Re: Delphi XE8 no disk bitching.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 5, 2015, 9:24:05 AM6/5/15
(Repost to include other newsgroups too).

Also TSynEdit and TVirtualTreeString seem to cause VCL exceptions in IDE.

Try Skybuck's ODE, widestring has to be changed to string and then it should
compile.

GetText event handler needs to be changed.

Original posting:

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Strangle enough

Delphi XE8 BDS.exe starts to bitch about: "no disk".

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert disk into drive
\Device\Harddisk5\DR5.

I changed CatalogRepository folder settings not sure if that has anything to
do with it.

I'd like to download source code to my own folders for storage purposes and
I use
virtual file disk images to store my code in.

Delphi has to work with this and also constant changes of drive letters when
rebooting
otherwise Delphi will be useless for me.

Tip for devs: Try to avoid using drive letters, instead use relative paths !

Bye,
Skybuck.