(Sci)TECO runs in your browser now!

Robin Haberkorn

Feb 18, 2014, 10:13:17 AM2/18/14
Hi guys,

I recently created a Sourceforge project for SciTECO and prepared an interesting "homepage": sciteco.sf.net
That's right, this is SciTECO completely running in your browser!

I noticed that no one's really using my editor, and it is hard to convince even advanced users. The perceived difficulty of learning TECO puts off many people.
[deleted: Rant about incurious IT-people :-)]

However, now you can show your neighbors, children and girlfriends just how awesome TECO is, without even installing it. ;-)

Have fun,
Robin

beaucham...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2014, 1:58:33 PM3/1/14
That's awesome!
I've had problem with sciteco, where it wouldn't build. So, it's nice to have it everywhere.

Thanks!

Robin Haberkorn

Mar 4, 2014, 7:22:41 AM3/4/14
Hello,

I've recently fixed a long-standing build issue. It had to do with sciteco building and using itself during its build process. There was a massive memory corruption -- that only manifests itself with higher optimization levels and newer GCC versions.
However now, you will also need recent Scintilla/Scinterm versions to build sciteco. If you are comfortable with performing all the steps in sciteco's installation instructions you could give it another try. Feel free to email me in case of problems.
I would like to prepare another release, but at least I wanted to get the lexing/syntax highlighting right, which turns out not to be trivial at all...

best regards,
robin

Joseph Barrera

Jan 6, 2015, 4:17:39 PM1/6/15