assistance please

1 view

Thom Peppard

Nov 22, 2001, 6:40:23 AM11/22/01
I'm looking for a script that will work on Snak v4.8 for the mac. I would
like this script to allow me to notice not only the ops in a channel, but
also those that have been voiced by the ops, at the same time. I know mIRC
has this capability with the /ovnotice command, as so does other irc
programs on the mac.

With the little reading I've done, this can only be accomplished thru a
ircII script, or an applescript. Unfortunately, I have no experience with
either of these.

If anybody could help, either by leading me to such a script, or if it's not
a huge process, whipping up this script for me, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mm

Nov 22, 2001, 6:52:25 AM11/22/01
mIRC doesnt work on MAC.

"Thom Peppard" <thomp...@tru.eastlink.ca> wrote in message

Thom Peppard

Nov 22, 2001, 11:31:46 AM11/22/01
I didn't say I was using mIRC, I said I wanted the capability to do
something LIKE mIRC..I'm running Snak, an IRC client for the mac.

MJ Ray

Nov 22, 2001, 3:49:22 PM11/22/01
Thom Peppard <thomp...@tru.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>With the little reading I've done, this can only be accomplished thru a
>ircII script, or an applescript. Unfortunately, I have no experience with
>either of these.

This shouldn't be too hard, by sending a who command and parsing the
results, but it's more time than I have to spare right now. You will need a
good reference guide (eg http://www.irchelp.org/ has an ircII documentation
set) and details of which numeric answers a who command (the RFC might be
the way to find this out).

Hope that helps.

--