Pull-down menus in PowerBasic 2.1

Mark E. Smith

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

I'm looking for a way to include simple pull-down menus in a
PowerBasic 2.1 program. Can anyone direct me to a fully-cooked,
ready-to-eat solution? All the routines I've found on the net
have been for either QuickBasic 4.5 or PowerBasic 3.0 and above.
--
Mark E. Smith <msm...@tfs.net>
DO-IT-YOURSELF MYTH NO. 3: Free speech is a fine thing, but it

Peter Cooper

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

In article <xTekyId4...@tfs.net>, "Mark E. Smith" <msm...@tfs.net>
writes

>I'm looking for a way to include simple pull-down menus in a
>PowerBasic 2.1 program. Can anyone direct me to a fully-cooked,
>ready-to-eat solution? All the routines I've found on the net
>have been for either QuickBasic 4.5 or PowerBasic 3.0 and above.

My reply is from quotes of your post..

' DO-IT-YOURSELF Mark, it is a fine thing, eat control'

umm, hehe, Perhaps you could write it yourself.. It's not demanding,
it's text. :) It's no major mathematical hassle, just some programming
=)

Ignore my ignorance

Cheers,
[ Peter Cooper ] - [ pe...@trenham.demon.co.uk ]
Manager of Nemesis NetIndex
http://www.trenham.demon.co.uk/
'The Quality Way To Find Quality Sites'

msm...@tfs.net

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

In article <R47SuoAr...@trenham.demon.co.uk>,

Peter Cooper <pe...@trenham.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> umm, hehe, Perhaps you could write it yourself.. It's not demanding,
> it's text. :) It's no major mathematical hassle, just some programming
> =)

Well, why didn't I think of that myself?
Thanks for the brainstorm; you've been ever so helpful.

Peter Cooper

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

In article <8488668...@dejanews.com>, msm...@tfs.net writes

>> umm, hehe, Perhaps you could write it yourself.. It's not demanding,
>> it's text. :) It's no major mathematical hassle, just some programming
>> =)
>
>Well, why didn't I think of that myself?
>Thanks for the brainstorm; you've been ever so helpful.

Haha, sarcasm _and_ wit! A double strike in one day :) Look, it doesnt
take a genius to sit down for a few hours and work it out..

Plenty of nice stages:

Detect keypresses
Act on them

Draw rows of menu items
Let arrow keys move a highlight bar up and down
Let Enter (or something) select the item

Arthur Ellen

Nov 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/29/96

I'd kind of like to give a menu routine a try: How
would you select an item in a row?

Peter Cooper (pe...@trenham.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: In article <8488668...@dejanews.com>, msm...@tfs.net writes

pe...@peterc.org

May 4, 2018, 5:25:48 PM5/4/18
On Tuesday, November 19, 1996 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Mark E. Smith wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to include simple pull-down menus in a
> PowerBasic 2.1 program. Can anyone direct me to a fully-cooked,
> ready-to-eat solution? All the routines I've found on the net
> have been for either QuickBasic 4.5 or PowerBasic 3.0 and above.
> --
> Mark E. Smith <msm...@tfs.net>
> DO-IT-YOURSELF MYTH NO. 3: Free speech is a fine thing, but it
> has been taken too far in the case of ______, who should be
> brought under control immediately.

OK, I'm intrigued what happens if I respond to a 22 year old Usenet post nowadays..

Auric__

May 5, 2018, 12:31:14 AM5/5/18
peter wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 19, 1996 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Mark E. Smith wrote:
>> I'm looking for a way to include simple pull-down menus in a
>> PowerBasic 2.1 program. Can anyone direct me to a fully-cooked,
>> ready-to-eat solution? All the routines I've found on the net
>> have been for either QuickBasic 4.5 or PowerBasic 3.0 and above.
>
> OK, I'm intrigued what happens if I respond to a 22 year old Usenet post
> nowadays..

Nothing. Especially in a dead group.

--
- You have no idea how much I hate askin' this of you.
- You didn't ask. I'm volunteering to do it of my own free will.

Gordon Henderson

May 5, 2018, 1:58:05 AM5/5/18
In article <04f52afb-9a30-4da0...@googlegroups.com>,
Some people get grumpy about resurrecting a long-dead thread and
disturbing our sleep...

-Gordon