brits must pay for the restoration of hindu civilization and culture

1 view

harmony

Sep 18, 2008, 12:31:17 PM9/18/08
britain destoryed hindu culture and supplnated their own in order to control
india. they imposed english language on hindus. they took sansrit out from
the schools as the main language of instructions. the british idea was to
create millions of hindu clerks to serve the evil british colonisation of
india. the result was the hindus spoke bad english and bad sankrit. this is
such a trauma for the hindus, a people of incredibly great civilization who
have been rendered totally inarticulate - just look at this poor post -
because they can't develop their natural environment because they don't have
thier own language to work with in the higher learning and govt.

so here is the sane civilized neat solution:
britian must pay the hindus for centuries of loot by the colonial brits.
this will help restore the hindu culture thr' sanskirt language. one of the
big reasons hebrew could take off well in israel is that germany paid
handsomely to israel. now brits don't have to worry about the hindus not
warming upto english for call centers. so, don't worry, just get it going.
let's all serve the humanity thr' sanskrit which is the foundation of all
good civilizations (which means 3m are out).

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 18, 2008, 11:23:01 PM9/18/08
On Sep 19, 2:31 am, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> britain destoryed hindu culture and supplnated their own in order to control
> india. they imposed english language on hindus. they took sansrit out from
> the schools as the main language of instructions. the british idea was to
> create millions of hindu clerks to serve the evil british colonisation of
> india. the result was the hindus spoke bad english and bad sankrit. this is
> such a trauma for the hindus, a people of incredibly great civilization who
> have been rendered totally inarticulate -   just look at this poor post -
> because they can't develop their natural environment because they don't have
> thier own language to work with in the higher learning and govt.

what sorrowful thoughts - dil dukha diyay, hai-hai. Still, it is from
pain and sorrow that the most beautiful objects are formed, yay bhi
sahi hai.

> so here is the sane civilized neat solution:
> britian must pay the hindus for centuries of loot by the colonial brits.

No chance, their Indian loyals (Macaulay ka bacchas and the far more
numerous wannabe sos) also took part in the loot. All a brit has to
do is to show us the letter of Rammohun, and point to the huge palaces
made by the wannabe-kshatriya rajas and zamindars (who also profited
enormously from the trade and protection of the East India Company).

> this will help restore the hindu culture thr' sanskirt language. one of the
> big reasons hebrew could take off well in israel is that germany paid
> handsomely to israel. now brits don't have to worry about the hindus not
> warming upto english for call centers. so, don't worry, just get it going.
> let's all serve the humanity thr' sanskrit which is the foundation of all
> good civilizations (which means 3m are out).

Great idea, let us learn to get rich first (without compensation from
anyone, just through our own efforts), then learn to get generous
second, and after that become so wonderfully learned and humane.

harmony

Sep 20, 2008, 3:55:42 PM9/20/08

"Arindam Banerjee" <adda...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

there is a different angle to this.
brits love to have a seat at the table where anything great is taking place
and where brits would have a slightest interest.
surely they would like the hindus to thank them when sanskrit is all the
rage down the years - and which is sure to happen.
(as the days go by the hindu interest in hindu arts is increasing
considerably).
brits wouldn't want to miss out this one.

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 21, 2008, 3:22:50 AM9/21/08

"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

AB: Again, you are right. Some twenty years ago, I read in the Economist an
article by one Mr Kaye (I think that was the name, but I could be wrong, it
was such a long while ago) who seemed genuinely struck by the superiority of
the highest traditional Eastern thought processes. He was bitterly
lamenting about the English-speaking world not giving due credit to it,
while they were in power. Finding the Indian languages and manners far too
advanced, they took the deplorable Macaulay line in debunking them
wholesale, rather than internalising them. The non-English Western world
definitely did (meaning first the Germans primarily and after independence
the Russians to a lesser extent) pay much more attention to, and had higher
regard for, Sanskritic thought. It is not that the English neglected to
absorb as much as they could, but they did it surreptitiously, not giving
credit. Like, English hygiene was deplorable till they came into contact
with Indians. And they got their naval superiority because of the lascars
(Bengali sailors) who could jump up and down the masts like monkeys, so the
English ships could out manoevre the other warships; and we all know about
the Gurkhas. English naval and subsequent world supremacy came from the loot
of India - they built a very strong navy to beat the upcoming US pirates,
and were always way above the French. Their surplus wealth made them the
leaders in the Industrial Revolution, and what with the huge captive Indian
market and the obsequious brown sahibs with no greater desire than to please
them, they had a real whale of a time till Hitler and Churchill spoilt the
party. Even the slave-trading genociding USAns could not keep up - to get
any regard they had to marry off their heiresses to the poorer elemnents of
English aristocracy, and thus they climbed back into favour as "cousins" in
due course. To steal when robbing was not necessary or possible, to not
give credit where due, was simply a way of life for the ruling British, all
that cemented by purely self-serving racist attitudes, not unmixed with
bigotry. Of course there were many exceptions, some Indian people were in
fact highly recognised and knighted for good conduct and great achievement.
But on the whole the common attitude was one of condescension, like, how
could our so easily subjugated subjects possibly have superior language,
culture, religion, manners - ever!!!! The matter was just unthinkable,
and there was no need to go into any details!!! Then there was no dearth of
people to explain how much India had profited from British rule - and why
not, the former Muslim rule was nothing to speak about, and who remembered
Hindu rule?

Still, the highest British minds were not blind to the injustice done to
Indians. The danger of not paying the piper (deliberate injustice in
matters of payment for services received) was made clear in the poem "The
Pied Piper of Hamlin" by Robert Browning. Interestingly, the people of
Hamlin, who did not pay the piper for clearing their town of rats, lost all
their children to the piper and his music. Now does this ring a bell for
the Western demographers of our time?? Can those whose lives are somehow
based upon a structure of evasion, be solid and worthy parents?

As for the future, who knows. If the Indians regain their manliness and so
emphasise Sanskrit and the vernaculars - like if they decide in Parliament
that in ten years time all higher eduction in universities will be imparted
in the state's vernacular, and make it a law - there is no doubt that the
British will scramble to learn the Indian languages. They know that these
days population counts very much in business matters - with an early lead,
they will keep their bases intact and maybe even improve. They are nothing
if not clever... but sometimes being too clever, the Hamlin way that is, is
perilous and really stupid, for just look at Macaulay. He did get his
nation of obsequious clerks, but the English also failed to get the
strengths of the Indian languages and Sanskrit. Had that mediocre poet
decided otherwise, England and India would have been at the very top today.
The English would have had far better food, thoughts, family values, music,
skills, peace... Still, even with Macaulay, the sahib-babu combine was
world-beating. upto a point. And as for Macaulay, he would have deserved
better than the following parody of his bombastic and faux-heroic poetic
style - probably superior to anything he wrote:

Pour, varlet, pour, the water, the water boiling hot -
One teaspoon for every man of us, and another for the pot.

Arindam Banerjee.