How will the quantum computing affect low-level programming

Peter Cheung

Mar 8, 2018, 4:15:31 PM3/8/18
Hi
How will the quantum computing affect low-level programming?
Peter

Rod Pemberton

Mar 9, 2018, 2:22:35 AM3/9/18
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:15:29 -0800 (PST)
Peter Cheung <mche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How will the quantum computing affect low-level programming?

I don't know how it would, or if it will.

But, I'm wondering why you think quantum computing would affect
low-level programming? What makes you think that the programmer would
experience any difference from how we program now? Do you think we'd
need to learn some quantum operations, instead of port I/O or register
programming?

Rod Pemberton
--
feedback loop: Russian aggression -> World complains -> Russian
paranoia -> Russian threats -> repeat

Alexei A. Frounze

Mar 9, 2018, 3:10:18 AM3/9/18
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 1:15:31 PM UTC-8, Peter Cheung wrote:
> How will the quantum computing affect low-level programming?

Heisenbugs will become Heisenfeatures. :)

It would be wonderful to see an entirely different set
of primitives, something reflective of the quantum
phenomena. Dunno how it's going to play out.

Alex

Kerr-Mudd,John

Feb 8, 2021, 7:35:47 AMFeb 8
Now this might be a better post to update.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.