[ANN] decb, the DEC-20 BASIC interpreter in retired

Antonio Maschio

Aug 29, 2014, 2:36:52 PM8/29/14
Hi all,

Sadly, I must retire the project, because it has too many
inconsistencies, too many faults in some compilations, with some Linux
distributio.

A very great tester, David, tried to compile the program on Linux and on
OpenBSD, and while compilation goes smoothly (though not immediate),
execution differs too much from what I experimented on my Mac OS X 10.4.11.

I have no Linux to test on, but I thought that a program written in C
for the gcc, and using only library calls, could be completely portable.

It is not.

My fault, obviously. I'm not a professional, I program in my spare time
on a single computer (the only one I can afford, bought in 2005), and I
cannot stand a deep testing on various machines.

For the present, the project is suspended, until I find a way to
override all this.

Thanks to all who tried and tested the project: their efforts are a
great experience I can count on.

-- Antonio