Question about Classic PowerBASIC Console Compiler 4.0

Basic Guy

Jul 22, 2010, 9:02:23 AM7/22/10
Does the Classic PowerBASIC Console Compiler 4.0 have all the same
graphics commands that PB 3.5/Dos has?

If I have a PB/Dos program that performs lots of graphics commands
(SCREEN, VIEW, PSET, LINE, etc) will these function correctly when
compiled on the PB console Compiler 4? Or does that compiler limited to
just text output as far as screen functions go?

Olav

Jul 22, 2010, 9:52:27 AM7/22/10

"Basic Guy" <Ba...@Guy.com> skrev i melding

> Does the Classic PowerBASIC Console Compiler 4.0 have all the same
> graphics commands that PB 3.5/Dos has?
>
> If I have a PB/Dos program that performs lots of graphics commands
> (SCREEN, VIEW, PSET, LINE, etc) will these function correctly when
> compiled on the PB console Compiler 4?

I would be surprised it it did.

> Or does that compiler limited to
> just text output as far as screen functions go?

No. Graphics in PBCC is done through the GRAPHIC keyword.
See http://www.powerbasic.com/support/help/pbcc/index.htm

--
Olav

John Larkin

Jul 25, 2010, 1:49:43 PM7/25/10

PBCC has good graphics, better than the DOS version, but it's
different. Here's an example:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/GR8.jpg

John