UPDATOR or UPDATER?

Matt Verona

Oct 22, 2001, 9:58:15 AM10/22/01

Hello,

I'm having difficulty determining the correct spelling for the word updator
OR updater?

Word 2002's spell checker recommends changing the word UPDATOR to UPDATER,
while the UNIX spell checker wants to change UPDATER to UPDATOR.

So these spell checkers are completely opposite in their recommended fixes
for this word.

I also found lots of spellings of UPDATOR and UPDATER on the Internet (various
web page hits for the word), so now I'm completely confused as to which spelling
to use...

I need to use this word a lot in a paper I am writing, so I would very much
like to know what the preferred spelling is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Matt Verona
Houston Texas
USA

like....@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 9:30:32 PM1/31/16
เมื่อ วันจันทร์ที่ 22 ตุลาคม ค.ศ. 2001 20 นาฬิกา 58 นาที 15 วินาที UTC+7, Matt Verona เขียนว่า:
See: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/updater