Re: Riley Gaines gets accused of telling the truth

Transheuser-Busch

Dec 18, 2023, 9:09:10 PM12/18/23
On 18 Dec 2023, JE Corbett <jecor...@gmail.com> posted some
news:a2c6099f-8934-4489...@googlegroups.com:

> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/trans-teen-loses-volleyball-scho
> larship-after-riley-gaines-unleashes-right-wing-mob-against-her/ar-AA1l
> H3EL
>
> All Riley did was let it be known a man was going to take a
> scholarship that had been allocated for a woman according to Title IX
> mandates which require that woman be given equal opportunities to
> participate in sports at the high school and collegiate level.
>
> The writer of this story accused Riley of misgendering this man when
> it was the writer who did the misgendering when he called a him a her,
> a lie repeated numerous times in the article.

Molly Sprayregen
https://twitter.com/MollySpray/photo
Molly Sprayregen
@MollySpray
Writer of all things queer. Associate Editor at
@lgbtqnation
. Opinions are my own.
Chicagomollyspray.comJoined June 2011

Molly Sprayregen
Molly Sprayregen is a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ2S+
issues. She is the Associate Editor for Equally Wed and a regular
contributor to LGBTQ Nation, the Associated Press and Forbes.com. She
has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post and
more.

> Then the writer continues her (I think she is a her) BS rant by
> claiming Riley caused "a child" to lose his scholarship. First of all,
> someone about to enter college is not a child. At the collegiate
> level, they are called men's and woman's sports. Second, what Riley
> did was prevent a man from taking a scholarship that rightfully
> belonged to a woman. That scholarship will not go unused. UofW will
> offer that scholarship to a woman as required by Title IX.
>
> Probably the biggest lie told by this writer is that Riley "decried"
> this guy's "achievement". A man getting offered a scholarship for a
> women's collegiate sports team is not an achievement. It is a fraud.
> Allowing men to take a scholarship intended for a woman is totally
> unfair because no woman would ever be big enough, strong enough, or
> fast enough to take a . scholarship intended for a man. The end result
> of this one way reallocation of athletic scholarships is that men will
> have more opportunities to get those coveted scholarships and compete
> at the collegiate level, something that Title IX prohibits.

Sprayregen is an attention whore of the moment. She exists only to
inflame and regress. The world would be a better place without this
kind of person.