[announcement] INTERCAL On Interstates

intercalon...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2013, 8:23:25 PM3/31/13
The INTERCAL On Interstates team is pleased to announce the release of
INTERCAL On Interstates 1.0.

INTERCAL On Interstates is a bold new web application framework designed
to propel your application into the 21st century. We have added several
extensions to the INTERCAL language to facilitate this, including automatic
translation of strings inside rabbit ears to onespot arrays, an extension to
READ OUT which can be used to read out files from a disk, and a database
access library called ActiveCassette.

We hope that this new framework will be adopted by webapp developers
seeking a new, dynamic way to create their applications.

See more at http://www.intercaloninterstates.org.

ais523

Apr 1, 2013, 3:03:16 AM4/1/13
The source code appears to be missing from the distribution. I'd be very
interested to see how this was implemented (and might be able to help
implement it). In particular, INTERCAL is very bad at string handling
(although it could probably handle the other parts of the framework
adequately).

Is the syntax/semantics finalised yet? There are a couple of obvious
improvements. For instance, you're using a couple of magical variable
numbers; while this is reasonable as a whole, there's a longstanding
convention that numbers defined by the C-INTERCAL compiler (or
derivatives of it, I guess) should be 4-decimal-digit numbers starting
with 1 (in order to avoid clashes). (There's actually a further
convention for C-INTERCAL that numbers used for language features should
start with 16, but I could understand using a different prefix for this,
as it's quite different from other language extensions.)

Finally, I'd recommend that you link to the latest version of the
C-INTERCAL compiler; the released versions are at
<http://c.intercal.org.uk>, and the repository for the version under
development at <https://gitorious.org/intercal>.

--
ais523
C-INTERCAL maintainer

/replace qwertyuiop with news/

Apr 1, 2013, 4:15:34 AM4/1/13
On 2013-04-01, ais523 wrote:
> The source code appears to be missing from the distribution. I'd be very

Well, I don't know. It seemed to be all there unfortunately I saved
it to my new diskless NAS and it seems to have disappeared before I
could look at it.

> interested to see how this was implemented (and might be able to help
> implement it). In particular, INTERCAL is very bad at string handling
> (although it could probably handle the other parts of the framework
> adequately).

I'd offer to help too but given I manage to be already 4 years late
in delivering the next version of my own compiler, probably not a good
idea.

> Finally, I'd recommend that you link to the latest version of the
> C-INTERCAL compiler; the released versions are at
><http://c.intercal.org.uk>, and the repository for the version under

That may or may not work depending on the phase of the moon and the
server's unexplainable compiler error (when the server works, the phase
of the moon can be inspected at http://c.intercal.org.uk/moon ).

Anyway, this is all displacement activity to try and delay the escape
of my compiler by another year....

C.

spartan.the

Sep 20, 2014, 10:19:48 PM9/20/14
Our company is considering to pick INTERCAL on Interstates as a strategic platform for a near future and increased job security.

However I noticed that it is Web 2.0 - compatible. Do you have any plans for Web 3.0?