Q/G separate or merged?

Lars Brinkhoff

Oct 5, 2021, 2:23:46 AM10/5/21
According to this questions, some versions of TECO have separate storage
spaces for Q/U and G/X, perhaps starting already with Murphy's PDP-1 TECO.
MIT's PDP-6 and ITS TECO certainly have a single space.

Which TECOs have them split?

https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.com/questions/21927/which-versions-of-teco-had-merged-g-and-q-registers

Robin Haberkorn

Oct 24, 2021, 12:44:59 AM10/24/21
Hello Lars!
Of all the TECO UNIX ports I have seen - I never had access to authentic hardware of the era - all of them had combined Q-Registers (ie. each register has a numeric and string cell under the same name). My own implementation, SciTECO, also follows this tradition.
Best regards,
Robin