Delphi on Win 7 64-bit

1 view

scbs29

Feb 9, 2015, 9:17:50 AM2/9/15
Hello all
Many years ago I used Delphi 2 and would like to start using Delphi
again. I am not bothered with cloud, .net, mobile apps etc, just a
plain straightforward version with ADO if possible. I would also like
to be able to display .png and .jpg files with in the propgeam, either
through something built in or through an ActiveX control.
Can anyone advise me which versions of Delphi will suffice for my
requirements ?
Again I would be happy with Delphi 2 if it will run ok on WIn 7 Pro
64-bit.
TIA

--
remove fred before emailing
Registered Linux User 490858

Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Feb 9, 2015, 7:35:29 PM2/9/15
In article <k5ghdap7jhvofilgr...@4ax.com>, scbs29
@fred.talktalk.net says...

> Hello all
> Many years ago I used Delphi 2 and would like to start using Delphi
> again. I am not bothered with cloud, .net, mobile apps etc, just a
> plain straightforward version with ADO if possible. I would also like
> to be able to display .png and .jpg files with in the propgeam, either
> through something built in or through an ActiveX control.
> Can anyone advise me which versions of Delphi will suffice for my
> requirements ?
> Again I would be happy with Delphi 2 if it will run ok on WIn 7 Pro
> 64-bit.
> TIA

It's up there in the XE level now

It seems you have been out of it for a few years now.
Borland has long sold it.

Search for Delphi XE7

Embarcadero

There is also Lazarus-ide which is free, it's an open source project
but it memics Delphi 7 and supports the 32 or 64 bit os.

Jamie