auto-reply

Daniel Moser

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Hi there

I am looking for a script, which is able to reply to a message of a
specific user with help of .txt-file into what all questions and
answers can be written. I need it for an online-quiz which always
repeats old questions, so it enters automatically the correct answer as
soon as the question has appeared..... Plz, can anyone help me? I'm very
very new to mIRC-scripting

thanx

Daniel

skold

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Daniel Moser wrote in message <38EF4DB3...@balcab.ch>...

>I am looking for a script, which is able to reply to a message of a
>specific user with help of .txt-file into what all questions and
>answers can be written. I need it for an online-quiz which always
>repeats old questions, so it enters automatically the correct answer as
>soon as the question has appeared....

You'll need to explain this a bit better .. It sounds like you want a bot
that will reply with a specific answer if someone gives it a specific
trigger? IE,

<skold> IRC
<bot> IRC is Internet Relay Chat

Something like that? If the questions were more than one word triggers,
you'd have to use wildcards .. Otherwise people would rarely get the exact
trigger..

~`Jerry`~

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
this should work...

on *:text:*the question*:#: { msg $chan the answer }

a text file could work I guess, but it would involve a bit of scripting
(which I can do, but don't feel like doing)...

I'd advise starting a new events file.. like quiz.mrc and out this stuff in
it..

~`Jerry`~

Daniel Moser

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00

> You'll need to explain this a bit better .. It sounds like you want a bot
> that will reply with a specific answer if someone gives it a specific
> trigger? IE,
>
> <skold> IRC
> <bot> IRC is Internet Relay Chat
>
> Something like that?

Yes, exactly. It would be good if this bot only replied on triggers of the
Quizmaster (nick = QM)...

> If the questions were more than one word triggers,
> you'd have to use wildcards .. Otherwise people would rarely get the exact
> trigger..

And the questions are sometimes more than one trigger.... It would be great if
you could help me.....

Greets

Daniel

Daniel Moser

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00

Hi Jerry

Thanx....this works..it is unnecessary to put it in a .txt-file.....

Greets

Daniel

Daniel Moser

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
Hey skold

I know now how to make the script....(without a .txt-file).... Thanx anyway

Greets

Daniel

Jon Thomas Stokkeland (Stoke)

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
> I am looking for a script, which is able to reply to a message of a
> specific user with help of .txt-file into what all questions and
> answers can be written. I need it for an online-quiz which always
> repeats old questions, so it enters automatically the correct answer as
> soon as the question has appeared..... Plz, can anyone help me? I'm very
> very new to mIRC-scripting

you got some good answers of solutions..
could it be an idea to put your questions/answers in a INI-file?

[*IRC*]
filter_01=what,is,!server,!best
answer_01=IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat.
filter_02=best,server
answer_02=The best IRC server is IRC.IRCLink.net :D

[*sheep*]
filter_01=farm,software,!adult,!xxx
answer_01=Good software for sheepfarmers: www.sau2000.no

Where my idea here is to do a wildcard match on the topic with the question,
and then loop thru the filter (token comma) and all words must be in the
sentence, words starting with exlamation ! can not be in the sentence..

got the idea? :)

Daniel Moser

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
Hey Jon

> got the idea? :)

yes, I got it.....very clever....thanks

Daniel Moser

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Hi

this version worked really fine.... The only disadvantage is that it replies too
fast. How can I put some delay in it?

Greets

Daniel

Ed Davis [Kalaro]

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
peter...@balcab.ch (Daniel Moser) wrote in
<38F1C0F2...@balcab.ch>:

>this version worked really fine.... The only disadvantage is that it
>replies too fast. How can I put some delay in it?

>> on *:text:*the question*:#: { msg $chan the answer }

on *:text:*question*:#: { .timer 1 $rand(5,10) msg $chan the answer }

that'll send the answer 5-10 seconds after it sees the question.

--
Ed Davis (Kalaro on DALnet)

Daniel Moser

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00