like an abstract painting! :)

I have three observations/questions:

1. I'm not sure if it is actually meaningful content, or you just put this together to get student reader's attention focused on the craft of constructing Urdu poetry meters. Yes?

2. Is one of the points being made is to analyze which 2 s may be split as 1-1? And will doing so change the beHr of any of the misraas, and is it legit? Kind of like Sarwar sahib's recent sawaal in another thread. Yes/No?

3. Can 'qii' and' kii' be ham_qafiia? Yes/No/Maybe??

*Will you please let me know if I am reading too much into your post, perhaps based on my recent 'Arooz' exercise experience? If Yes, then tell me to quit overthinking! If No, then please define the question(s), I readily admit that I am no good at spotting/solving riddles.

*If my stydy buddy Nagesh sahib is reading this, I want him to pitch in, please.

*If one of my ustaads has any input/hints/suggestions, please Sirs?

Someone please talk about all this before it starts haunting me and I start saying "naagaasaakii naagaasaakii" in my sleep! :-)

Thank you Bekas sahib, Maybe. :)

_____Zoya

bekas Murray

Jun 6, 2021, 10:14:53 PM6/6/21
It's just a poem :)

Zoya

Jun 6, 2021, 10:55:30 PM6/6/21
On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:14:53 PM UTC-5, bekas Murray wrote:

> It's just a poem :)

Just a poem?! Nothing more to it?! :-)

vaise qaafiye kaa masa'ala to hai. lekin ChhoRiye, it is just a poem!!

Good, now I can go to sleep peacefully. :-))

_______Zoya

Nagesh

Jun 7, 2021, 7:12:38 AM6/7/21
Just a poem? So I don't need to chime?

Nagesh

Zoya

Jun 7, 2021, 10:18:45 AM6/7/21
On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 6:12:38 AM UTC-5, Nagesh wrote:
> Just a poem? So I don't need to chime?
>
> Nagesh

Yeah Nagesh sahib, what an anti climax! :)

Bekas sahib, are you sure it is "just a poem"? aap zaraa is shahkaar par nazar-e-saani kiijiye.
We are so ready to turn it into a "song and dance sequence", I can even hear the drumbeats! :-))

Ready for a chorus,

_______Zoya

bekas Murray

Jun 7, 2021, 7:29:27 PM6/7/21
paRhne wale is so jo bhi kaam le lain :)