Programmer analysis of Dr. Todd Grande vs Bob Lazar

Skybuck Flying

Jun 23, 2022, 6:34:46 AM6/23/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jav5SmWw-Ow

This shrink's analysis is so fucking fake it's hilarious !

Skip first 25% of video to watch me burn him to the ground.

The best two ufo videos ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjApDnCvh2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ

That's what this is about.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jun 23, 2022, 11:43:10 AM6/23/22
Issit about asm at all? this being a NG for such things, not your blog, yeah?

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Frank Kotler

Jun 27, 2022, 4:06:28 PM6/27/22
> Issit about asm at all? this being a NG for such things, not your blog, yeah?

I certainly agree!

As moderator of CLAX, I have a program = yes, it's written in Assembly
- which pesters the submission mailbox every 15 minutes and every 15
minutes it returns "0 messages" for months at a time.

At least Sky_uck's rambling serves to confirm that this newsgroup is
working.

"Hi" to all assembly programmers! Wish you had more to say!

Best,
Frank

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jun 28, 2022, 4:10:29 AM6/28/22
Recently I updated (slimmed down) my calendar program. but there was 0 interest.
I think I spent nearly a month trying various tricks to get a really compact nonjmp 'n'teenth routine. jmp version still won. Perhaps a bit obsessive.

;;; ax=day num [1-31] want 1st 2nd 3rd but 11th 12th 13th, then 21st 22nd 23rd ... 31st
call put2dec ;' dD'

;; put nth [21+2] ; ah | al
; 30 31 32 33 | 30 31 32 33 34-39
xor ah,0x01 ; 31 30 33 32 [3]
add ax,0x4FCC ; 80 7F 82 81 | FC FD FE FF 00-05
cwd ; dh=FF/00
isz:
and bl,dh ; scrap teens

cbw ; flag 0-3 in ah
and bl,ah ; scrap 9-4
; shl bx,1 ; *2
lea si,[bx+thstrs] ; pt to st etc
add si,bx ; si+2*bx
movsw ; 'th/st/nd/rd'
;; end put nth

put2dec: ; I: al=2dig num; uses ax, di inc by 1 or 2
aam ; zr if al=0, not ah, bah.
mov bl,al ; save ix (bh=0) [2]
or ax,0x3030 ; to disp
cmp ah,0x30
jz noldz1
mov [di],ah ; put tens
inc di
noldz1:
stosb ; put digit
do_ret: ret

thstrs db 'thstndrd'

wolfgang kern

Jun 28, 2022, 7:07:10 AM6/28/22
Hello Frank!
hope your in better shape than me :)
__
wolfgang

Frank Kotler

Jun 28, 2022, 5:00:11 PM6/28/22
Hi Wolfgang,
My hearing is failing. My eyesight is failing. My memory is failing.
What little ambition I had is gone. But I feel pretty good most of the
time, so I'm doing good!

Wishing you the best!

Frank

Frank Kotler

Jun 28, 2022, 5:06:12 PM6/28/22
On 06/28/2022 04:10 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> Recently I updated (slimmed down) my calendar program. but there was 0 interest.

If posted to CLAX, I'm not seeing it yet...

Best,
Frank

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jun 29, 2022, 6:27:22 AM6/29/22
OK, not recently. Actually it was
"show current Month's calendar in 256 bytes"
that garnered no interest.

The 'nth' code snippet I posted above was for for a different, but related program, possibly posted much earlier.
or maybe not. My memory is going!

Steve

Jun 30, 2022, 7:20:15 AM6/30/22
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> writes:
>On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 17:04:53 -0400
>Frank Kotler <fbko...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>> On 06/28/2022 04:10 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
>> > Recently I updated (slimmed down) my calendar program. but there was 0 interest.
>>
>> If posted to CLAX, I'm not seeing it yet...
>>
>OK, not recently. Actually it was
>"show current Month's calendar in 256 bytes"
>that garnered no interest.
Hi,

Actually I tried to respond without success.
And I lost my news access at that time as well.
What I tried to post was:

" Nice calendar program. Which showed a problem with
my own hex to binary conversion program. Which means
I will now have a programming project to restart."

Regards,

Steve N.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jun 30, 2022, 9:10:17 AM6/30/22
Thanks. hex2bin?

I think I just do bin-to-display: 2 decimal digits: 'putnumal'

%macro putnumal 0
;reqs cl=10
div cl
xor ax,0x3030