Astroturf: Legacy of 2019 we carry forward

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jan 17, 2020, 5:38:36 AM1/17/20
Astroturf: Legacy of 2019 we carry forward

By Bharat Bhushan Padmadeo
The Pioneer, dailypioneer.com
Sunday, December 29, 2019

It's time to say goodbye to the year 2019. That makes
imperative, a look into the premise that the country set
for itself in 2019, to figure out what legacy we carry
forward to the New Year. It is on this premise that 2020
would take off. The obvious reasons are two-fold. First,
the living world, driven by a cause-effect chain, carries
forward residual effect of all the good or bad choices made
and happenings thereto. To put it simply, a cause
necessarily precedes an effect, which in turn, sets the
ground on which future takes off. It is something like a
seed, which has been gathered in the past, if laid down in
the ground and nursed, will grow into a fruit bearing tree
in the coming time. Second, the living order remains
subject to continued churning with related bearing on
societal dynamics in future. Life, therefore, needs to be
seen in succession.

The year 2019, as we know had been marked with many
significant developments. True to the indications of Mars
placed adverse to its dire enemy Saturn, in both Solar
Ingress chart as well as the one drawn during Lunar Eclipse
we had on January 21, 2019, we had to deal with serious
security concern. We had to bear with devastating Pulwama
attack on February 14 by Pakistan based terrorists. That
was followed by India's counterattack on Balakot based
terrorists in Pakistan occupied Kashmir on February 21,
2019. That was enough for the ruling dispensation to evoke
emotional chord of Indian populace and romp back to power
with greater strength during 2019 parliamentary election,
otherwise going through trying times on various counts.

In all the referral charts discussed in the New Year issue,
finance, female, and weather indicating Venus was in
debility. No wonder, we are faced with progressively
declining economy leading to massive unemployment and
inflation, with no apparent signs of recovery in near
future. Agrarian crisis owing to erratic weather cycle --
heavy rain followed by flood at places, and severe drought
in other areas -- has adversely affected the lives of a
large majority. Female security remained a matter of grave
concern, with ghastly acts happening all across the
country, many of them on kids. In this respect, there has
been some positive developments also, as Unnao rape accused
has been convicted by the court of Law. Also, deck has been
cleared for execution of the death sentence granted to the
convicts of Nirbhaya murder case. The matter requires
serious attention. Unless attitudes change, this problem
won't get over just through the whip of law. That calls for
sustained efforts towards raising human capital from early
childhood. Sense of awareness about respecting female's
dignity needs to be induced deep in the inner realms of
every mind right from early school stage itself.

Continues at:

https://www.dailypioneer.com/2019/sunday-edition/astroturf----legacy-of-2019-we-carry-forward.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti