Bill Gates, Thank You( Is this thread Y2K compliant? )

1 view

T. Max Devlin

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
Ever alert to the forces of no-good, sa...@sgi.com (Eddie Saxe) takes
a page from the book of alt.destroy.microsoft and exposes corruption
in high places, for the good of humankind:
>In article <slrn7257k...@dementia.mishnet>,
> <je...@dementia.mishnet> wrote:
>>On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:12:04 GMT, Thomas R Scudder <tom...@umich.edu> wrote:
>>>Joseph Michael Bay (jm...@leland.Stanford.EDU) asieoniezi:
>>>: Probably. I mean, it's SO obvious that the Imperial Star Destroyer would
>>>: win, especially if it had Darth Vader on board. He could use The Force
>>>: to make Spock go insane or something, and then they could just blow up
>>>: the Enterprise with TIE fighters. Duh.
>>>
>>>Oh, yeah, like the Imperials would have a PRAYER against ships that can
>>>MANEUVER at FTL[1] speeds.
>>
>> Depending on what episode of Trek you're watching they
>> can or can carry out combat manuvers at Warp and may
>> or may not be able to do so against sublight targets.
>
>Ha! But then the Star Destroyer could merely engage its cloaking device,
>and while the Enterprise crew were remodulating the pass-band tetryonic
>filter on the sensor array, Londo's superior piloting abilities would have
>them set up for the coup-de-foi-gras!

Less than three hours, and a casual MENTION of the thread started a
sympathetic thread/virus in alt.destroy.microsoft.

And what the hell's up with this crosspost?
[alt.destroy.microsoft,alt.netscape.sucks,alt.religion.kibology,alt.is.not,alt.is.too]

No wonder the Society for the Study of Internet Deviance is tracking
this thing...

T. Max Devlin

Oct 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/14/98