Announcing: Component INTERCAL for the .NET platform

jason.wh...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 8:32:12 AM1/31/17
I recently plugged a USB drive I found in a parking lot into my computer and discovered that it contained some pornography, a keylogger, and a new INTERCAL runtime targeting the .NET platform. I have shared the INTERCAL implementation on GitHub.

This implementation appears to support compiling INTERCAL into both library assemblies (.dll) and executables (.exe). These assemblies can be referenced at compile time and loaded at runtime. For example syslib.i is distributed as part of the DLL intercal.runtime.dll and is implicitly referenced at compile time.

INTERCAL DLLs can be linked and called via ordinary INTERCAL calls like "DO (1010) NEXT". This means you don't have to append syslib.i to all of your programs. Bug fixes can be deployed by just updating DLLs and versioning can be managed via .NET version redirection (which in itself is easily as arcane and painful as anything INTERCAL has to offer).

With this compiler libraries can be written in other languages and called by INTERCAL. Likewise DLLs written in INTERCAL can be consumed from other languages.

In this way it should be possible to begin migrating .NET applications to INTERCAL.

Code is available here:
https://github.com/jawhitti/INTERCAL