Initial release of SciTECO

robin.h...@googlemail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 6:56:29 PM3/20/13
Dear Earthlings,

I hereby announce the first release of SciTECO (v0.5).
SciTECO is a Scintilla-based interactive Text Editor and COrrector, vaguely resembling Video TECO.
It features a Curses and GTK+ user interface, a powerful language, all the benefits of being based on an existing editor component and is very interactive. It is the most interactive TECO that has ever been devised.

SciTECO deprecates both Vi and emacs ;-)

I invite you to parcipate in SciTECO's development.
Send me bug reports, feature requests, fixes and pull requests!
Have a look at the TODO file for known bugs and planned features.

There is still a lot to do and a few rough edges but SciTECO already works reasonably well.

Homepage: http://rhaberkorn.github.com/sciteco/
Repository: git://github.com/rhaberkorn/sciteco.git

Binary and source downloads: http://rhaberkorn.heliohost.org/sciteco/
Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~robin-haberkorn/+archive/sciteco

Have fun,
Robin

n.theodore.m...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2016, 5:22:57 PM12/15/16
You might be joking but it's true. SciTECO at least deprecates vim. It has everything vim has and more, in a smaller and more elegant package. Could do with a mac maintainer though (I use a Macbook Pro).