Bill Gates, Thank You( Is this thread Y2K compliant? )

je...@dementia.mishnet

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
On 13 Oct 1998 02:05:29 GMT, Eddie Saxe <sa...@sgi.com> wrote:
>In article <slrn7257k...@dementia.mishnet>,
> <je...@dementia.mishnet> wrote:
>>On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:12:04 GMT, Thomas R Scudder <tom...@umich.edu> wrote:
>>>Joseph Michael Bay (jm...@leland.Stanford.EDU) asieoniezi:
>>>: Probably. I mean, it's SO obvious that the Imperial Star Destroyer would
>>>: win, especially if it had Darth Vader on board. He could use The Force
>>>: to make Spock go insane or something, and then they could just blow up
>>>: the Enterprise with TIE fighters. Duh.
>>>
>>>Oh, yeah, like the Imperials would have a PRAYER against ships that can
>>>MANEUVER at FTL[1] speeds.
>>
>> Depending on what episode of Trek you're watching they
>> can or can carry out combat manuvers at Warp and may
>> or may not be able to do so against sublight targets.
>
>Ha! But then the Star Destroyer could merely engage its cloaking device,

Yes, that sort of tech was rather implied by ESB.

>and while the Enterprise crew were remodulating the pass-band tetryonic
>filter on the sensor array, Londo's superior piloting abilities would have
>them set up for the coup-de-foi-gras!
>
>I read it on the web, so it must be true!

One never can tell. SW tech could pull the old 'firing
under cloak' bit out of it's proverbial ass. At least
we know it isn't explicitly absurd as in ST.

--
Empowerment implies having the power to do for yourself
what needs done and the necessary confidence to try. |||

In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com