Re: America's Best Colleges 2008: Forbes

harmony

Sep 18, 2008, 12:07:51 PM9/18/08

"Romanise" <jos...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:0c020eef-5a2d-4a92...@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
On Sep 18, 5:06 am, The Deep <dinpra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The ones seeking employment outside India should attempt to learn
> > > things on their own - employment seekers are (usually) adults. The
> > > state does not owe them the facilities.

> Oh, this last cryptic comment is directed at Prof. Joshi (aka
> Romanise), who originally mooted the idea of kids getting exposed to
> various scripts, and followed that with a statement that knowledge of
> the Arabic script would be useful to people seeking employment
> opportunities in the Gulf states.
>
> Cheers
> Dinesh

I am of the opinion that no language needs be taught at school level
fo those who do not wish to learn them. I am sure every Indian would
want to learn English as early and as fast as possible.

nonsense.
english is an imposition. if it weren't for all these congress-supported
kirastanistas schools plotting to undo hindusim the hindus would have
learned sanskrit.
i can't believe some hindu kids go to st. xavier's school. the guy was
torturer from goa inquistion. and congressi govt funds that school.
congressi rule has meant pspreading profound ignorance.
sanskrit is the foundation for the most ideal civilization. it is the ideal
language for computers too. it is too bad ramrajya has not received its due
consideration.
a great start in sanskrit can be made for the good of all humanity if the
brits would pay back to the hindus for all the colonial loot.

Fighting that
is not possible. But that language cannot very effectively be a school
medium for practically any Indian. Whatever is used as medium children
know it before they enter school. They get only literacy in them and
then use as medium for anything taught to them.

Hindi, Sanskrit or any language that is not the medium should be left
for post-school period.

Multiplicity of scripts are not going to disappear from India. If
children at around 4th grade (when Sanskrit starts in Central Schols)
are exposed to scripts other than that of the language in which they
are made literate, prejudices are likely to be less at older age.

Gulf countries are going to remain job givers to skilled but not
highly educated Indians for some time. For children on the west cost
of India, of Gujarat, of Karnataka, of Kerala Arabic script can be an
added skill.

Wanderer

Sep 18, 2008, 8:58:13 PM9/18/08
harmony aka pradipshit parekh wrote:

> nonsense.
> english is an imposition. if it weren't for all these congress-supported
> kirastanistas schools plotting to undo hindusim the hindus would have
> learned sanskrit.

No doubt that is a very good reason why you live in a Sanskrit-speaking
town like Victoria, with great Sanskrit schools like Chandler Elementary
and Crain Middle School, and where all official government work is done
in Sanskrit.

What I truly cannot stand about you is the fact that you are such an
egregiously hypocritical bastard. Having differing views is one thing,
but you are a despicable, lying piece of shit mongrel, an unwanted sore
on the landscape of Texas and a canker in the heart of America.