Re: PB/DOS 3.5 -> Code become corrupted in the IDE during editing

Robert Wolfe

Jun 15, 2015, 10:57:31 PM6/15/15
->
->"Basic Guy" <Ba...@Guy.com> skrev i melding
->news:4BA1998A...@Guy.com...
->> Someone tell me if this is a known issue or observation about PB 3.5 for
->> DOS. I've been using this for quite a few years (roughly 10 years) and
->> I don't see this happen all the time, but when it does happen - it's a
->> pain.
->>
->> I was working on some code today and when I copied a line of code near
->> the top of the program and pasted it just under it on the next line. I
->> edited a few things on that line, and then hit page-down to get to the
->> last page of code. But some code on that page was screwed up, and some
->> was missing. And a few lines from near the top of the program where I
->> was cutting/pasting seemed to have been duplicated in place of the
->> missing code on the last page.
->>
->> Is this a known IDE code/corruption phenomena?
->>
->> I also have PB 3.0 or 3.1, and when I copied the source file to that
->> program's file directory and tried to edit it there, the same thing
->> happened. Is this some sort of corruption of the source file?
->
->I had the same problem with v3.2. In addition to this it happened that all
->the contents of the source file was deleted when I pressed F1 or ALT-F1.
->E-mailed PB about it, but have never received a response.
->
->Have you run or debugged your application in the IDE before you starts to
->edit the source file?
->It yes then your app probably have caused a memory override somewhere, and
->that this most likely has corrupted the IDE's memory.

It might just be an issue with the OS, too. I've seen this happen in a
Windows Command prompt session, but not in an OS/2 or eComStation DOS session
(windowed or full screen).

...Truthful: Dumb and illiterate.
---BapStats Module (bsDBASE v6.1 Build 1)