[Thunderbird] Switch URL that an IRC account connects to?

Blue-Maned_Hawk

Nov 8, 2022, 10:10:12 PM11/8/22

​Hello!

I'm using Thunderbird, and i have two separate issues that i think would
both be solved by figuring out a way to switch the URL that an IRC
account connects to: one, the node of a network i'm connected to had
its certificate expire and is now kind of a bitch to connect to (and was
somewhat unreliable in the first place, so switching to a different node
would probably be worthwhile anyway); and two, i have an account that's
connected to the non-encypted URL of an (unrelated) IRC network and i
want it to connect to the encrypted one instead.

How do i switch the URL that an IRC account connects to? I don't want
to have to create entirely new accounts for the separate URLs and lose
all the history that my computer has saved.

P.S.: how do i stop Thunderbird from turning emotes into emoji in IRC?

--
⚗︎ | /blu.mɛin.dʰak/ | shortens to "Hawk" | he/him/his/himself/Mr.
bluemanedhawk.github.io