[NGL] Vocabulary re-proposal :-)

1 view

Jack Durst

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 13:30:16 -0330
From: Stephen DeGrace <c72...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Subject: [NGL] Vocabulary re-proposal :-)

From: Stephen DeGrace <c72...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>

I'm going to cut and paste my last vocab from "Matiu' 18:21-35" to
re-propose some coinings. Starred extries are, of course, proposals.

Dilvaib (Vocabulary):

*jeik V - own # belong

This is a re-proposal.

huyfe V - accept # refuse ({huy} + {fe})
*guva V - summon, procure # dismiss, dispose of

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/937/5/_/415547/_/952275518/

Jack Durst

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
to N...@onelist.com
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Stephen DeGrace wrote:

> I'm going to cut and paste my last vocab from "Matiu' 18:21-35" to
> re-propose some coinings. Starred extries are, of course, proposals.

Excelent.

> Dilvaib (Vocabulary):
> *jeik V - own # belong
> This is a re-proposal.

I don't recall the discussion if there was any...

The invčrse meaning is a bit strange... I'd just have combined them into a
single combined meaning "have/own/belong to". I'd limit it to the
ownership sense of have/belong to, and let {das} take the other meaning.

If so, seconded, otherwise no objection.

> huyfe V - accept # refuse ({huy} + {fe})

Excelent derivation! I love it.

> *guva V - summon, procure # dismiss, dispose of

I'd add "bring" to the positive meaning (distinguished from summon where
nessicary as {aguva/u'gůva} the same as {atibe/u'těbe}). Seconded either
way.

Sincerely,
Jack Durst
Sp...@sierra.net