whereto next?

Mueller Family Schola

Jan 4, 2024, 5:44:04 PMJan 4
Dear Latinists,

I'm sure you see the message up at the top of the screen:

"Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today."

I clicked on "Learn More," where I read that in order to keep this Latin group active into the indefinite future (not a grammar joke...), someone, presumably an admin of some sort, needs to
— "Find a new Usenet client" or
— "Find a new public Usenet server",
and that when such action is taken,
— "All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose".

So... whereto next? Any thoughts or ideas as to which Usenet space shall contain the non-spam contributors of this Latin group from Feb. 23rd onward?

(Or shall it just vanish into the ether?)

Very sincerely yours,
ChoirMan

Ed Cryer

Jan 5, 2024, 4:47:21 AMJan 5
Stop using Google Groups.
I've always used Thunderbird (Betterbird now) with eternal-september
news-server. Follow my lead.

Ed