MSNBC Host Gets Emotional Introducing Former Cop In January 6 Interview

Ubiquitous

Jan 8, 2024, 1:53:30 PMJan 8
An MSNBC host got emotional during a discussion Saturday marking the third-
year anniversary of the U.S. Capitol breach on January 6, 2021.

The host, Jonathan Capehart, pulled out a tissue and appeared to be on the
verge of crying as he introduced former D.C. police officer Michael Fanone,
as shown in a clip published by Mediaite.

“Officer Fanone, I’m gonna try to get through this. Thank you. For what you
did three years ago today. Please tell me your thoughts, on this third
anniversary,” Capehart said.

MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart cries on air while discussing the third
anniversary of January 6. pic.twitter.com/4t5dUf0PSi

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) January 6, 2024

“We are still in the midst of the same fight that began on January 6, 2021,
and we have a lot at stake in this country and I think that it deserves every
American’s attention,” Fanone began, after a pause.

Moments earlier, Capehart spoke about how Fanone — who has since written
about his experiences in a book called “Hold the Line” that was published
last year — was “there that day” at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 “battling
the mob” in a wild turn of events that briefly disrupted lawmakers certifying
Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

“He was dragged down the Capitol steps. He was tased by someone in the pro-
Trump mob. He suffered a heart attack during the fighting. And in a detail
that crystallizes the horror that unfolded on January 6th, Fanone recalls
insurrectionists shouting, quote, ‘Kill him with his own gun,'” Capehart
said. “Despite having lived through that harrowing assault and living with
the consequences of that trauma, Fanone has not stopped defending our
democracy.”

The host added, “He has sought to hold those responsible accountable, and he
has an urgent message for the American people as the 2024 presidential
campaign season gets underway. Fanone told HuffPost, quote, ‘Ultimately, you,
the American voter, will be the last line of defense when it comes to
preserving democracy as we know it and ensuring the peaceful transfer of
power. And it’s that serious.'”

Video of Capehart sobbing at the top of the interview garnered some mockery
on social media. In response to the report from Mediaite, which featured the
headline “MSNBC Host Breaks Down Full-On Sobbing In Emotional Segment With
Hero January 6th Cop,” Capehart responded, “And I’d do it again!” along with
a “Raised Fist” emoji.”

#WhatLiberalMedia

--
Islam is a peaceful religion, just as long as the women are beaten, the boys
buggered and the infidels are killed.